1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the Rockets broadcast team among the other local broadcasts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Elmhurst NY

Elmhurst NY Member

Yeah agree. Plus I enjoyed the Boston, Washington and Toronto crews too.
    I grew up watching/listening to Marv, the czar of the telestrator, John Andreas, Breen, and the real Clyde.
    Drexler is the 3rd worst in sports broadcasting behind Dennis Miller and Magic Johnson.

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

It's time for Bill to retire... Ackerman is the future.

Clyde is the worst, provides no insight at all.

Bullard is ok.

Bill should do a better job with keeping up with players on the other team and general NBA trends and news.

Steve Kerr is the best color commentator in the game right now.

4. texansalltheway

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

This. They're unbearable.

6. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

one word, bad.

7. Harden's beard

Growing up in Houston and living in San Antonio now, I hate hearing anyone other than Bill. It just doesn't sound right. I'd say Bullard is a decent stats guy and Clyde is abysmal... But he's the glide so it's OK. I hate almost all the spurs fans since they all think they know basketball lol

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I've probably spent more hours listening to Bill Worrell than to any other human being on Earth.

Roughly estimated: 50 games a year, 2 hours a game, for 30 years = 3,000 hours.

ha!

I enjoy our easy-going, positive, homerism; including Clyde, especially Calvin. You won't know how good we have it till we don't have it anymore.

9. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I understand Bill does complain about calls too often and they always hark back to the good ole days of physical basketball, but his self deprecating humor and corny jokes with Bull make up for it. At least he doesn't say KABOOM! every time some one makes a decent shot(ala Heat).

Steve Kerr makes me want to jam Oyster forks in my ears.

10. SeabrookMiglla

i like the rockets announcers always have, sometimes ill listen to tnt to get an outsider perspective of the rockets. sometimes its refreshing. you know bullard is on clutch fans.

11. BonziWellsGOAT

How I feel when either Sean Elliott, David Wesley, Tommy Heinsohn, Rick Fox (NBAtv), and the OKC guys open their mouths......

[​IMG]

12. BonziWellsGOAT

Really? He posts?

13. Nieto

Nieto Member

I think the Cleveland commentators are pretty underrated. They have some interesting phrases, especially when Kyrie starts heating up.

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

Clyde is an embarrassment to announcers everywhere. Boston has some pretty terrible announcers too.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Bill is a Houston institution.... leave the man alone.... he sh1ts Houston rainbows.

16. try

try Member

Everytime I hear the Cleveland commentators, they are just yelling stupid things all the time. It seems like there are three Clyde Drexlers on stereoids. Totally unwatchable.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is also a great guy.

I think our broadcast team is average. The average being, that Clyde is god awful. We are much easier to listen to when Bull and Bill are calling games.

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

At this point, who knows? Imagine if we won the championship. It would be the season that no one saw. What a disappointment.

TLDR: Screw you Comcast, Jim Crane, and the LLLLLLastros.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Bill is the best!!!. Have been watching him & Calvin since the Sleepy Floyd era. Met him when I was little when he was still doin Astros games, he signed my autograph and was the nicest. You guys are ridiculous

20. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I'd say Ralph Lawler of the Clippers is the best play guy, Stu Lantz of the Fakers and Clyde Frazier of the Knicks are the best color guys. The Knicks are my favorite broadcast team overall.

My only gripe w Worrell is he tends to get overly critical of our own players whenever they mess up.....