1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Record without Howard last 3 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jayfree

jayfree Member

2013-14: 6-5
    2014-15: 27-14
    2015-16: 7-4

TOTAL: 40-23

If anything THIS is what we have to look forward to if he is not here next year. It's no longer a big man's game and perhaps Capela can be a better cog full time.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Watch him opt in and we're stuck with him and Brewer again next season.....

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Fuuuuuuc please have mercy

4. basketballholic

You are counting on Capela having a tremendous breakout if you think we'll be better over the course of 82 games by simply replacing Capela with Howard.

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How much would you pay Dwight?

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dwight has been Rockets best player postseason during his time here

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

we always wanted to have a dynamic tandem of one elite perimeter player and one big guy.

And play the In and Out and lots of PnRs

It was worth the risk and we got to build on a much better PF now

8. kevtse

kevtse Member

This is looking more and more likely to happen. We are screwed.

9. Raven

Raven Member

That really is my greatest fear, but at least Morey can package our 2016 first with Brewer to make it easier to dump him....

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nothing, he has to go.

DD

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, because that 63-game record OP mentions is too small a sample size to extrapolate to a full 82-game season. Or something like that.
    <BR>

12. bmd

bmd Member

I agree with your overall point, but I also think Howard has declined considerably this season. He is very average this season. His decline in athleticism is noticeable. He's not even close to the defensive force that he used to be.

And he's costing the team over $20 million for very average play.

Having said that, Capela is not a starter. He's too raw and too small to be the primary option at center.

Rockets need to make it a priority to get Festus Ezeli, in my humble opinion.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Whiteside!

Was a absolute monster in yesterday's game, I will be watching the Heat/Hornets series closely as it contains 2 potential free agent targets by the Rockets (Whiteside / Batum ) and of course the GOAT Jeremy Lin.

14. bmd

bmd Member

Whiteside's attitude scares me.

I like Festus Ezeli because he has the best defensive rim protection stats and doesn't seem like a headcase.

15. Mr Chuck Norris

Proably cuz Harden is dragging this sorry ass team to the postseason every year

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ezeli, Mahinmi, Pachulia, Mozgof, Noah, Biyombo, Aldrich, Marjanovic all seem like good options for defensive/rebounding focused, legitimate centers that will be free agents this summer outside of the star big's like Howard, Whiteside, Gasol, Horford.

For the right price I wouldn't mind pairing any one of those players along with Capela for the Rockets center rotation next season.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The talent gap is pretty huge though, and will probably be larger then the salary gap between their contracts. Whiteside is quite literally averaging OVER double of what Ezeli is on points/rebounds, triple blocks and at a higher in less then twice his minutes, his efficiency(FG%) is 5% higher, better advanced defensive stats, 10+ higher Ft percentage as well.

Whiteside is truly a monster, dominant center, only 26 years old with very little mileage on his body, he is Deandre Jordan 2.0 on the free market this summer, and I feel his max will be a bargain compared to the contracts given out this summer to lesser players. I'm not scared of his attitude, Howard's is actually worse, he gets way more T's and just as many dumb fouls.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A big part of it was the breaking out of DMo last season. Now that DMo's health is a huge concern, I don't know what to think.

19. bmd

bmd Member

Points saved per 36:

Ezeli: 4.32
    Whiteside: 2.80

FG% allowed at rim:

Ezeli: 44.0%
    Whiteside: 46.9%

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was just on basketball reference all I saw was dtg, defensive win shares and defensive plus minus. Neat stats where do you find those? But also with the rest of my posts you have to admit there is quite a gap between Ezeli and Whiteside, and I'm pretty sure Ezeli's going to be making big bucks this summer as well, possibly 15 mill (Rolo got 13). I'd personally view Whiteside at 21 a much better value then Ezeli at 15.