1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random thoughts about Malone and the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobby, Jan 12, 2000.

1. Bobby

Bobby Member

I think I understand where Jenna's coming from; it's personal friendship. And I can agree with that. I knew Bob Griese in college, even introduced him to his late first wife. Great guy - but I was never into rooting for the Dolphins. I had grown up a Browns fan (no one will ever convince me that Jim Brown isn't the greatest running back of all time), but I did find myself cheering for Bob and his team, as long as they weren't playing the Browns. Big difference - Bob wasn't a thug, and that's the best I can say about Karl Malone. I think he and Stockton may just be frustrated realizing they're never going to get that ring. I understand loyalty to your friends, although I just wish Jenna had a better class of friends.

As for the team - when are they going to stop playing like they're on the playgrounds of Philadelphia and start to play the game like the professionals they're supposed to be? Francis and Mobley have got to stop thinking every move has to be a highlight reel! Kenny Thomas - would someone tell him that 75% of shots, especially free throws, involve the legs; never saw a guy short-arm so many shots! IMO, and its only my opinion - the attitude of this club is atrocious. Guys are concerned about the All-Star game and salary, instead of leaving their efforts out on the floor. 30 Turnovers! I've seen junior high kids take better care of the ball. Does anyone play with pain anymore? If I didn't know better, I'd think Cato and Massenburg were malingering. I bet CB would try to come back if he thought there was anyway he could. Rogers is playing through more anguish than he deserves; Bullard's got bad knees and a bad elbow, but he's still trying. What's up with some of these guys?

Sorry for the negativity, but I'm getting weary of the same old mistakes, the same old excuses. Would love to have a couple of more guys like Pig who is playing hungry. It'll be just our luck that Mack and Maloney'll both burn us this week. That would be a sorry ass state of affairs!.

2. popeye

popeye Member

Thanks for the thoughts, makes sense to me. Ciao Roberto del Bruno Fantastico.