1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recent Movies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Jun 9, 2000.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Two very excellent movies that I highly recommend. Those type of movies you wish would come out in the fall so that they would get the recognition they deserve.

The Virgin Suicides-disturbing movie about the ill-fated lives of four sisters after the youngest sister commits suicide. It deals with the over-protective parents issue. Good portrayal of a sisterhood bond, but not presented in a girly-movie way. Josh Harnett, the dude with the bad haircut in The Faculty, is great as the rebel in the Christian school.

The Big Kahuna-saw this movie for one reason, and one reason alone-Kevin Spacey. The movie revolves around three industrial lubricant employees who are trying to land a big account at a convention. 98% of the movie takes place in the 16th floor hospitatlity room of a Wichita, KS, hotel. It's basically the three men discussing their lives, and how they prioritize their differing beliefs and attitudes.

Basically, these two movies are for people who are just worn out watching the trailer of Gone in 60 Seconds, if you need a break from the typical summerfare. Not that the typical summerfare is a bad thing. Can't wait to see The Patriot and The Klumps!

Coming next week, a mini-review of Shaft and Me, Myself, and Irene. The latter starring none other than Katy native Renee Zellwegger!

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in mid-June, for now visit www.eesite.com)

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

R95 --

I ALMOST went and saw the Big Kahuna about a week ago at the Arbor 7. Guess I'll wait for rental.

I can't believe you're actually going to go see Shaft.

Does Renee live in your old subdivision? (btw..."the Bachelor" was terrible).

------------------
    Too-Rye-Aye!

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I recently saw "Big Momma", it was a funny movie. I liked it alot, Martin Lawrence is a really funny guy and all his movies are hilarious.
    ------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

[This message has been edited by Francis3 (edited June 11, 2000).]

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

She graduated the year between my sisters. They knew each other, weren't great friends or anything. She was best friends with our next door neighbor though.

I saw High Fidelity on Saturday. Being someone who is going through a breakup, and loves to make lists, made this my favorite movie of the year so far.

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in mid-June, for now visit www.eesite.com)