1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rashard Lewis vowed to stick it to Houston...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gene the PIG, Apr 9, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

for his entire career. I would love to have him on the team, but damn... he just had that LOOK in his eye, when bypassed for 2 bums. Anyway, I hope we can snag him, but DON'T hold your breath.

------------------
    I want to live on an abstract plain!!!

2. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Thats a funny nic you have dude or is it dudet ? anyways........... your right am not holding my breath but I have this inner hope inside me that he would be willing to forgive and that his mom tells him... please son come back home that way your closer to your family ........ that might just influence him and put those harsh feelings to rest.

------------------
    Thanks Hakeem for all the memories and the 2 championships...
    The torch has been passed... Francis , the making of brand new
    great memories for us rocket fans !

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

I'm a dude, er, wait... whew, yeah I'm still a dude. [​IMG]

Thanks 3pointer. That was a fun game to watch today. Sometimes we can look sooooo good!!!

------------------

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

There's a lot of guys that want to stick it to the Rockets for the rest of their career...Elie and Maxwell come to mind. Perhaps we should pick them up too?

------------------

5. treeman

treeman Member

Freak:

Yeah, but Lewis would really complement our game plan. Maxwell, Elie, Cassell, etc would be superfluous - unnecessary. We've already got our backcourt, it's frontcourt power we need now. Lewis is bigger and more effective than the others in the paint, and might provide a little (badly needed) presence there.

This has nothing to do with the topic but I'm just curious - why is Elie so pissed at us? He got moved off a losing team onto a championship team. I can understand him being pissed at first, but the extra ring shoulda made up for it... (sorry, I like Mario, and I'd like him to have a decent relationship with the team that gave him a ring)

Anyway, I'd like to see us pick him up sometime soon - the kid got a raw deal (and so did the Rox, by their own hand). I think he belongs here, and I think he could help the team in an area it really needs help in. I hope he's not the type to hold eternal grudges...

------------------

6. TraJ

TraJ Member

Two more guys in the "I'm not happy with Houston" category: Othella and Carr. Dickerson and Price didn't have anything to complain about, but I can't imagine Carr signing with us or Othella resigning with us if they had known they were going to be shipped to Canada. Speaking of that, add Kevin Willis to the list.

------------------

7. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

don't forget about Sam Mack, i don't think he's too happy w/ us either... and i heard Bill Curley is also FURIOUS with us! [​IMG]

anyhoo, if Lewis signed with us to go along with our future draft pick...we're gonna be the most athletic and versatile (if we're not already) team in the league next year.

ooooh yeah! the big 1-0-0 [​IMG]

------------------

8. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

But Lewis was near tears when Houston bypassed him for Nancy Drew, and that check-fool!!! Those OTHER vets were just sourpuss, whining millionaires. I kinda hope he does haunt the Rox for a couple more years. It makes for a better rivalry.

Go Lewis, GO!!! [​IMG]

------------------

9. The Hungarian Rocket

If you see Lewis' stats... I don't think we need him. We have some other 10th man in our roster...

------------------
    Peter Komlosi, alias KP.
    Student of Information Technology
    University of Veszprem, Hungary
    komlosip@szamtech1.szt.vein.hu

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't go by stats alone. R. Lewis has been lighting it up.

He would be a very nice compliment to our backcourt.

DaDakota

------------------

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Gene the PIG,

What does "that check-fool!!!" mean?
    If it is meant as some type of racist/nationality insult, you are going in the wrong direction and need to edit.

Mango

------------------
    A Ranking Official in the Serious Police

12. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Yeah, what Crisco said. [​IMG]

It's called a sense of humor, mi amigo. I could care less about Turkeyshoot, or whatever his name was. We wasted a pick on him. END OF STORY!!!

Who is playing the race card??? Surely not I. Lighten up!!! [​IMG]

------------------

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

maybe the Rockets drafted someone who was a hand-checking fool? hmmmm...

------------------
    And with the number one pick in the draft, the Rockets select ...

Khalid Al Amin?

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Hungarian Rocket, rather than judge him by his season averages, go look at his performances game-by-game. He's a pretty impressive player that is only going to get better.

------------------
    The lottery sucks!