1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ravens hire Gary Kubiak as OC

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by roxxfan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Who isn't trusted on punt returns anymore....

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Flaco's career down the drain

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What will be interesting is that in the past I heard comments from Ravens fans like

Kubiak certainly doesn't allow that, I wonder how quickly the people of Baltimore will turn on him.

4. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

After eight years we know all of Kubes plays. Run, short pass, fake handoff ..

5. Raven

Raven Member

Honestly, whatever. It's an old boy's network, and Kubiak is the poster child for it. Since he's no longer with the Texans (thank God), any discussion about his new job is probably more suited for the NFL forum than here.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

well ....at least i have Dennis Pitta in my dynasty league. Kubes loves his TEs

7. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

nice!! didn't think about that, will have to consider pitta next year for fantasy, kubes sure does love his TEs

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ughhh a new playbook?!

Fansided:

Along with new offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, the Baltimore Ravens and quarterback Joe Flacco will be getting a brand new playbook this season – and soon.

Kubiak told BaltimoreRavens.com that he is wasting no time in developing the new playbook so he can get it into Flacco’s hands as soon as possible.

“I think the biggest thing when you’re new is getting a playbook done quick,” said Kubiak. “The best thing I can do for Joe right now is get to work and get something in Joe’s hands at some point. We’re going to do that here pretty quickly.”
    Kubiak said he is tailoring the new playbook to fit the needs of Ravens players, as well as coach John Harbaugh’s style.

“[I’m] talking to John and getting on the same page with some of the ways he wants to call things,” Kubiak said. “It’s been an adjustment period, but the bottom line is we’ve settled down now, we know what direction we’re going. We’re going to have to be great teachers this year because it’s brand new. We’ve got to get going teaching as quick as we possibly can. Time is of the essence.”

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SMH

Rocket River

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Flacco can challenge defenses deep. Coupled with Torrey Smith they're among the best at it. Schaub couldn't throw deep. Of course the playbook will be different. What did y'all expect?

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Blitz, blitz, blitz! Game plan against the Ravens has been established.