1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Kamala Harris appears to be the frontrunner for the VP nomination, if recent reports are to be believed.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden has already said that his VP pick will be a woman. Yang is out of the running on that front, but I'd say he definitely positioned himself into a cabinet nomination.

3. mtbrays

Supporting Member

huguhfhhhhfuhh g8 one MOJO! Hamberder food for THOT!

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@MojoMan you need to stop bumping your own thread that really has no meaning anymore (not that it ever did anyway)

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Well... That's certainly disappointing since imo, Yang is far better candidate than anyone else that was running.

I like Warren but not for vp. Not too knowledgeable about kloba, like gabbart but for vp?? Hate Harris.

6. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Gabbard burned every bridge she had with the DNC over the last year. She will not be appearing anywhere near a national ticket.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't take this the wrong way but if you are not knowledgable about Kloba how can you say Yang is a far better candidate?

Why do you think Gabbert would be a good VP?

8. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tulsi has made her amends lately. She endorsed Biden, recently dropped her lawsuit against Hilary, and has voted in line with the Democrats on all of the bills and resolutions in the House.

People forget that she was once a vice chair of the DNC and Bernie's VP pick in 2016. Tulsi knows how to play the political game. I don't think this means she will be the VP nominee though.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So she is an opportunist who miscalculated?

Patience and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think I have a better chance to be Biden's VP nominee, no matter what she looks like in a bathing suit...

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Because IMO Yang was the only candidate running that wasn't the usual career politician. He wasn't focused on ideology or trapped in the traditional way of thinking & politics. The fact that he clearly explains, details and publishes his positions, solutions to issues was what I found attractive. While I didn't necessarily agree with many or even most of his view points, I could at least see his rationale & his pragmatic view to solving problems.

I'm sure Klobuchar is a fine lady and I agree with many of her positions, but in watching her in the debates or in the interviews I've seen... I couldn't help but feel meh... an ambivalence. She doesn't stand out in any way to me. Her background, career, personality, while all commendable and fine - just didn't strike me. While I wouldn't want Warren for VP, I'm moved by her passion as a candidate... same with Bernie.

Why do I think Tulsi would be a good VP? Curious question you're posing since I questioned if she would even be a good choice.

If not Yang, I guess I can dream for Michelle Obama or even Oprah lol.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Amy Klobuchar has apparently withdrawn her name for consideration to be Joe Biden's vice presidential nominee.

Amy Klobuchar withdraws from Biden VP selection to make room for ‘woman of color’

Sen. Amy Klobuchar announced Thursday she was removing herself as a candidate to be former Vice President Joe Biden’s vice presidential pick.

Klobuchar told MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell she called Biden Wednesday evening with her decision, saying she believes “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."

Biden pledged earlier this year to pick a woman to be his running mate and is currently considering about a half dozen candidates, including several women of color.​

If there was any lingering doubt about the Democrat party being the party of racism, this pretty well clinches it. Not that there really was any doubt. But for anyone who was waiting for further confirmation of this well established fact, here it is.

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

#Winning...lol.

[​IMG]

Patience likes this.
  17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

KingCheetah and jiggyfly like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol at OP continuously bumping his own thread in an in attempt to be relevant.

In the words of Trump: sad, pathetic, weak!

Sweet Lou 4 2 and KingCheetah like this.