1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors fans sucker punch GSW fans and cuss out Sonya Curry (classy Canadians?)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 11, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Christ. And I thought the GARM gets a bit out of control..

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Fake news
    Link not working

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

It is fake news, the Russians are attempting to create divisions between Americans and Canadians.

This happens in every major city..it would be a non-story if it happened anywhere else..I am sorry for the idiots in my city:)

BHannes2BHonest and Elephant810 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This may come as a surprise, but that's not all of the Raptors fans. The best fan base in the world - whoever you think it is - will contain some morons. The only lesson these stories teach is: not 100% of Raptors fans share the Raptors fanbase reputation.

Meanwhile, if you're into one-off incidents applying to the whole group:

There's this inkling in the media to trash Canadians. It's so strange. It reeks of jealousy about Canadians' glowing reputation. The truth is most Americans appreciate Canadians and vice versa, there's no need for this silliness. That's objectively one of the best fan bases around, if not the best.

The best fan base won't be 100% devoid of pieces of ****.

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yea let's not have unrealistic expectations. There are millions of people in the city, even if 99% are classy there would be still thousands of assholes.

They extended Jurassic park to multiple blocks and have big screens setup everywhere. The insane amount of people watching the game on the streets is scary.

A win would've been OK but a 1pt loss in such a big game fills everyone with strong negative emotions. If there is one yellow blue jersey showing up in all this, that frustration would be hard to contain.

7. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I can't even imagine the chaos that would result after a game 7 loss. It would probably make the Vancouver riots look like New Years Eve in Times Square.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Next game don't even wear a Raptor's jersey and show up at the oracle arena. Somebody is going to get hurt

9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Looks like original tweet was deleted

And here I thought Canadians were generally nice people. I blame Drake

10. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

Thank you for this. Seriously would give this comment every thumbs up I could.

Mathloom likes this.
  11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Every team in sports has some crappy fans. I don’t see why everyone always attacks said fan base when something like this comes out. It literally happens everywhere.

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Maybe it was taken out of context. That Warriors fan seemed to be acting like an idiot so maybe he provoked it. Worked in Toronto for 6 months, one of my favorite cities.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Canadians are generally as nice as the average Metropolitan American. People are people but this guy should be charged with assault..... People should respect other team sports fans.