1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[REAL GM] SIGH another Player Ranking thread, but this one has spoilers !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

JUST WAIT, I know I'm getting sick of rankings to, but one more cant hurt right.;)

I think Real Gm has made the first rankings I actually liked, check it out and comment below or even leave the necessary abusive Lin/Bev related comment, it doesn't bother me. but the fact is, this year is gonna be fun.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/230480/Top-50-Players-In-NBA-Today-Considering-Everything

What was considered when making the list:
    what was surprising is that the whole rockets team made it onto his list, its his top 60 players based on the criteria, and it was the first rankings that i actually continued to read.

Rockets Starting 5

PG
    58. Patrick Beverley
    SG
    6. James Harden
    SF
    50. The Handsome one
    PF
    16. Dwight Howard
    C
    49. Omer Asik

besides from being the only team to have all starters in the ranking we also are lucky enough to still be a top 5 team in terms of age and average salary
    [​IMG]
    on a side note, OKC is the fattest team this year, YIKES

this can only mean one thing, bring on the season, my body is ready
    [no spoiler needed]
    [​IMG]
    [/no spoiler needed]

2. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Rankings? Yall talking bout rankings???? Rankings??!!!

3. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

They have Carmelo Anthony at 58... After MKG and who the hell is Dennis Schroeder and why is he ranked above Melo? Trash rankings

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

dont question the rankings, it is positive to the rockets so lets just believe it OKAY

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know it factors in contract, but still...

players ranked above Dwight Howard:
    Anthony Davis (3) LOL!!!!
    Andre Drummond (7)
    Marc Gasol
    Kawhi Leonard
    Joakim Noah

If Dwight is really only the 16th most valuable player, falling behind the names I listed (plus others like Kevin Love) then the Rockets are going to be in trouble.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dennis Schroeder is the real deal. His game is nearly a carbon copy of Rondo's except he can shoot too.

7. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

This, LOL at this list, c'mon! It has Durant ranked higher than Lebron, what a joke.

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Lebron not at number one removes any credibility this list might have had.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea... no thanks

10. JBar

JBar Rookie

Read the criteria guys: The evaluation combines the talent of the player and the value of the contract. In that light, the list isn't so weird.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Seeing as LeBron is worth, I don't know, $50 million, it's ridiculous to not have him at #1.