1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reality Check

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jshabang, Apr 14, 2003.

1. jshabang

jshabang Member

Guys,

Beat me up as you may, but truely, I'm sick of the attitude of this team. To be completely honest I'm glad the suns won it. They deserved it........they beat quality teams down the stretch, just like a team thats trying to make the playoffs. the Rocks on the other hand didn't do squat.

The best team won, fair and square.......

This is 4 years in a row that we hit the lottery......if thats not the recipe for some serious soul searching than what is?????? do we have to lose 6 or 7seasons before you guys realize that something needs to be done asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudy is a good coach, but after 4 years of lottery, how long can he last........I dont care what anyone says, the rocks have more than enough talent to be a 5 or 6 seed out west. 7 at the lowest. I'm starting to think he's lost this team. His gameplans and subbing pattern has had me kick 4 of my tv's of the entertainment center.

Also mobley, moochie, and Griff had horrible seasons. I saw no inprovement in either ones game. As a matter of fact, I saw a digression in there game. They all had better seasons last year. Moooch was a solid backup last year, this year, he never seemed to have the quickness of last year. Just another case of big contract, no feedback

reality is that some changes need to be made this summer, another season of not making the plyoffs, with a 7'6" center, an all star point guard, and a quality supporitng cast should no longer be tolerated. At some point somebody has got to go. i don't know who, but somebody has got to go.:confused: :(

2. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

huge rocket fan, but i can be realistic too, i agree with what alot of what you said

appreciate rudy and his tenure as a rocket but didnt agee with alot of the direction he steered us in....dont think hes the sole problem,,,the players just have to act as if they want it and show enough confidence in their teammates

3. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I agree with this 100%, something has to be done. First off, Rudy T needs to step down as coach or be fired. Then Mobely and Francis need to be traded. Francis is a great talent but he is not the type of player that is going to win anything. Francis and Mobley have to many bad habbits. Yao should be who this team is to be built around. The Rockets also needs some new bench players. Sheez, this team needs a total make over.

4. jshabang

jshabang Member

I agree with all you said but trading steve, hesa true talent that needs direction, not trading, I think rudy will retire and tag it has a health issue to save face, because I saw Les inRiver Oaks the other day and it looked like the guy was gonna blow is top when someone approached him about the season..............yikes...he told the person he personally GUARENTEED a better season next year no matter what had to be done..........He said new arena will bring a new attitude and that the winds of change is abroad, and the guy wasn't smiling at alllllllll.........................YIKES:eek:

5. RocketKrazy

RocketKrazy Member

I agree, rockets have to do something soon. Thats why i posted the Clipper Rockets deal. They have to make this work its about the only chance they got to land a defensive star Player. Rockets gotta do it. Mobley is good player but he doesnt fit for this team. Francis and Yao, nobody will move allstars, im sorry. I dont see anywhere else they could get a star player.... but from Clippers.

6. jshabang

jshabang Member

I think Mo Taylor, Cat, Or Eddie or a combination of the three can get something legitimately done...If he puts those guys out there CD will get calls

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree completely. This young team on rise baloney is nonsense. This team is going nowhere, and primed to go nowhere all over again next year. They need a whole new offensive system, learn to play defense, become organized and disciplined, and several new players. I don't understand all the contract issues, but, if possible, I would trade anyone but Ming. Hopefully, the Francis-Mobley show will close, and somebody will learn how to shoot baskets. The Rockets could rebuild Iraq with the "bricks" they shot this year. Endless dribbling and isolations HAVE TO GO! PLEASE!

8. jshabang

jshabang Member

Jeez.................Can you be a little more blunt:cool:

9. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

if rudy doesn't step down, i think he will start the season, however, they might fire him down the stretch.

I believe the consensus is all star level POWER forward is needed and that mobley is the first candidate for bait.

The other big switchup could be getting a pure PG and moving Francis. I think thats the least likely change.

The only other change would be coaching. There are good examples of coaches coming in and really getting things going: Detroit/Carlisle NJ/Scott and Boston/ O'Brian.

Those are the possibilities. Something will be happening. I think we will be getting an established player in here. Thats for sure.
    I wish we were as good at the draft as San Antonio!

10. jshabang

jshabang Member

I personally think Rudy will step down and blame it on health, than next season take a job elsewhere and haunt us like halloween:D