1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recruitment Underway?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ryris, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Its pipe dream but griffin and cp3 joining our team would put us on GSWs level.

Those two already have great chemistry and LACs two best players joining a 55 win team would be the best possible scenario for us. It doesnt matter who we lose.

Somehow keeping Gordon and Capela as well would make us even more elite. We would have 30 nationally televised games if those dominos were to fall.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Griffin is a mental warrior compared to Anderson.

I'm gonna be honest I put all the blame on the playoff failure on Anderson, he was the only guy who didn't show up at all for the Rox the entire playoffs. Rox offense is like a well oiled engine, it needs every part to work well or else the whole thing will collapse. Anderson was like the faulty radiator cap that caused the engine to overheat or something.

He is the opposite of consistency you dont know if he will shoot like Dirk or like Shaq every game. Thats not the kind of guy you want on your team because it leads to a lot uncertainty and confusion when making and executing game plans.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Griffin is a much b3tter fit than CP3

If he can stay healthy, it would be a great signing

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

No it doesn't.

Cp3 Harden Griffin is two superstars short over Curry, KD, Green,Iggy, Klay. How is 3/5 on the same level as 5/5?

That trio isn't even as good as Cleveland's, and they almost got swept in a 7 game series.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Wrong again. Their superstars / all stars are better than ours.

Curry > CP3
    Durant >> Harden
    Green > Griffin

Plus they have Klay and some other pieces and well built CHEMISTRY already.

Fact is, short of a Curry or Durant injury, there is no team Rockets can assemble given the options and salary implications that's on GSW level

Rockets just have to assemble the best they can and hope for a serious injury (yikes) for one of Durant / Curry

bloodwings19 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Green ain't better than Griffin in real life. Curry is not a all around better point guard then CP3 either real talk.

Richie_Rich, dje243, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  7. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I love hearing that J.R. I believe Ibaka would be ideal for the Rockets. About a month ago I posted that there was
    no chance. But now seeing teams like Cleveland acting like they want to disband and form a super team elsewhere.
    Now I'm not so sure Ibaka will stay with the Raptors. Miami has been rumored to wanting Griffin for years.
    Miami has to pay Bosh; but i doesn't count vs their salary cap (my understanding). Miami probably goes
    strong for Griffin. Griffin is not the type to take a discount to form a super team imo. CP3 does, imo, as he
    is getting older. I see him taking a 2 year deal with player option on second year. Similar to Durant
    and LeBron the last few years. CP3 also seeing Durant take less money to keep superteam somewhat
    together.

#47 Jatman20, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  8. Ryris

Ryris Member

Iggy and green are not superstars. Very good role players that are effective in their role, but not superstars.

dje243 likes this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Totally disagree. Griffin shoots it fine from 3 for a PF, he just isn't a pure shooter like Ryno. Josh Smith fit in just fine at the 4 and was shooting 3s at a lower clip than Blake Griffin did last season.

Paul is the one that makes ZERO sense to me.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here, and btw James was also hanging out with Durant and well...didn't even consider us.

11. basketballholic

I'd rather have Demarcus than Blake. And yes, a Paul, Gordon, Harden, Cousins core could challenge the Warriors. As could a Paul, Harden, George, Cousins core. Need spacing? Plug in Wiltjer at the 4. Or sign Brandon Rush and run him out there with the other four.

Vivi likes this.
  12. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I dont know, I'm so anti griffin. He is a minus defender, tries to shoot too much, cant shoot, and his game relies solely on waning athleticism. Clint is already a superb + roll man and has perfect synergy with Harden. The Clipps have had the double roll for 6 years, and haven't done jack with it.

I can get with Chris Paul, but, he is going to be a Spur if anything other than a Clipper. I really hate Chris Paul, but, he really is that good. Griffin, I actually like him, but, he really isn't that good. He is better than Ryan Anderson, but, not so much with this team. I just dont see him moving the needle.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You guys are nuts. We aren't adding two 30 million players and keeping Gordon. (Aren't adding two 30 million guys either way)

14. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Sign Nene first before bringing in new guys.

Keep Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell.

Figure out who stays on roster with Hartenstein and Oliver aboard. What happens to Onuaku / Troy Williams?

Check all options regarding Ryan Andersons's contract. Can he take a pay cut down to $4m?

#54 dfbreyes, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  15. threepointshot3

In what planet Curry is better then Harden?.Harden and Curry are both bad defenders. On offense the only thing better Curry does is shoot better off the dribble. Harden has him beat on a overall offensive player.

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I'd take Curry over Harden any day of the week. Curry is a way more consistent shooter. His quick release and ability to shoot off the dribble make him a much more difficult cover. Another thing I like about Curry is that he's always moving without the ball. It's so fun to watch him destroying defense by running around screens. He's by far my favorite non-Rocket. Honestly Harden's game is boring and ugly. His isolation plays are so inefficient because he is really limited in his offensive game and it showed in the playoffs. Plus he always stands still without the ball and makes the whole offense stagnant.

basketballholic likes this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Besides the weather what's so good about Cali? The taxes? They tax at least 13% and on top of that there's an athlete tax. The traffic? It's actually worse than Houston. If I had to choose I'm going Houston. He can travel to California whenever he wants on Les' private jet and with the extra money he will be able to make he can go and do whatever the hell he wants.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If the Rockets fail to get any big names, then they should try and get P.J. Tucker or Jonas Jerbko, possibly both. We need defense, shooting, and rebounding in a bad way.

19. threepointshot3

That is why he was voted all nba 1st team ahead of curry.As far Harden's so called lack of offensive game? He can pull up from the mid-range, he can attack the basket and finish through contact better then anyone not named Lebron James. He can play the pick and roll better then anyone in the nba. I mean common. Give me a break. Harden is a offensive weapon who can create a ton of points for his team by creating easy looks and easy buckets in playmaking mode or scoring by himself. Curry is nowhere near the playmaker Harden is.Harden CREATES ALOT MORE POINTS FOR HIS TEAM then Curry can ever dream of.

Put Curry on the Rockets by himself in Harden's position and lets see him carry this team to the 3rd seed.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

To be fair, if you say that Curry is not a better all around PG than Paul (which is ok btw), you can also say that Griffin is not a better all around PF than Green...Griffin is definitely a better scorer, but Draymond can also score in different ways, can pass, dribble, he can space the floor a bit better...and he's way better on defense, can easily play two spots and guard 3 if not 4 positions, Blake cannot even guard properly other PFs.

#60 Vivi, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    FTW Rockets FTW likes this.