1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors going to be in play for KD ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DMO (DJ remix), Mar 4, 2016.

1. DMO (DJ remix)

Could they ? I mean, not theoretically, but practically, sign KD, sign and trade Carroll for Horford (include someone like Ross if needed, as salary filler) and then resign DeRozan. That starting lineup would be nasty as hell+ very strong bench to go along, he wouldn't need to thru GSW and Spurs to get to the finals
    and he could build possible championship team for years to come as most of them are still young and improving.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No.... After last night, it's GSWs all the way.

Obviously the Toronto lineup would be nice, but Houston probably has a better shot than Toronto, and I don't think Houston has much of a chance....

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So

Lowry
    DeRozan
    KD
    Horford
    Valancunias

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They have as good a shot as any.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In theory...a great option for him. I'd be surprised if he really considered them, though he should.

6. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

If I were ranking teams in order of getting him, it would be:

1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Houston
    4. Washington
    5. Dallas
    6. Miami

Dallas only because they're in Texas and Miami simply because Pat Riley tends to be a good salesman and athletes love the city. But I consider (5) and (6) to be tremendous long-shots. I'd be very surprised if he didn't end up with one of the first four teams.

I don't think anyone else has a shot. I do think Houston will have a shot because I think they can sell him on the idea that a "big three" of him, Harden and Howard will be a serious title contender, plus he supposedly is close with Harden. I don't think Houston has the best chance, obviously, but I think they'll be a real consideration.

7. sew

sew Member

Raptors were his favorite team growing up.

Long shot but I'd be stoked :)

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I still like Blazers to get him. That team can provide the best pitch too:

"Do you know how it feels to DESTROY the Warriors? It feels mighty fine. We can do it even WITHOUT you. Do Curry/Klay give you nightmares? Don't worry Lillard/McCollum have got your back.

We can out-warrior the Warriors for days.

We have the youth, the talent, AND the system to run at a championship for years.

Plus, our owner is frickin' rich. He'll pay whatever it takes to win.

You want to curb stomp Stephanie Curry? We can take care of that for you."

9. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Durant joining the Dubs would be coat tailing at its finest, even though indeed he has a beta tendency, i don't think he is desperate enough to pull such a coward move. There are PLENTY teams with good young talents in its roster that he can turn into instant contender, The Blazers, The Jazz, The Pelicans, The Raptors, The Celtics, The Magic, The Bucks, etc.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Canada? Why Canada?

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Toronto is his best option outside of the Warriors... if championships are his first priority. They'll have to beef up their bigs a bit, but if they can keep their current squad, and add Durant, I don't see how they aren't the favorites out of the East, if healthy, for the next 2-3 years.

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Why not win your ring and then go home (to Washington)? Lebron has paved the way.

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Going to Toronto would just allow them to become the Thunder in the East (which isn't a bad thing at all). The teams would not be too different and his path to the Finals would basically just be a match up with an aging Lebron every year.

If he is looking to go to the East for an easier path to a championship, Toronta is a lot better fit that Washington IMO.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

The bold is easily the biggest selling point to Durant. If TOR can also add someone like a Griffin / Gasol / Horford, that team will win the East for years to come.

15. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Going to Toronto is probably his best chance of getting a championship outside of joining Golden State without people calling it coat tailing. Avoid Clippers, Spurs, GS, etc. until the finals. Lebron is slowing down so Cavs years are limited.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry would set him up better than Westbrook does

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

That's actually a very good option I hadn't even considered. Can u imagine a line-up of:

Lowry
    Derozan
    Durant
    Scola
    Valanciunas

That's crazy good!

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Every team has a shot at KD, except for the one that treats its players like assets.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Durant will come to Houston and admire Beard's eurostep from the bench as a 6th man.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'd put Heat as #1 destination if he were to leave OKC. Riles...is TheGodfather.