1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors Name Gerardhini, Benetton Treviso head as Asst GM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Jun 22, 2006.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

i was thinking the same thing here...Is Andrea gonna be the 1st pick now?

Gerardhini was the GM for Benneton Treviso the same team that Andrea played for. I can totally see Colangelo going international with this draft and I have a good feeling that Bargnani will be #1

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

certainly seems like it

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yeah, it was reported a couple weeks back that Colangelo wanted to focus on international guys to avoid Americans that bolted Canada at first opportunity. I think the Rasho trade was a part of this, and Bragnani fits in as well, if he's going to be a 3.

A few papers are also saying that Charlie V and Alvin Williams are being shopped fairly actively. Toronto Sun has hinted that there's little reason to expect Mike James to be around next year.

Evan

5. opticon

opticon Member

If toronto drafts Bragnani that makes our number 8 all the more valuable becuase it pushes one of the top 7 prospects down. :)

6. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

An NBA team comprised with all Europeans would be intriguing. I actually like the reasoning and direction that they are going with.

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bargnani was expected to be selected before we picked anyway.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The only way they'll get rid of Alvin Williams is to deal Charlie V, and I think that would just be a boneheaded move. I was skeptical when the Raps made Charlie V the 7th pick last season but him and Paul really showed they have the brightest futures of the class.

IF I were Colangelo, I'd pick him Morrison and move Bosh to C and Charlie V to PF. Find a PG.

9. Diaw

Diaw Member

10. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

benneton is where Boki played?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree. Colangelo really is a genius, he finds a way to work with what he has.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

13. Diaw

Diaw Member

i'm french, i'm not good in spanish, so i cant translate it for you in english sorry :D but even without the translation, you should be able to get the important things out of this article :)

sorry :(

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's a 6-9 to 6-10 center from Madrid that has negotiated/is negotiating a deal to join the Raptors. He wants to compete in the world's greatest league. I think he averaged 14 PPG last year, but it's tough to decipher those stats.

Evan