1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think it's the average % of opponent faced. So he keeps his opponent at a 3.7% lower efficiency than his norm. Or at least that's my recognition

Jatman20 likes this.
  2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Ben Mclemore. He fits dantonis style of offense.

He can shoot from 3 at a decent clip, very athletic, can drive to the basket and finish strong.

He plays on a very dysfunctional team so he hasn't really played to his potential, but he's still only 23 years old.

This is a very low risk, high reward type of player. It wouldn't take much to trade for him.

McDaniels or a 2nd round pick should be enough.

3. Chamillionaire

I doubt KJ plus 2nd would get it done but it is the Kings so I guess it might be enough. BM seems a bit inconsistent so far.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

McLemore is not in the rotation anymore, i'd say they would do it.

mario_v and Chamillionaire like this.
  5. Chamillionaire

Haven't watched a King's game carefully since Adelman Webber Bibby Divac days. They can't draft for chit.

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Haha you're good man, just addressed your query :) and I agree they are sad. I honestly think Ben would be an awesome pickup for this team. He or Shabazz (or both) would be fantastic.

mario_v and Chamillionaire like this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

I like moving Anderson (long contract) would like to keep Dekker or Herrell (production on a rookie pay)

But....
    Things are looking really good now --> let's move end of the rotation / bench players.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because he plays no D, and shooting has been inconsistent.

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doubt this is enough to get McClemore but would include 1st, Brewer and rights to Gentile (who Sac really liked) if they include Trill too.

Beard - Splash
    Bev - McClemore
    Ariza - Dekker
    Ryno - Harrell
    Capela - Nene - Cauley Stein

Chamillionaire, mario_v and Jatman20 like this.
  10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

And.... Brewer plays d? He would thrive here 100% if given confidence

mario_v likes this.
  11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

HahahahHa

mario_v, BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

With Rudy Gay tore up from the floor up, he could very well opt in on that last year. No team will take on such a useless contract. Not even if Isaiah Thomas or Billy King (Nets) were still an NBA GM. (Well, maybe King.)

Jatman20 likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good point. I just viewed him as a expiring but who knows.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like McClemore too, he's just playing in wrong system and with the wrong players in Sac. Needs to play in pace and space system because he needs to run and get fed open threes or alleys. He sucks when he puts ball on floor, especially if forced to go left, he just can't create on his own. He is a quiet kid who needs a system to build his confidence but he also needs to find that inner fire too. Especially on D, just too athletic to fall asleep so often especially off ball. He could do to have a little of Brew's motor and swag.

mario_v likes this.
  15. StrawberryJamm

Heard Atlanta's looking to move Tim Hardaway Jr for acouple 2nds on Dunc'd on podcast. He'll be a restricted free agent this summer.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am just so disappointed that we did not snag Seth Curry when we had a chance. He was clearly a guy that would look fantastic next to James Harden, and is literally better than Tyler Ennis at every facet of the game. Not only that, but he was as cheap as cheap gets.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He could give us a little bit of the nasty we need. Dude can shoot. That said, his character is questionable.

18. rocketsrule1995

I know this is for trades but I ran into Mario Chalmers at the gym today and talked for a little.He said he was staying in shape and has a couple things going on.I would rather have him than Tyler ennis.

19. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

Afflalo plays for Sacramento Kings not NYK.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why is he working out in Houston?

The fact that we're not signing anyone although there are two players we can waive easily tells me Morey is working on trades that might require Ennis' small expiring contract.