1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. cebu

cebu Member

Mission Impossible 1. 7/10.

Yes first movie. It was hilarious to see what was hi-tech before :).

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

waiting for it to come out on Redbox

3. Fantasma Negro

UPGRADE: 10/10
    [​IMG]
    As I watched this movie I thought it was a solid 7. It sparked my imagination and caused me to put myself into the protagonist's shoes but I had convinced myself that I had solved the mystery so I was thinking "even with the insane fight scenes if its predictable its a 7". The way this thing ends makes it a masterpiece. There's a good chance I'm going to make everyone I know watch it, there's no sex so I can even let my kid watch it. For the people that don't like violence and blood, I think the emotions of the film help palate the violent nature in which the seriousness of the circumstances are thrust upon the audience. This film is fantastic, easily best Scifi film of the year, so far

Svpernaut and B-Bob like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'd give it 5 stars too. I was really disappointed after all the hype. There were a few real funny bits, but not nearly as many as I had hoped for. I thought it would be a comedy more than a romance with a predictable and cheesy ending, like a typical Hallmark movie.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I too am telling every person I know to watch it. Especially with the hype from Cyberpunk 2077 intensifying!

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I recently saw Upgrade, and I’d give it a 9/10...very fun movie, I enjoyed it a lot

there were 2 kill scenes that made me go

[​IMG]

Logan Marshall-Green, aka the discount Tom Hardy, was great in this film...I’m interested in seeing if they do a sequel

Jontro likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

The Battle for Sevastopol 4/10: It's about a beautiful russian woman and rifle enthusiast, who makes her way to the whitehouse...

...in 1942.

It's there she shares her glorious story of fighting for the red army to the U.S president's wife. It tries to capture the spirit of brave women doing whatever it takes to fend off the fascist enemy , but somewhere along the line the plot hits a land mine. With a better supporting cast, this Russian made film could have gone places.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tickled. 8/10

Best documentary I’ve watched in a while.

It was about a creep that paid guys to tickle each other on camera.

Jontro likes this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

Jurassic world: Fallen Kingdom: 5.1/10

Way over the top plot, very little to believe, but enough interesting scenarios, camera work, special effects, and moments to make it worth watching. I came away surprised that overall I was glad to have seen it.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A quiet place. 9/10. This one had alot of surprising jump scares.

Deadpool 2. 8/10. It really was a family movie. Sex scenes ruin a movie imho.

The nun 7/10. Interesting and not scary at all. That was suppose to be the point.

Uncle Drew. 7/10. Put this on to jumpstart our basketball season juices.

Like Mike. 8/10. Now that I'm older It was a sad movie seeing that orphanage life.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Black Panther - I'm not a big fan of super hero movies and wasn't expecting to like this movie that much, but I was pleasantly surprised. My only problem with the film was with some of the sets that looked really cheap - the unique, interesting plot won me over.

8.4/ 10

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Annihilation was better than I expected

7/10

Deuce and B-Bob like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Solo:

I don't really even know what to say. It sucked, But it was cool. But it sucked.

5.987/9.032

Jontro likes this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

A Quiet Place: 9/10. Really enjoyed the premise and thought the cast did a great job. Liked the ending as well

Deadpool 2: 8.5/10. Thought it was like 95% as good as the first one and I loved the first one.

Won’t You Be My Neighbor: 10/10. What an amazing documentary. If you grew up watching Mr. Rodgers I highly recommend it. What a phenomenal human being

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I thought this was amazing too. Was kind of dreading it, thinking it would be too cute, but it's amazing.

Going to see The Sisters Brothers tonight w' Mrs. B-Bob. We both loved the book, and the reviews are good, but it's apparently not performing well. We had our pick of seats for a Saturday night showing. :-/

16. B-Bob

Well, I'm afraid The Sisters Brothers only rates 5.5 / 10.

The director either just didn't understand the humor in the book or decided to eliminate it. What's left is a weirdly dark and random pseudo-western, and it's beautiful and interesting in parts. But the Cohen brothers should have done the Sisters Brothers, no doubt. That was a match made in hell or heaven and it would have been incredible.

Opportunity missed. No need to see this one on the big screen.

John C. R. is really amazing though, just in an individual performance.

eric.81 likes this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Night School - 8.5/10

Hilarious movie. All the actors in this movie fit really well. I like the message behind the plot. Worth watching if you want a good laugh and motivation.

18. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Sorry to hear this. It looked fun as hell.

And John C. Reilly is just awesome. I don't know anyone who can vacillate between dramatic and comedic as well as him.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. B-Bob

Jake G'hall was also phenomenal in this.

... maybe I have to upgrade score to 6.5 for people who don't know the book.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

A Simple Favor

idk/10

I have no idea what to think about the movie other than ¯\_(ツ)_/¯