1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recommended Pepper Spray

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr Boo, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Any law enforcement folks or people with recommendations? My GF is on work leave alone for the next 6 weeks, by herself (no co-workers). We'll be traveling back and forth for the occasional weekend visit, but I won't be around during most work days (M-F). Thanks in advance.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no recommendations for pepper spray or mace but I would recommend she take a martial arts or reputable self-defense course.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Keep her away from SCK.

4. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

6. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Well she's not Mrs Boo yet...plan on proposing later this year - in the initial process of figuring the engagement ring stuff.

7. cson

cson Contributing Member

Have you not gotten this chain email? :

Protection for you and your home

If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

Wasp Spray
    A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection... Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

Wasp And Hornet Spray
    On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School. For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says, "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades. It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray.

"That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out."

Maybe even save a life.

8. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

[​IMG]
    Is that your wife?

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

http://www.google.com/products/cata...TPmgAYGkxgWU2qgi&sa=title&ved=0CCoQ8wIwCTgA#p

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ycIfDVxQ6g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ycIfDVxQ6g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Get a big dog. If you can raise a dog together, it will make the arrival of kids much easier.

I've had good luck with Akitas... they are great guard dogs (not just watch dogs) and very protective of all family members.

...or, you could get a honey badger.

12. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member