1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Pulp Fiction - 10/10:

Maybe my favorite movie, but lately I have enjoyed it more and more every time I watch.

"The truth is, you are the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men."

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just read a factoid that Butch was the one who keyed Vincent's car.

eric.81 likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Escape from Alcatraz: 9.5/10

Most of you probably saw the prison break movie in the 1970's, as I did, but there was no internet, and I was young, so I highly recommend now you do the following if you never took it any further. Watch a virtual tour of Alcatraz on you tube, watch the history channel's special on it on you tube, play watch dogs 2, wicki all the escape attempts, and then watch the movie again. There's a lot of new and interesting tidbits out there that the FBI released after the 1990's long after the movie, and that will make the movie come alive and put in context for ya. Watch Dogs 2 is what got me going, as you find in that game incredibly accurate detail of the prison and island. What you do learn by doing all of that is that the movie got it. It has not aged. Danny Glover is in there too. Re-watching it, I fell in love with the original movie even more than when I was a little kid. Eastwood shines.

4. Fantasma Negro

Apocalypse Now: 9.7/10
    Hacksaw Ridge: 8.3/10
    Central Intelligence: 1/10
    Magnificent Seven: 6.5/10
    Deepwater Horizon: 6.7/10

Pretty solid weekend

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

8/10 for me. I felt awful for Offerman's character. Great performance by him. I love the reKeatonssance.

Saw freakin' LaLa Land again. Still very charming. 8/10 as well.

jsingles likes this.
  6. Nero

Nero Member

50 Shades Darker 6/10

Ok, ha ha whatever, read the books and see the movies before you criticize.

Anyway. The second of most likely three movies in this series, this one has a different script writer and a different director than the first movie.

If you were lucky enough to see the first one, but never read the books, just know that the first movie held probably more closely to the actual book than most movies based on novels do. It was cute and harmless, and there were some fun bits.

This second one, well, to me it played more like a Cliffs Notes version of the book. There were some odd choices of narrative lines which were completely left out, and one particularly odd sequence which really sort of delivered information to the viewers in the wrong order. Since I am familiar with the books, it didn't bother me, but for the people whose only exposure is the movies, I can see how it would have been a head-scratcher.

And clearly the reason they left so many things out was because they decided to drink about 5 cans of Red Bull and amp up the steamy scenes, turning them all the way to TWELVE.

Which they did. A lot. And that was perfectly ok with me. But the trimming out of scenes and information which frankly are important to the story going forward, I'm not sure how wise that was.

All in all, it was decent, not quite as charming as the first one, but the hard-R factor (even more than in the book honestly), while it doesn't exactly make up for the trimmed-down story, it sure doesn't hurt.

The theater we saw it in on Friday night was PACKED, mostly with women, granted, but it was a hoot to listen to the reactions and the few women who were yelling advice at the screen.. heheh

It's Valentines' Day, Tuesday nights are cheap movie tickets night, take your girl to go see it, you'll live. And she'll be happy at you for it.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Is Hacksaw Ridge as gruesome and gory as people say? I heard it was pretty rough.

8. Fantasma Negro

Yes, its pretty gory. Exploding body parts,rats eating dead bodies, decapitations, gruesome battle scenes, the whole nine

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for the confirmation.

10. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Their whole exchange in the bar is one of my favorite random moments...

BUTCH: Whatcha lookin' at, friend?
    VINCENT: I'm not your friend, palooka.
    BUTCH: What'd you say?
    VINCENT: I think you heard me, punchy.

I don't know why entirely, but I love that exchange.

Rocketman95 likes this.
  11. hvic

hvic Member

gf dragged me to see this and I thought of the same thing. guaranteed sex that night.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Dark Universe: 8/10

Impressed at how the universe felt 3D in the planetarium given it wasn't presented in 3D, nicely done, but Neil deGrasse didn't shine like he usually does in presentation, and there were too few exciting 3D moments. Still though, a must see for the experience and a nice glide through the big bang.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

the passengers - 6.5/10
    it was enjoyable though i would give it a 10 if jennifer laurence had more teh secks scenes and go noodz.

the founder - 8/10

my life, starring michael keaton and nick offerman.

keeping up with the joneses - 7/10

i don't know why i enjoyed it so much. it was mindless fun which required no thinking.

i'll need to check out lala land since it's getting rave reviews.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am Not Your Negro. 10+/10

Rekt. Completely rekt. Am going to go see it again. Yes, a documentary.

15. Buck Turgidson

Watched that a couple of days ago. I had never heard of James Baldwin before.

Wow. Damn, what an amazing life.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

The Gift - 8/10 I thought it was very well done. It had some originality and Jason Bateman was pretty good

Steve Jobs - 8.5 I don't know much of the details of the real events but Michael Fassbender is excellent.

17. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Moonlight - 7/10 Not what i expected, but very good film.

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10/10

The ending. Holy cow. Will piss you off and emotionally thrill you at the same time.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I like Ryam Gosling and Emma Stone, But I thought the movie was good.........but not great. Saw Arrival tonight.........,much more to my liking........a bit better than 8/10.

20. Buck Turgidson

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Still great the 8th time I've seen it.10.6/9