1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ranking Teams By Tiers (ESPN)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jman7373, Aug 27, 2014.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Well, when you say it like that then sure. But let's say it like this.

They're bringing in a veteran coach who used his previous two big men well. Kevin Garnet is likely now a 5th option when he's out there, but Brook Lopez when he is on the court is arguably the most talented offensive big man in the game. Losing Livingston is sucks. He was a great secondary ball handler, but at the same time the Nets traded for Jarrett Jack who had a fantastic season backing up Stephen Curry as that secondary ball handler. He failed to do well in Cleveland mainly because it was a bad fit. He could still be used a good spark off the bench so losing Livingston may not hurt them as much as people may think. They lost Pierce which does hurt. Their starting forwards will be AK47 and KG which is probably their biggest flaw.

The bench will be 'okay' with Mason Plumlee, Jarrett Jack, and Mirza. Last season they won 44 games after getting off to a terrible start and generally being a team with no identity. In the first half they would play through Brook and in the second they would stop playing through him which would cost losses. I expect them to finish about the same. 42-49 wins probably which is good enough to make the play offs in the east.

I sense that the Nets are suffering the same thing the Rockets are suffering from casual fans. See the names that are leaving, but fail to realize the other stuff that has happened. Brook is more important than Pierce, and Hollins is more proven than Kidd. Jack is as talented as Livingston, and truly the only flaw in the Nets team is Deron steadily declining in play and the forwards.

I see them getting at least the 8th seed, and highest being the 5th seed(due to divisions) Also I don't think Brook is as injury prone as people believe.

Just my opinion though. You're also entitled to your own :)

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Literally stopped reading after this.

GTFO with this crap. :mad:

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Clippers and Bulls are 2nd tier

OKC is 1st tier

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I forgot about Jarrett Jack, if he can bring some of his GSW mojo back, he'd be better than Livingston even. I'm also pretty high on Teletovic. We never really got to see him play with Lopez and he has a high probability of success next to that frontline.

It will be interesting, to say the least.

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I can't believe that after all this time the media still haven't gotten it through their thick head not to doubt the Spurs. Clippers +4 wins over Spurs and a better title shot, good grief.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

TROLLLLLOLL

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

[​IMG]

On topic, what happen to use being a "8th seed" team EPSN? However, I agree with this list, but I still think Cavs is ranked way to high. I believe everyone thought the same when the Miami big three came together. But they happen to lose to Dallas.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Basically all east teams (except the cavs) are to high. And thunder are to low. The rest is ok.

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I believe that Forecast was just people giving their opinions based on offseason moves and the 'eye-test'. Their thought process was "man the rockets had a crap offseason. They'll make the playoffs but just barely."

This insider article is using actual data to back up what it's saying.
    There's no way a team with two top ten players is going to be an 8th seed. They'll carry us to within home court nabbing distance. I'll take that matchup with Golden State.

10. Progs

Progs Member

These rankings are useless. The Spurs will find a way to be the #1 seed again.

11. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

No such thing as a lucky MVP. The question with Rose is his health. If he is healthy, he is a good as it gets.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

MVP isnt usually about best player, its about the best player on the team with the best record (unless the best team is a collaborative effort, and then its the 2nd best team)

Was the best player in the nba that year? nah, Dwight and Lebron were both better, was he the clear best player on the team with the best record? yeah he was, hence mvp.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Wish we would've gotten the Warriors last year, did not like facing the Blazers last year and could not believe wanted to face them. Let's hope for them this year! Howard is going to have a field day in a series with the Warriors and we can get into their guards, guaranteed best series as far as aesthetic appeal as well.

14. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Lol if OKC is healthy they are as good as anybody i dont see how the CLippers/Bulls past them.

And the Bulls are getting so overrated, and It is still to be determined if Rose can even play at a high level.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres plenty of different definitions of how players have received MVPs but lucky isn't one of them

16. spysta

spysta Member

Whats the logic behind the Clippers being the team in the West? It makes no sense what have they done to prove it? I also saw that CP3 and Reddick were ranked as a top 3 backcourt. What is going on here did we not just watch CP3 choke away the series against the Thunder 3 months ago??? The Clippers psst!! Teach Chris Paul why he should never try to flop on a shot from past halfcourt when all he has to do is take an intentional foul to seal the game.

17. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

I do like the Wizards in the East this year. They're going to be even better, with Beal turning into a bonafide star player most likely.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Meh. He was lucky that the voters didn't vote for the most deserving player. Sadly the year Rose won MVP wasn't the first time a more deserving player was snubbed and it won't be the last.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

he was the most deserving that year period. carried the team with noah and boozer both missing a huge chunk of time. and his starting sg bogans avg 4 pts a game. its amazing the lack of respect he gets from people around here.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Thinking he was either the 2nd or 3rd best player that year isn't what I would call disrespect.