1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REAL trade rumors? do they exist?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dreamshake97, Mar 14, 2012.

1. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

so i "heard" we might be interested in Bogut.. well he's off the table now..

i hear Gasol.. but don't have a clue if that's a real rumor that still has meat to it or just something all the espn homers like ric bucher wants so the Lakers can better their team while we stay mediocre..

so my question is, Is there ANY real trade rumors involving Houston? like with Links.. I'm tired of reading Trade machine BS, and Trade prediction threads..

I want REAL news, with REAL stories.. i mean if we are gonna be active in the trade market there has to be something out there! I'm getting restless!

i just have this feeling morey will do nothing.. or something stupid like trade Lowry and Scola for Gasol.. :rolleyes:

anyone with inside info wanna talk? someone on here has to know something

2. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Bogut is traded to warrior's for Monta Ellis and got stephen jackson....#whoop.

3. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

rumors are rumors and stuff

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You have to read and sort through threads like the rest of us.....

5. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Yes, there have been the same rumors the past 2 yrs. We are trying to get a superstar. Everyone is available.

This is real, but too bad nothing significant will happen.

6. Know Your Role

Last minute trades at the deadline, no one knows whats going on except Rockets FO. They are always quiet regardless of what 'experts' say. We just have to wait it out and see what happens. Last year the only indication was that Shane was expiring and Brooks had started to throw a fit. Use deductive reasoning and I'm saying we're shipping Martin out and maybe a few others. Who/what we get back....No clue. Most likely a trade where we say why didn't I think of that.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

They're called rumors for a reason.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Seems like we're being pretty tight lipped. Someone posted a rumor about Orlando and us looking at Beasley. Other than that, nada.

9. senter

senter Member

I usually just refresh clutchfans, but twitter is also a good source for rumors. I know people have floated around a few lists with the best people to follow. Even if you aren't on twitter it is worth it to make one just to get basketball news and updates.

Also, realGM usually compiles all of the rumors into one place.

10. seyton

seyton Member

There are less rumors now than there were 5-10 years ago and certainly there are less that turn out true. Best rumors we get now are about deals that died 3 weeks ago or generalities like X player might be moved somewhere or Y team willl make some deal sometime.

The beat writters and insiders have.let their game slip. No one was remotely close to calling bifurcated-Ellis.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hoopshype is my scoop. I believe everything they say.

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Calm down! waiting for one day only。。。

13. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Houston not making any moves this season

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Most of this stuff is coming from respected media members on twitter. That's about as real as you're gonna get short of the trade actually going down.

15. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

i just read on espn that the Magic are pissed and want a commitment from howard or they are trading him… but unlike other websites it says nothing about Houston being the front runner to be his rental team.. said Jersey and New York..

i have to say, if we traded our picks away and starters for FREAKING howard to stiff us i would go out of my mind… we all know how this ends… Rental superstars never stay.. Beltran makes a Historic run with the astros and leaves.. Randy Johnson gave us the finger… Cliff Lee and cj wilson both gave the rangers with old up yours too…

we can't convince ANY star to come here unless one is already here. We have to draft one.. Hakeem could get ANYONE to come play with him which is why we got Pippen, Barkley and Drexler to come here.

I'm nervous Morey is gonna make a panic trade to please the masses.. if that happens we are screwed.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This thread will surely filter out the legit rumors against the bogus rumors....

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

noun /ˈro͞omər/ 
    rumors, plural; rumours, plural

A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth
    - they were investigating rumors of a massacre
    - rumor has it that he will take a year off

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daryl is working hard, trying to get something done. If nothing is done, it wasn't for a lack of trying.

We're always open to upgrading the roster and will do so if it helps us getting back to a championship contender.

Daryl is interested in renting a superstar.

Daryl is interested in acquiring a top draft pick, now or later, closer to the draft.

Those aren't rumors. That's #FACT! ;) Take it to the bank.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Amel,

Do you think TWill is gone by tomorrow?

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes they do. Unfortunately, only this guy can prove it.

[​IMG]