1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recount...and you thought it was over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Are we headed for another Bush V Gore?

That ruling made it specific that it could not be used as precedent, but with so many swing states, we're headed towards that exact same situation where lawsuits by Trump and definitely Clinton (she'd not the type to get Gore'd) will reign for the next two weeks.

I guess those ****ers at the Senate did something useful for their side by not appointing a Justice (or doing anything else for that matter), but because of a split SCOTUS vote that can't break gridlock and delay, this may cause the Constitution to meltdown and divide by zero come Inauguration Day.

That last factor was the deciding rationale why they gave the election to Bush, the scenario where there is no rule of law.

What this means is that there better be quicker ways to recount the vote in two months.

2. Dei

Dei Member

Is making threads you liberals' coping mechanism?

3. Invisible Fan

Nah, just a prediction. It's too tight either way. If Trump loses, he'll do the exact same thing. The money is whether Hillary will pursue it and drag the process to Trump's level

#3 Invisible Fan, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  4. TheresTheDagger

Dude...he's currently sitting with a 1.5 million popular vote lead. If that stays the case, its obvious the country has chosen.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think this is as close as 2000 at all

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can we trust that he really won? He's the person saying the system was rigged. President-elect Trump has said for a long time that it was rigged. We know that people working polling places that were Trump supporters have been arrested.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True, but that's without the California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii votes being counted. That will close up, but it won't matter. It's the electoral votes that determine the president, and Trump looks like he'll take that.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know if any states are close enough to trigger whatever recount provisions exist in their local laws, that was what spawned it in Florida.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah , I don't think so either. I'm surprised, I mean Trump even took PA (looking that way). The Media is shell-shocked, I think the rigging of the dnc and the media still trying to play it cool, made some Democrats vote independent and also caused trump voters to get out there. This whole election was/is a mess.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

russia
    Russia
    RUSSIA!

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, not looking that way... Even though some media outlets would hope so.

I'm in disbelief of the whole election.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Dems killed Trump about accepting the result before the results came in. If they turn 180 and don't accept the result themselves, they would be acting in a way that lost them the election.

13. Invisible Fan

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Exactly, they made a big deal of it after the debate and never even asked Hillary the same question.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

RECOUNT WONT HELP

He is taking MI, PA.. too many states his electoral is too high..

Donald Trump- The new President of the United States of America

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is nothing like gore/bush election. It's over. I don't like Trump, but he's our president, Yay? ? ? Well, hopefully it'll be entertaining.

17. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

the zionists elite jews are trying to screw the donald over... pathetic