1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the new jerseys (IDIOT).

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jun 22, 2019.

?

Rate the new jerseys for next few seasons...

1. 10

13.3%
  2. 9

13.8%
  3. 8

32.0%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

8.8%
  6. 5

7.2%
  7. 4

1.1%
  8. 3

1.1%
  9. 2

0.6%
  10. 1

3.3%
  1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Never saw the shorts

But we have to give major props for the classics and how well they were done this go round

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Are these available for sale yet?

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Put You On Game

These jerseys keeps looking better and better every time I see them. I know some people don't like simple, but sometimes simple just works.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Finally get to see the new uniforms on an actual PLAYER versus the headless mannequins. Makes a difference I think it looks pretty sharp.

LOL at people saying they look *generic* and then loving the *generic* 80's jerseys. That nostalgic prism, man.

I am a fan of the Red/Black color pairing. And would have no problem with the upcoming 4th jersey using a red/gold pairing on the current new jersey treatment. The *font* on the 80's jersey was a trash uppercase lower case mishmash.

Huncho Bean, JW86 and ShutURBiG! like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Exactly! Preach, especially about the classic font. The one on the logo should’ve been used. Generic usually means clean and people always complain that designs are not clean.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I just want bright red and golden mustard, is that so much to ask for? T_T

EDIT: On more than the non-classic one I mean

tinman likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Art is tough. I mean a *clean look* can be boring to some. And a *fancy* look can be garish. And I don't think decisions can be totally made on nostalgia because the fan base is growing and a lot of times art decisions are based on what's hot at the moment and that doesn't jive with styles of today.

It really is fluid. Hard to please everyone. At the end of the day, they cleaned some things up and that was a good step.

JW86 likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m glad the owner listened to the fans about this topic

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

True, though for the life of me I cannot get over our number font being the same when literally everything else changed...it was 100% stolen anyway and even ruined the original ones, which I still like even though those stripes at the armpit was way too big.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Glad he didn’t, if it was up to fans, we would have all McDonalds gear. Our original jerseys were not that great.

Deuce likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

You’re not even a true Houstonian
    Can’t talk about the pure colors without being pure

@Os Trigonum

Red and yellow is clutch city

persian hoopa likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes red and mustard are pure
    Like Dream

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ketchup and Mustard doesn't sell. The old Rockets Jerseys were "Blah" (I grew up in the 80s), as the logo was. Nostalgia only goes so far. I like the look of the new unis. Rockets are trying to honor the past, but look into the future. Astros did it the best.

Deuce likes this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Now that I've seen the shorts I hate them. They might be a downgrade from our last jerseys. Didn't think we could do that without going back to the dildo with teeth and fire coming out of it's butt.

J.R. likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love the black uniforms. A little more mustard here and there would be nice. I don't know why we seem to have half a dozen different ones, though. It's just to sell more jerseys. Pick a home and an away and stick with that. Make them the black ones, please.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Every team in the NBA has 3 unis. And the teams that make the playoffs have 4. And the 4th one (that has yet to be revealed yet around Thanksgiving) will only be new for this season. And will change next year. And then the NBA will give teams a 75th NBA anniversary jersey.

Yes Nike wants to move jerseys. Just a fact of life. That *4th jersey* could change EVERY year.

Deckard likes this.
  17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ketchup and mustard is as iconic a pairing as anything and everything out there, including PB&J

18. JW86

JW86 Member

I really wonder what type of guy you are, your passion for the past is admirable but you are downright crazy. Either you play it well or you really are living in a basement, still watching old games every weekend, original Murphy jersey, flags and banners everywhere, newspapers cutouts, posters. If not this then at least a shrine in a special room only your buddies are maybe allowed to enter.

Deuce likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

blue pinstripes, baby!!

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

I recall joining a YMCA league when I was a kid. We all got assigned teams. Every other team had actual NBA names: ie. Rockets, Sonics, etc. I got stuck with a team called the "Stars."

I kicked the coach in the nuts and left.