1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real Season Begins!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Apr 17, 2002.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Playoffs? Naw! The Rockets OffSeason. While some would say we have just completed the OffSeason, others realize that the Rockets are now one of the few teams in the league where things become MORE entertaining and exciting after the regular season is over. Let the fun begin! Lottery, Drafts, Trades, Rumors; WoW, I am really pumped! BBS will melt down with excitment. After a seasonal Black Out, Interesting Basketball has finally returned to Houston.:)

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I agree. When the final buzzer sounds tonight, this joke of a season will finally be literally over. We can focus on Steve's court sense, Eddie's handles, Cuttino's passing, Mo's conditioning, Glens' knees, Cato's heart, free agents, the draft, trades, rumors, gelling as a team, and becoming smarter. Not to mention working on public relations stuff, ticket sales, season ticket sales, Oscar's consistancy, TMO's shot and handles (who IMO will turn out to be a great player for us), Tierre's ball control, Rudy's coaching decisions, Langhi's erraticness, Moochie's dribbling or lack-thereof-needed, and Collier's huff-and-puffness.

Most importantly, we need to watch game tapes, maybe not just of us but of the Kings, Mavs, Nets, ect., to come up with a better way to run our offense.

Hell yeah I'm excited. Starting from scratch. Come on Rockets, show us what your made of.

And please...no more '00-like drafts please. Okay? Thanks.

3. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

are there any good unrestricted free agents this offseason that the Rockets might think about landing, or do we have to look at trading some of our players for their rights?

The Rockets' #15th overall draft pick (from Toronto) comes down to tonight. Tell me if I am correct. If the Raptors win tonight, which they'll definitely try to do, they're automatically in the playoffs, correct? And from what I understand, if the Pacers, who the Raptors are tied with, along with the Bucks, lose tonight, then they're out, no matter if Toronto or Milwaukee lose?

Is this corect?