1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Nanu and Troy for Noel. Sign RJ.

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trade for Luke Babbitt

saleem likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Might not be such as a bad idea. He can't defend, but he can shoot well. I guess, he might be obtainable. Oops, I didn't realize he is carrying a back injury. I would not go after him.

#183 saleem, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Memphis' season is basically over. They only have T. Evans for one year, so he probably won't go back. They need to start to rebuild basically anyway. So.........

Tyreke Evans for Troy Williams and C. Onauku works.

Gives us another rotation player at the PG/SG/SF positions since Evans is big enough and can play all 3. Plus opens up another roster spot for another buyout candidate. Plus clears off more money for next years books.

#GetErrDoneMorey

5. FANfrom86toNow

Phoenix is dead in the water this year, not going anywhere. They need to buy out Tyson Chandler like asap. No need to wait until the deadline. Once they do, he decides to come play for us on the minimum of course. Once that happens, Black is expendable, So......

Troy Daniels for Tarik Black

Takes off 3.4 mil from Phoenix's books next year and we take that on, but can move it if need be for a big offseason trade, etc.

Now with the Memphis trade, we go into the playoffs even stronger with 10 plus man rotation if needed of:

PG: CP3 (1)/Harden/Daniels(12)/Evans/Mamba
    SG: Harden(2)/Gordon(6)/Evans(11)/Daniels
    SF: Ariza(3)/Moute(8)/Evans
    PF: Anderson(4)/Tucker(7)/Ariza/Moute/Joe Chee
    C: Capela(5)/T.Chandler(9)/Nene(10)/Tucker/Chee

Actually 12 solid rotation players that you can trust with some minutes in the playoffs!

The only trades that would possibly make us better this year going into the playoffs is for either PG13 or Cousins, if we don't have to give up too much. But with the above, we basically only gave up Black, Troy Williams and Onauku, and no draft picks or anything to upgrade out depth and insurance protection, even if MDA doesn't expand the rotation.

6. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

That Memphis trade is never happening. Other teams would offer more for him. That being said I still do want a guy like Troy Daniels. I think chandler would be more of a luxury than anything else. We need a quality fourth guard

7. FANfrom86toNow

Teams would offer more for Evans? Really, which teams? The same ones that he couldn't find to offer a contract for more than 3 plus mil? Which contenders need an additional guard that's going to offer Memphis more? I don't really see anyone offering a lot for him on a 1 year 3.4 mil deal when he can go anywhere he wants in the offseason.

And Chandler would be just a luxury, he would shine off the bench in this offense way better than Black. He would also help save Nene for the postseason. I agree that we need a 4th guard, that's why I want Evans and Daniels. Evans would be better than Daniels in this offense though because of his size and ball handling abilities being better.

8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

anyone else think we should try and make a move for Zbo?? Another hard nosed player that wont take it from anyone

9. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

The Wizards would offer more. They need another bench scorer badly. I like Tyreke too though.

#189 RocketsTerps, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  10. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

No way. Plays below the rim, clogs the lane, slow, plays zero defense.

11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Doubt we take on salary beyond this summer of Lebron etc.

mikol13 likes this.
  12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Jazz lost Gobert and Favors to injuries, and their next three weeks look very tough:

at CLE
    at HOU
    at OKC
    SAS
    OKC
    at DEN
    at GSW
    CLE
    NOP
    at DEN
    at MIA

If they lose a bunch in a row, I imagine they'll make Thabo available. He has another year left on his deal, but it's not guaranteed.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Paul
    Harden
    George
    Anthony
    Capela

vs.

Westbrook
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Adams

I don't know if either team would consider it, but it would be hilarious if it happened.

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  14. saleem

Chis Paul plays below the rim too. Z-BO can rattle almost anyone in the paint on offense, he can still rebound, his passing in the paint is good. He will be useful in a half court playoff battle, despite being a below average defender.

15. saleem

What is his contract like? And what do you think will be the cost to get him in Houston?

16. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

The reason Memphis moved Z-Bo to the bench and ultimately let him walk in free agency is because he’s TOO SLOW for the modern NBA on offense and defense. You expect a much faster paced system to be a fit?! NOT. Z-Bo is a mentor now like Vince Carter. Chris Paul is a point Gawd - he doesn’t have to play above the rim. Smh. Chris Paul also is first team all-defense. Z-NO

17. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

Honestly if the cards had fallen more our way in the offseason we could have ended up with that starting lineup. Maybe we even have igouldala too.

18. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

Yeah I would love Evans, but this year he has been an incredibly valuable sixth man. Maybe we can steal him, but I feel like a team such as Washington, Toronto or OKC would be more incentivized to bring in a bench guard, and with more competition in the market comes higher prices.

Chandler would be great here. Remember last year when a lot of people wanted bogut? Chandler is the idealized Version of him. He'd be great for defending Adams and gasol/LMA come playoff time off the bench.

We need to go after Daniels regardless but still scour the league for another better PG. in morey I trust

RocketsTerps and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  19. saleem

He is playing at a high level with the Kings. Capela will be pushed around hard in the playoffs. He is more likely to end up with 10-12 points or even less, plus 7-8 boards and that may not be enough if there is excessive pressure on Harden and Paul. Nene is getting long in the tooth, and Tarik hasn't shown much.

A younger Nene or a younger Tyson Chandler would have perfect with Capela. Z-Bo can still play as a sixth man. Paul can adjust with him.
    It's not an ideal situation I admit but it may be useful. Anyway, the likelihood of that is minimal, Z-Bo is unlikely to be bought out.

20. FANfrom86toNow

Okay, what could they offer that would get Evans over our package but overall make them a better team and not weaken their depth? Because the trade I proposed for us uses non rotation players while getting us a rotation player, but still giving some good value to Memphis. We could even add in a second or overseas prospect if we really wanted him for a Championship run as well. I also suspect that Memphis will give Evans some say, not ultimate, since he did sign with them for cheap. Given the option, I think he would choose us over the Wizards for a shot at a potential title run. The Wiz are Fiz.