1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Goon 7.5/10
    Stiffler from the American Pie movies is the main character, who plays a nice idiot who's trying to find his niche in the world as a minor league hockey enforcer. Inspired by a true character, very funny lines, realistic feel, and good scenes about sports, family, roles in life, right/wrong/in between, respect...unexpectedly damn good movie. Liev Schierber does a good job in this movie too.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Les Miserables 1/10
    Dragged by the GF. Fell asleep. Too long. /review

3. 713

713 Member

Zero Dark Thirty

5/10

Snoozefest political film. Thought it was going to be an Action film but it was anything but that. Not to mention the horrendous acting and inaccurate portayl of the Osama manhunt..

Way overhyped to the fullest. Anybody that's under the age of 30 would not enjoy this film. Bureaucracy film.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

SkyFall 6.5/10

I wonder why this movie was so hyped. Besides the nods to old Bond films I thought it was pretty bland. I thought a bond film was supposed to be about the Bond Girls, gadgets, ridiculous plots, and over the top action sequences. I hope this isn't going to be what bond films will be going forward.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Silver Linings Playbook - 7.5/10

Solid movie. Very well acted and had a decent plot, aside from a few silly aspects. Tad overrated IMO but still very solid.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Zero Dark Thirty - Very clinical look at the manhunt, lots of jargon thrown around, almost feels like a documentary. Don't really get to "know" any of the character outside of Chastain's and even then it's only about her singular dedication. Still it's a very impressive and engaging film.

A

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 7/10 I guess I expected more
    Les Miserables - 7.5/10 Russell Crowe was good, good musical
    Django Unchained - 8.5/10 great movie

All were very long, but Django was the only one that didn't feel like it was

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M83-stGDR6E?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

B-

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Three Stooges - 8/10

I'm surprised that I actually enjoyed this movie so much. Call me crazy but I hope they make another one.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Jack Reacher: 7.7/10

I might get flamed for this, but I really think Tom Cruise is an outstanding actor. Even at the age of 50 he's still a badass in this action movie.

11. bobmarley

You are now the second person that has said they enjoyed the movie.

12. 713

713 Member

The trailer don't do it justice. Good popcorn flick. Tom Cruise at it's finest.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Since Tom Cruise is a person, you wouldn't say "its" finest, but "his finest." Also, you misspelled "its", sir. :cool:

14. bobmarley

Except, Tom Cruise is a robot.

1 person likes this.
  15. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

And plus you're talking about 713. He's probably referring to Channing Tatum.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm not sure if I was the first, but it has over 60% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Personally, I haven't talked to anyone who's seen the movie who didn't find it enjoyable.

17. 713

713 Member

a sexy robot.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trouble with the Curve - 2 out of 10. And being generous with that two, as its been a while since I suffered more through a clunker. Clint... Clint. Time to retire (or stick with directing). A chair would have provided a better performance. Generic pretty girl... you were so much better in The Fighter, or even in Enchanted. Justin Timberlake? My gawd... if it weren't for the guy from Scooby Doo you'd have been the worst thing in this horrible movie. Oh wait... the three guys that played baseball players... oh, the acting in this was so bad.

Arrgh... just re-thinking about this movie to write this made me realize that 2 was way to high. Change that to 1 out of 10.

19. arjun

arjun Member

looper - 6.8/10

cool story, but was not "mind ****ed" like everyone said they were.

20. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Love and Other Drugs- 5/10
    Don't know why I watched this but I did. Just like any other chick flick, predictable but Anne Hathaway shows her boobs in almost every scene so I'll bump the rating to a 7/10 because of that reason.