1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rdio launches free listening on mobile devices

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by No Worries, Oct 3, 2013.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Rdio launches free listening on mobile devices

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Digital music service Rdio (AR'-dee-oh) is launching its free Internet radio service in the U.S., Canada and Australia on Thursday.

The move capitalizes on Rdio's tie-up with traditional radio station owner Cumulus Media and helps it compete with digital rivals Pandora and Spotify.

For now, the app that works on Apple and Android devices won't play ads between the songs that are randomly picked based on genres, artists, songs or albums.

The company hopes nonpaying listeners will sign up for a $10-a-month subscription that adds features like the ability to pick and choose exact songs and albums.

On the Web, Rdio's radio player will have ads that are sold by Cumulus Media Inc.

Cumulus announced it was taking a stake in Rdio parent Pulser Media last month.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: Why choose this or another service like this one if iTunes Radio already plays what I want?

My Milli Vanilli Station rocks! :p

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i use spotify's free app most of the time
    i dont see this being a substitute for pandora since it has years of my molding
    but i still prefer spotify over pandora because i get to choose what i want to listen to

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Free Rdio mobile app also lets you select what you want.