1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Realizations and Observations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by playahata, Mar 3, 2000.

1. playahata

playahata Member

Mathematical realities have begun to set in. I realize that there are only 24 games left in this season, and I think it will take 44 wins to get in as the 8th seed. That means a 21-3 finish. As a die hard I am finally facing a reality the Rockets haven't faced since 1992. The Lottery. Here is my biggest problem....I think this year is a very weak draft, and at best it will be very guard heavy (as far as good players go). I really don't see any "franchise" players. Let's be realistic, are Mihm, Martin, Richardson...uhh (DeMarr Johnson???)...these future superstars??? I don't really see any out of this year's class. Some good PG's will be out , but we don't need another guard, because I will put our collective backcourt against most in the league. I see some good players however, but I see another potential speedbump in our plan to pull a San Antonio. Barring amazing luck we will not be in the playoffs and we won't have a lottery pick worth a damn. I simply think we don't suck enough to be even in the top 5. We have a better record than 9 other teams, and I see that number raising to 11-12.I think we need a badass forward and we aren't gonna be in the top 5 barring the kinda luck that'll get us into the playoffs. I digress....This team has a lot of pieces in place for the future, including the coach. My bottom line ....I love Stevie, Cuttino, and Shandon (and to a lesser degree Bryce). I love Cato, and really like Carlos and hope that he sticks here . I then get to Kenny Thomas. I hated this guy in college. Next to El Hoopo ( Najera) he was by far my most hated college player, and at the time of the draft I honestly would have felt better drafting Venson in KT's spot. Rudy, however has proven that he knows players. This guy may prove to be better than Othella. Both really play no D, but get boards and have good offensive game. KT has great post footwork and a nice jumper. He has shown more game than Othella showed in his 1st 2 years (although he never got off the bench). Rudy finds gems (I hesitate to use the word diamond) in the rough and these guys will be ballers eventually. This team has a bright future regardless of who we draft this year, but no playoffs is a hard pill for me and the ClutchCity collective to swallow. I apologize for the lack of direction and focus in this post, but Lottery syndrome has set in and I've got nowhere else to go.