1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reason we lost to Bucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

First off , aside from the bad coaching Gordon was cold as ice ,but this dummy still put him at the 3 spot ,to guard Middleton or eventually giannis , the bucks were using pick and roll to force a mistmatch ,which led to a double team which lead to a kickout for a open 3 for bucks not to mention he cant rebound. I know yall already know about putting pj a 6'5 player to guard Lopez who is 7 ft ,is ridiculous, but my main key that i wanted to say that Rockets are not a complete team untill they can get a legit pf that can defend and is 6'9 or above ,time and time again when capela is out the opposing teams attack the rim and we get punished heavily ,they need a defensive stopper that that can protect paint ,also as i was scouting the clippers i noticed they have 2 legit pf in patterson and harrel ,so we have a huge need there if we want to knock them out in playoffs, having a legit pf that can defend can also let pj slide to the 3 if needed which creates even more flexibility. If Dantoni and Dmorey cant see this then they are blind and stubborn in their ways.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Random poster knows more than Morey and MDA.

Congrats, OP. You're probably the 161st to make this claim since last night.

IvanLCPM, 3ston, Smacktle and 8 others like this.
  3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Damn we needed this thread.

Smacktle and FrontRunner like this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Seriously, there's no reason to make too much of it. In fact, despite the loss I am actually encouraged. Harden shot the ball about as bad as he could and we still dominated most of the game. Sure MDA's decision's seem questionable but there's a reason why he's an NBA coach and I'm willing to bet that 99.9% of the posters here have never even coached a little kid's team. Overall, it was a good game, we just didn't win it.

Imagine if the Harden had a beast of a game but the Rockets got their azzez beat and looked like total crap.... if yesterday's game is any indication, we can be cautiously optimistic.

Manos, Stephen_A and HP3 like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Yup the only problem here is transition defense
    and FORCING HARDEN RIGHT. We have to do something about that.

6. macan

macan Member

first real game we had after adding all these new pieces over the summer. i'd say we'll get it together after 20 or so games. give it some time to gel.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We need bigger 2 way wing players. Our wings are small.

Crashlanded19 and Plowman like this.
  8. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

We still haven't found a legit Ariza 3 and D SF/PF hybrid replacement that has the length to defend. Once we have that, I think we're the best team in the league. Thabo won't cut it.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

EG threw the game...he was Milwaukee’s MVP last night

PeterKingX and harold bingo like this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

At least we can rebound the effing ball now. We literally lost the last two games against the Warriors bc of that fact. CP3 was a non factor of that series other than game 6 which we lost anyway.

11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Thabo old. House can be that guy but he isnt as long as Ariza. Wouldn’t mind getting him back but that trade exception thing we were trying to pull off with Nene effed up shop. Who knows, maybe Morey tweeting what he did was revenge against the league for shooting that down.

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

The game had a pace of 110. Blistering.

The offense was actually really bad all game and the defense was great. The pace just made it seem like otherwise.

Pretty bad for a home game.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

EG needs to be traded if he plays like garbage for the first half of this season. He just got paid the max extension, you can't be choking so hard after that.

Also he's like our only movable piece besides Capela and Tucker. I think McLemore can take his place if we add a Ibaka type player to play the 4. Tucker can then move to the 3 in a regular rotation.

Velcromium likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

the bucks scored more points than the rockets.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I know we give MDA a lot of blame for the loss, but I just want to throw this out there. Didn't Tilman gut his entire coaching staff in the off season? So we fired all his assistant coaches right? So usually an NBA head coach has a stable of assistant coaches helping him make adjustments and right now who does MDA have?

HP3 likes this.
  16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Did you guys notice that Harden is losing his hair? All he has to do is shave EVERYTHING and then he will be more aerodynamic and lighter! Problems solved!

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The reason rhymes with Bucks.

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

it's a reason why bucks was in east conference finals! guess why? mvp giannis!

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Harden , WB & EG were all ice cold from the field , especially in the second half …. Hard to beat anybody when you cant make a shot.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. JackLordsHair66

Uh perhaps we watched a different game but Russ kept us in that game in the 4th with his attacking the hoop and even hit a few jumpers. He was the only one getting to the line and had several buckets. Yeah he was off most of the first half, but I was impressed with is play in his first game with this squad. Hoping his shooting improves, but not expecting it to as he is what he is a streaky average shooter. He showed that he brings a lot of other things we haven’t had to the table thigh imo. Harden being shaded right is a major issue he has to figure out though.

Y2JT likes this.