1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rebuilding Plans for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mcgrady33090, May 4, 2008.

1. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

After another season, we should look at what we need to improve. Last season it was the PF position, this year i think that the rockets needs another all star or all star caliber player on the team. Well Francis is another all star type player but we dont know his condition yet, if he can score 18+ points starting or off the bench then i believe the Rockets got the PG position covered. Most likely as we have seen in the preseason how he dunked on the Hornets that time, he still has some explosiveness left, but we also saw a passing Francis trying to get other players involve. So the PG position as of now is unknown. Now moving on to the SG position. Tmac is awesome, needless to say there are thousands of threads on Tmac here so im not gonna bother explaining. Head, has confidence problems he only score when the team is up, or playing well at home, so he needs to go. Green, Morey said about resigning Green, but most likely not going to happened. Bobby is in his contract year, and he makes about 6mil a year so he could be a nice piece to trade, but i doubt the Morey is goin to trade him cuz he knows Adelman's offense( so does evey1 else but anyways). SF, battier needs to be here because hes our best defensive player, maybe if we can upgrade this position to Artest than its a different story. Novak, i rly like him, hes as good as shooter as Miller, but hes better than Head, but he got no D. we can go out and trying to get a SF from the draft or trade possibly Corey, also Mike Harris is another good player, i like to keep him but i also want to upgrade this position. PF is basically taken care of. now C Yao needless to say, Deke should retire, because hes a old man give him a break, so we could go out to Free Agency and get a big man or from the draft. Loren Woos is idk didnt watch him play that much. so this is my plan. By next year if we are healthy, we could be contender again.
    btw i hate the fact that the ROx have so many young undeveloped talent that u wanted to keep but also want to get a all-star to replace them.

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

I think we had a passing Francis who was desparately trying to learn Adleman's system while losing much of his cutting and leaping ability due to a torn tendon in his knee. Also because of the injury he wasn't in the best shape either...so lets how he can put this behind him and come back strong next year. He's gotta work hard cause nothing is guaranteed as he found out last year.

3. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Ugh, there are wayyy too many threads about rebuilding plans, trading players, etc.

Clutch needs to sticky a thread one thread, so we won't have multiple threads like this.

Anyways, we need a swingman and a backup C for Yao.

I'm really tired of Tmac doing everything. The Rockets players just stumble around the three point line, either waiting for Mac to finish at the basket or waiting for him to pass out to them.

Anyone watch the Lakers game today? Although they had Gasol, The Lakers had players cutting to the basket! This made the scoring job easier for Kobe, because he could just pass inside! Although he had 33 points, it was an easy 33 points.

Sloan tried the same system on Kobe that he did on Tracy. Kobe yielded better results, not just cause he's better or w/e, but because his teammates were ACTIVE!

4. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

it was 38 but yea u r right

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Seriously! The cutting inside thing is the reason why the Cavs won't stand a chance against the C's.

James is going to be McGrady, and the Cavs other four players will be the Rockets other four players!

James goes in, four just stand around and watch.

6. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yeah if you think about it, the Cavs are built just like we are.

7. AggieRocketFan96

Get used to it. No need to jam all the trade threads into 1 sticky, especially being this early in the off-season. That's what having a fansite like this is all about.

8. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Man you must be a jerk to enter re-build mode when you have 2 superstars and bunch of good role players on your team . Stop being too pessimistic . Basketball is a sport , and everyone could have injury anytime . If u wanna trade T-Mac and YOA guy , go , go and trade them . I'll see the '' TRADE ENTIRE ROCKETS TEAM '' guys next season . You are saying that Barkley is a '' non-believer '' , but believe me , you are the biggest 'non-believer' .

I'm just tired man . I'm really get sick of these 'trade this trade that' topics .