1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ranking Baseball's Best Rotations

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mr. Clutch, Jan 17, 2004.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This is MLB 2004 style. I worry about the year ahead, personally. The rotation is good. Very good. Is the relief up to the task? Very possibly.

Best Astro year to look forward to from January -- ever. Let's see what June and August bring.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the Astros are overranked. Yankees, As, and the Cubs look to have equal or better rotations, with A LOT LESS injury risk. The Astros just might have the best rotation should they stay healthy and Redding throw more innings at last year's quality(sub 4 ERA). But that's a big IF.

From what I've heard, Duckworth does very well in the early innings(great stuff), and falter later. It seems that hitters can easily adjust to him the second and third times up. If so, he'd make a superb bullpen candidate, so he only gets to face the batters once.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man it is GREAT to be even in this discussion.

GO STROS !!

DD

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

I would too but then again I'm a Oakland fan and that's all we got. The only way to settle it would be to meet in the World Series :) The 'Stros have a great staff and to have 3-4 options for your fifth starter (not to mention depth in case of injuries) is outstanding!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now if we just had Dierker back as manager, our rotation would be even better.

;)

DD

6. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

He was pitching fantastic for us before he was sidelined! Maybe Gerry did say he'd be in NO, but, if he's back to his old self, I see him seriously making a push for the fifith starter. (although Duck and Redding will be tough to beat out)

Sheeesh! What options!!!!