1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The first paragraph you quoted from me is what I would sincerely recommend for all political parties, including the Democrats.

The second and third quotes are the values of Democrat leftists, which nobody will be surprised to see Joe Biden or anyone else in that group kowtow to.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No, those are your (by "your" I mean Fox/OANN) opinions of what you think Democrats value. I know you want to believe that all we look at as a whole is skin color. That's ok. You're just a messenger. Some day, when you decide to come up with opinions and thoughts of your own, you'll see things a bit more clearly.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Virtue signalling? By Biden?

You nut cases really make up this crap and then buy into it as gospel. If there is one thing that makes Biden popular is that he definitely DOES NOT virtue signal. The man is a gaffe machine. Do you even know what virtue signalling is, or is that just a buzz word you read in a cartoon and you repeat like the drone you are???

And Biden is a bigger name in the black community than Harris - a prosecutor who incarcerated many blacks in controversial ways.

So stop playing your "identify politics" card, and your "PC" card, and all your other junk because you have no clue what you are talking about - literal incoherent gibberish.

Go back to posting cartoons, at least you didn't sound like an idiot and just looked like one

biff17 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I guess you didn’t bother to read the context of what I posted. I agree it is shallow to assume that the Democrats must have a black female VP candidate. There are factions inside the Democratic Party pushing for specific representation but it is foolish to believe Harris suddenly increases black voter turnout. I don’t even think that is the demographic the Democrats need to be concerned about.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I also find it sad how out of touch mojo is. The assumption that black Americans will flood the polling booths because Harris is black (never mind that her voter isn’t). I guess from the Republican perspective any ole black candidate works... just throw a black female out there as VP and profit.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sorry, my mistake, I meant to respond to mojomans post.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Except as you know very well, because I have repeated it several times now, Harris as VP is not going to be a substantial motivator for black voters. Instead, this could motivate far left voters who are particularly fond of virtue signalling, "Political correctness" and "Identity politics".

Repeat that lie again and you will knowingly and intentionally be lying straight through your proverbial teeth.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree with @MojoMan that it is hard to conceive that Biden, should he win the nomination, would pick a white person as a running mate. Especially a white man, except maybe, maybe Mayor Pete. I'm not sure that picking Harris or any other diversity candidate will really bring any voter aboard, but the old white moderate Democrat not picking a diversity candidate would have people grousing that the Democratic Party is still resisting the rise of the new guard. So, yeah, it will be a minority -- a black person or a woman or both.

MojoMan likes this.
  10. biff17

biff17 Member

Don't agree I can easily see him picking I white woman but his GO candidate needs to have some sway with the more progressive wing of the party.

I think he might go out of the presidential candidate pool with his selection.

Nook likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

My point was, and is......... it doesn't have to be Harris. There are a number of other candidates that have the qualities needed. Harris' record as a prosecutor, unfortunately is heavy baggage. She is also very polarizing. I am not saying it WON'T be Harris, it could be, but I don't think she is the clear cut best choice.

You lost you "lying card" after your comments on the Mueller Report, so don't even try going there.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The use of the term "virtue signaling" is in fact a type of virtue signaling. You of course do not see your own hypocrisy.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Of course it does not HAVE to be Harris. And as you know very well, I never said that it did.

A lie is a lie. If someone here, including even you, gets called out correctly and truthfully for lying, the problem is not with the person calling out the lie, but with the person telling the lie. If you do not want that to be you, then you should refrain from knowingly and intentionally repeating statements that you have clearly established reasons to know are not true.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. Nook

Nook Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

Which is it?

Once you have made up your mind we can discuss how you are confused on what "lying through your proverbial teeth" means.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I am saddened that you cannot seem to engage in this exchange without being intentionally misleading and deceptive. You knowingly cut off my quote from above, and then posed a question that was addressed by the comments that you cut off. Seriously, don't we have enough room for disagreement and debate without you intentionally misrepresenting my remarks?

Here is what you presented:

When my comment that includes the answer to the question that you misleading posed as being unanswered, is as follows:

If you want to disagree and confront me about anything that I have posted, could you please do that based on what I have actually said, and not based on my comments out of context?

#877 MojoMan, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Perhaps this move will catapult Beta O'Rourke into the upper echelons of the Democrat's primary rankings:

O’Rourke apologizes to ‘View’ for ‘privilege,’ ‘elitist’ campaign

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-Texas, tried rebooting his 2020 campaign on "The View" Tuesday, admitting that he made some missteps in his initial launch earlier in 2019. O'Rourke specifically indicated he regretted saying he "sometimes" raised his son, and that his Vanity Fair cover "reinforced" the perception that he was privileged.

When co-host Joy Behar asked if he thought the Vanity Fair cover looked "elitist," O'Rourke nodded his head. "Yeah, I think it reinforces that perception of privilege." He also clarified that he wasn't trying to say he was "just born to be in" the 2020 presidential race, as Vanity Fair's headline may have suggested.​

This is pathetic. Beta should probably just save himself any further humiliation and drop out today.

19. TheresTheDagger

First question the press needs to ask. What happened to the state surplus you inherited from your Republican predecessor that's now a deficit?

Also, he's real big about removing dark money from politics yet strangely is silent on his cohort Jon Tester's willingness to accept same.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

and trump (0 years)