1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Reckoning with Bill Clinton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As people accepted W's proclaimation that everything from the 70s was off limits or some such

Rocket River

JuanValdez likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Al Franken was just accused of some sexual harassment. Here is his statement on it. I get that Bill Clinton then and Roy Moore now were dealing with different political dynamics. But, this is a response I can respect.

Takes responsibility, apologizes, demonstrates that he understands the damage he caused, submits to Senate ethics investigation. Now, who knows what comes next. Maybe 20 women will come out with similar or worse stories about and he needs to furiously backpedal to save his skin. But for the news of the day, this is a good PR response.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I wish others would adopt this approach.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Franken's initial remark saying that the photo was obviously a joke was cringeworthy. It doesn't matter if the victim is an airhead or incredibly stupid.

This response is much more balanced and will help him ride the wave.

No Worries likes this.
  5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

One of the biggest reasons that women don't talk about sexual harassment is they are afraid of the backlash. Hillary Clinton was most certainly an accomplice in trying to destroy, demean, and belittle women who had been sexually harassed for speaking out honestly about their harassment.

She was more than an accomplice she was an active participant.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So I guess any wife that doesn't believe their husbands' accusers which is quite a natural reaction is an accomplice and active participant.

Question. How does that hold up legally?

Has any wife been prosecuted for not believing their husbands' accusers?

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Question:
    If Clinton is an accomplice for defending her husband and attacking his accusers, does that make Sean Hannity an accomplice to Roy Moore's assaults? Does it make all of the Trump fans here accomplices to his assaults?

8. okierock

She is an active participant in continuing the problems in exposing the sexual harassment of women. Considering she also claims to be a feminist, she is a liar as well.

She knows exactly who Bill Clinton is and any self respecting woman much less a feminist, would have divorced and assisted in the pursuit of justice against him. Crushing the silly little women that her husband assaulted and harassed is what she does, it's who she is. She is guilty of these things.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

No. Don't be silly.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well sure, but that only matters if people actually care about the BS they spew when they are virtue signaling....and let's face it, we know they don't.

In reality, defending your career is natural and Hillary always wanted to use Bill as a springboard to launch her own political career and to protect that she did some awful things. It happens. The only thing that is weird is that some people actually consider politicians to be moral in the first place. We should honestly laugh at them when they feign outrage when it comes to just about anything....and that goes for ALL of them. The assumption should be that they are inherently immoral....or they wouldn't be interested in that kind of work to begin with.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

She was more than an accomplice in providing the backlash against the women. She was the actual person doing the attacking.

But she was neither an active participant nor an accomplice to the sexual harassment/assault perpetrated by her husband. It is lunacy to suggest that.You're being ridiculous.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Feminists would call that being a "rape supporter" I think perhaps he's being disingenuous by throwing the left's "ridiculous" rhetoric back in their face. I'm glad we can all agree that type of rhetoric is "ridiculous" and I hope we'll continue to agree about that when circumstances change.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I consider myself a feminist, and in order for it to be a rape supporter situation, we would need actual legitimate proof that there was rape. So far all we have is what one woman said was rape, then changed her story many times and wouldn't testify.

It is completely ridiculous to accuse the wife of being an accomplice to her husband's sexual misdeeds, unless she actually tricked, or held down the women in order to help her husband do that. This was not the case with Hillary.

As I've said before she deserves any criticism aimed at her for her attacks on the women, shaming them, and harming their reputation. I will say the same about anybody from any party.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between being a real feminist and the lunatics that currently call themselves feminists today. For them to call you a "rape supporter" all you have to do is something as mundane as go to a strip club at some point in your life.

15. No Worries

You appear to have a problem with verb tense.

16. okierock

You appear to have a problem with assholeishness.

17. okierock

I am not suggesting that that she helped Bill rape anyone, I am suggesting exactly what you agree to in bold above. I would also suggest that by not condemning his actions she left him in a position of power to continue to do the same thing to more women than he would have if she had acted differently.

I agree with Bobby that politicians all seem to have lower moral standards than the general populace.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. No Worries

I do have a problem with your assholeishness.

But but but ... what about ... Monica Lewinsky .. Paula Jones ... Gennifer Flower ... but not Judge Roy and the 14 year old.

19. No Worries

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree with this. She's guilty of something. Character assassination. But not accomplice to sexual harassment.