1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rankings of games left.....Let the shakeup begin in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 16, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Minnesota has 5 games left against opponents with less than 25 wins, which is a cake walk compared to some of the other schedules. I wouldn't doubt if they end up in the 4th spot, with New Orleans in 5th. It's kind of like a preview to the playoffs this month. All the playoff teams are playing each other and sealing their own fate. The games will be fun to watch!

#41 deb4rockets, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    da_juice likes this.
  2. jayfree

jayfree Member

We have 8 games at home left compared to only 3 on the road. DAMN! Can this be set up any more than it is.

30 road wins has got to be a record for us.... two more wins until we break our own season wins record, and 3 more until we hit 60.

I'm sitting here thinking, if we didn't lose that Toronto game we'd be on a 24 game win streak right now and going for the all-time record. I'm actually glad we lost so their mindset is preparing for the playoffs and not going all out when unnecessary.

3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

@Sajan I think this was more along the lines of what you were asking for.

NBA Conference Standings.png

Though it's not quite daily and the graph stops on 3/20.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People look at that period when we broke the steak record fondly, but it wore them down for playoffs and they played like hot injured garbage.

I guess they needed that streak for seeding and realistically was something great for the fans considering...

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

YUP! that's what i was looking for.
    like look at OKC or Jazz going in and out of top 8. the worst is the nuggets...in top 8 for a good period of time and drops off.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We could be. Utah has the potential to move up, but will seal their own fate.

I think they got that chart wrong with Minnesota though. They have a better record than anyone they have left to play, so they could win all their remaining games. They probably won't, but it is possible. Meanwhile, San Antonio, New Orleans and OKC could all easily lose 2 or 3 more games when they face better opponents. That will pave the way for Minnesota to slide right up into a bottleneck of teams fighting for their spots. I hope OKC ends up in the 7th spot to play the Warriors first round. It is entirely possible. The funny thing is, any of those teams could end up in the 3 or 4 spot, depending how they do facing each other.

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We did not need that kind of shakeup if we did better last Postseason.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Boy was I wrong about Minnesota. They had nobody but teams with worse records left to play and have already lost 2 of those. They are giving this opportunity away to move on up.

12. jayfree

jayfree Member

Wow, I can't believe we were in 4th place at one point ;)

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Clippers finally growing a pair and taking charge:

Rockets
    Warriors
    Blazers
    Thunder
    Jazz
    Clippers
    Pels
    Spurs

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Looking at the remaining games, the teams would end up like this if they beat everyone they played who had a worse record than them. I am showing losses in red. The only exception to this was where I gave OKC the win over GSW, due to the injuries on their team. As for New Orleans and Utah, I showed them losing to GSW, because of when they play them, but who knows. Top 3 will obviously stay as they are.

HOU
    GSW
    POR
    MINN
    (49-33) DAL, UTAH, DEN, LA, MEM, DEN
    OKC (49-33) DEN, NO, GSW, HOU, MIA, MEM
    SAN (48-34) HOU, LAC, LA, POR, SAC, NO
    NO (46-36) CLE, OKC, MEM, PHO, GSW, LAC, SAN
    UTAH (44-38) MEM, MINN, LAC, LA, GSW, POR
    _____
    LAC (43-39) POR, IND, SAN, UTAH, DEN, NO, LA
    DEN (42-40) OKC, MIL, IND, MIN, LAC, POR, MIN

The toughest team Minnesota plays is Utah, but Denver will give them a fight when they play them twice, trying to grasp threads to get to that 8th seed. Minnesota would win a tie-breaker having beat OKC 3 times. Somehow I think Minnesota will screw this up and slip down. I see San Antonio losing to Houston and Portland, and OKC losing only to us unfortunately. What will either tie them up or put OKC ahead is the GSW game, which I think they will win with the injuries going on for GSW.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hope tonight's game against the Warriors is a preview to round 1 of the playoffs. OKC has lost 5 of the last 7 games now! Treading water, and it's sink or swim as that 7th seed lingers closer with every game. Gotta love it!

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Yes but it can also be 8th seed also lol not sure if that’s who’d we want

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Could be, but probably unlikely, because of the teams below them and their schedules.

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

6th - 8th seed all have 34 losses

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not saying it can't happen, and it certainly can. OKC could slip to 8th if they lose all 3 games they have left. I doubt they lose to Miami and Memphis though. The Pelicans still face GSW and San Antonio, so unless they pull some upsets they won't catch OKC. Denver still faces Minnesota twice and Portland. Who knows about those games. What I do know is Portland choked to Dallas last night. I guess they played like we played Phoenix, but lost because Dallas is slightly better than Phoenix......LOL.

20. hakeemthagreat

I don't know if Curry's playing in the 1st round. As a Rocket fan, I would LOVE a Curry-less GS team playing OKC in the 1st round. Yes OKC is up & down, but they are talented enough to beat GS without Curry

hakeem94 likes this.