1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Randy Moss Wants to End Retirement

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7570336/randy-moss-says-wants-return-football-2012

Monday is Randy Moss' birthday, and he had an announcement to commemorate the occasion: He wants to end his brief retirement and return to professional football in 2012.

"I wanna play football," Moss said on UStream on Monday morning. "Your boy is going to come back here and play some football, so I'm really excited. I had some things I had to adjust in my life."

Moss abruptly retired on Aug. 1 with a one-sentence statement from his agent, Joel Segal. But the ink had scarcely dried on the stories listing his career accomplishments -- 954 receptions for 14,858 yards and 153 touchdowns over 13 seasons -- when reports began to surface that Moss would be willing to return if the right situation presented itself. Tom Brady, with whom he connected for a single-season record 23 touchdowns for the Patriots in 2007, even said he'd welcome Moss back to New England.

That didn't happen. But Moss, who turned 35 on Monday, says he's ready to get back on the field and that he has his family's blessing: "It's fine, whatever you wanna do," he said of their reaction to his plans.

"Faith, family, and football, that's my M.O., bro," he added.

Moss' retirement followed a turbulent 2010, in which he was traded by the Patriots back to Minnesota, released by the Vikings and picked up by the Tennessee Titans. He recorded career lows of 28 catches for 393 yards and five TDs that season.

Moss' 153 touchdown receptions are tied with Terrell Owens for second on the career list. He's fifth all-time in yards and ninth in receptions.

Selected 21st overall by the Minnesota Vikings from Marshall in 1998, Moss set about punishing the 20 teams that passed him over in the draft, catching 17 touchdown passes his rookie season on his way to the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

He led the NFL in touchdown receptions five times, was selected to the Pro Bowl six times and was named first team All-Pro four times. His 23 TDs in 2007 led the entire NFL and his 138 points scored that season were second only to kicker Mason Crosby.

2. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

Straight cash homie.

3. plates300

plates300 Member

do it Texans. If he is serious about coming back, make his contract incentive based. That's the only way to go about it. He is better than any other receiver not named AJ on our team.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Surprised it took him this long. I thought he would have returned during the middle of this past season.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

i'm sure he would have if anyone had called him.

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Is he broke

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If he has anything left, he will be back in NE.