1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reason for Optimism?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tmacfor35, Oct 10, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Your Next 7 Games

Steelers(Beat by Tampa Bay after Tampa's Thursday night game)
    Titans(Awful QB play)
    Eagles(Offensive line is the worst in the league)
    Browns(Another bad team who is fortunate to be where they are)
    Bengals (QB isn't elite, but I don't see the Texans winning this one)
    Titans (At home, chalk it up)
    Jaguars(Bortles against RAC)

This season isn't over yet.

The Texans can put some wins together in this stretch.

We are going to get a major addition on the defensive front for Pittsburgh against a QB who doesn't necessarily get the ball out quick.

I see a potential 5-3 ball club going against the Eagles in NRG with the worst offensive line in the league(No I am not talking about the Texans line).

Keep your head up. This season is far from over.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I think that we could go 5-2 or maybe even 6-1 if we can beat the iggles. The season isn't over, but we have to get to 10 wins and I only see 9 likely wins on the schedule.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I hope we can make the playoffs. I really do. It's a lot different than other years though because we are looking at the schedule and seeing that it is weak enough for us to get the wins we need. We know this team isn't that great and would need the perfect matchup in the first round to have a shot at advancing.

Then again, stranger things have happened. If Clowney can come back and stay healthy then maybe that will give the defense that extra force it needs. If they get get to the quarterback a second earlier it could really make a world of difference. Johnson has looked better and Foster has as well.

Sigh. I wonder what it's like to be a sports fan in Boston.

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

They have put themselves in a situation where they need to go 5-2 in these games. It's possible especially since Rapethlisberger, Dalton and Foles are probably a notch below Romo and certainly Luck.

Also Clowney returns and hopefully the coaching staff improves.

5. tmacfor35

Clowney would have been an all world difference last night. I really thought Merciless played well last night, but he gets swallowed up on run defense and is more of a Brooks Reed type when it comes to cleaning up the QB. Clowney is a play-maker which is something that we just don't have outside of Watt.

It's a shame that last night's best rusher outside of Watt was Simon from the Baltimore PS. He showed some last night in one on one rushing technique.

6. tmacfor35

I would put my top dollar that the Texans will focus on tackling the next week.

So many missed tackles that cost the Texans from getting the ball back in the first quarter.

I like the coaching staff. And if this team ever figures out how to jump ahead of teams, than they will be a very tough team to pass the ball too.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN SOMEONE TEACH KENDRICK LEWIS HOW TO RUN WITHOUT KAREEMING HIMSELF?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I just want to see guys step up and improve every game. Get more comfortable with the scheme. Expand the offense. Become more confident on defense. Maybe Cushing returns to 80% of what he was.

That's it.

Wins, losses, don't care.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Steelers-L
    Titans-W
    Eagles-L
    Browns-L
    Bengals-L
    Titans-W
    Jags-W

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that looks pretty much like a worst case scenario, we always need to keep the pessimistic angle in mind.

10. tmacfor35

I think the Texans will do much better than that.

Steelers OL/Eagles OL are not the greatest pass blocking lines.

Browns are a bad team. They have needed some furious come backs to get back in to things.

Bengals are going to KICK OUR BUTT!

11. tmacfor35

What is frustrating about our offense is that at times it looks SO GOOD!

Fitz and his back shoulder throws are something that we have never had a pleasure to witness in Houston.

Something that needs to happen though! Get DJOHNSON the ball on offense. He is quick and can really be a game breaker for the Texans.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For him that's about as optimistic as it gets, he actually picked the Texans to win some of those games which was kind of a shock to me. The guy is basically Eeyore when it comes to the Texans.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You have your opinion and I have mine.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True statement.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It comes down to Clowney his addition alone could single handedly change the season he's that good.

That's all I got for optimism because AJ and Cushing seem to be listless, Duane Brown has played terribly and Fitz is the worst starting QB in the league.

If Clowney plays to his potential he and Watt could create an absolute juggernaut defense which combined with a healthy Foster could overcome the Fitzwreck.

16. tmacfor35

I think we are all worried about our starts being healthy.

I saw some great things from Mercy/Simon yesterday.

Brooks Reed has some excellent speed to clean up sacks that Watt and Clowney will create.

I am very optimistic. The Texans were a better team for most of the day yesterday.

A loss is a loss but I have felt better the last two weeks with our losses than our wins.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I think this 11-day break is going to be huge.

Guys will be rested and energized, and I think they'll be hungrier for the win.

If we're able to win 9 games, I would be extremely pleased as it's surpassed our expectations...

The close losses the past two games show us we can roll with offensive juggernauts, so I'm optimistic for the coming games.

We can and will bounce back. Like JJ said, now is not the time to panic, because there is a team that fights back.

It's good to get humbled by these losses; AJ/Fitz with fumbles; Kareem with miscues; DJ with missed tackles. These are things that are manageable and can I'm completely optimistic that we will string 9 wins this year...

We're a third of the way there!

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

5-2 is my guess

This is NOT a bad team
    I think we have some 1st year coaching problems. . . .
    some FitzMagic problems
    and some lapses on Defense. . .

BTW why the hell #21 falls down so much?!??!?!!?

Rocket River

19. tmacfor35

We wont play a better team than the Colts all year. The thing is, we were the better team for 3/4 the game.

Sad, but I really think the Texans have a chance in INDY this time around. Better than any other year(excluding the ridiculous lost against there Pre-Luck squad).

This team needs to run more 2 deep safety and having Clowney back will help them do that. The less blitzing the better.

20. tmacfor35

Who is your loss besides the Bengals game?

I actually think that will be a close game because our defense should overwhelm teams without elite QB play.