1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. fattz

fattz Member

After the Melo trade brakes down

Toronto needs shooters we need an inside game to get feed by our both of our all world guards.

Anderson and 1st lottery protected
    For
    Big Val and Siakam

Val fits here in every aspect of his game. Maybe sees an all star game or two on a 15 per / 3 yrs contract. Teamed with Nene we are set for a long while.

Siakam is youngster that just gets better all the time -- think of Capela if he was a "true power forward" & locked in for 4 more years.

Move Capela don't pay him. Get a pick for him or a player on a very friendly contract.

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Could we sign Aaron brooks to come off the bench deep in the rotation? A good shooter and vet and hometown favorite as the 10th or 11th man could be nice.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think he could be signed, but I feel we need a better backup for CP3 than him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd love for us to check out Mario Chalmers, he's fully recovered from his injury and has been working out with teams since the draft.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather look for a young Pat Bev in the Euro leagues or China.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't think he's such a good fit for Houston, but I don't think they would do it anyway. Lets ignore for a minute that they just gave up a couple picks to get under luxury tax and your trade puts them into tax again, why would they do it from player / talent / assets perspective.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

DISCLAIMER: generally speaking, I'm against including EG or Capela in any Melo based trade. That said, he's one I would probably do:

Houston trades: Anderson/Gordon
    Gets: Melo/Bradley/O'Quinn

Detroit trades: Jackson/Harris/Bradley
    Gets: Anderson/Gordon

NY trades: Melo/O'Quinn
    Gets: Harris/Jackson

Houston does it for obvious reasons: A) Banana Boat, B) Dump Anderson. Losing Gordon hurts, but Bradley is a perfectly suitable stopgap replacement and O'Quinn is criminally underrated. O'Quinn, along with Clint, gives us 48 minutes of near elite level rebounding at the five.

Detroit does it to move a headcase (Jackson) and get more three point shooting. SVG wants shooters. This trade nets them two of the best at their respective positions.

NY does it to finally dump Melo, get a suitable asset to replace him with (Harris) and a fresh start for a talented player like Jackson. NY is rumored to want a veteran to help that kid with the last name I can't spell get his feet wet.

8. fattz

fattz Member

Thanks for your interest... slow rainy day here so

NYK
    In Capela, Gordon, Ariza, and Hamilton plus all the NG contracts / Houston 2nd
    Out Melo
    Nice return on Melo

Raptors
    In Anderson / Houston 2nd
    Out Val and Hamilton
    Even trade money wise plus gets them the spacing they lack and unclogs the center

Rockets
    In Melo & Val
    Out Anderson, Gordon, Ariza, Capela and NG contracts / 2 2nd rounders
    Give up all depth but return 3rd star and the "big ace"

One can dream

#3448 fattz, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  9. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Very bad trade

If we do acquire melo only out i would be ok with is Ryno....if we have to send EG out too i would be disappointed but capela is a no way for me.

If EG has to go i think we get lee back to backup the guard spots

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Lee's contract is to high for his return on our super team we need rookies or very friendly contracts (overseas stashes & ring chasers) to fill out our team. Think Scola or Bev on their first tours with us.
    Val is so miss used by the Raptors. He will see an all star game or two here. He is verything we could ever want --> teamed with Nene we are set for the next few seasons. Big Val can keep teams from going small because of his efficiency in the paint on both ends. He is the "Big Ace" type coach wants. PLUS there is no way we are going to keep Capela after this season because he will get paid. With 3 all stars (max contracts) we can't afford him after he comes of his rookie deal. Restricted or not. Val is a better rebounder and finisher now and locked in a 15per got 3 years. WE have to GIVE to GET. We NEED our picks to fill out our roster not players that will walk at season's end. Capela value is now or never. Best thing Capela can do is help bring in our 3rd all star. I wish Capela only the best.

#3450 fattz, Jul 10, 2017
    Beardaholic13 likes this.
  11. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

i absolutely agree that capela is probably our highest value trade asset aside from the stars.
    but to use him in a situation where melo is basically forcing himself out wouldnt be smart on our side. he should net us something bigge if we do decide to trade him.
    Not that Melo isnt a huge get but he is waiving his no trade for only two team so the knicks dont have any leverage

12. fattz

fattz Member

He still needs to go he is going to get paid big or more than he can return on OUR TEAM. Would like to cash in on him vs just waving goodbye in 10 months for nothing.

We need a severiceable center on the cheap.

#3452 fattz, Jul 10, 2017
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Capela
    For
    WCS

Helps the Kings a lot today and can pay to keep him and grow him as player he is to be.

Us we will be okay and later well there is one.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Go to bed

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Michael Beasley

jb86 likes this.
  16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it's not even money wise, it adds 1 mil to Raptors which they can't afford (they are something like 400k under tax right now, as far as i remember from recent trade reports).

Just right now while googling i saw a report that they are supposedly looking to cut and stretch Hamilton to save 2 mil a year. Maybe they need more space for rookies or something.
    So in reality Rockets would have to find a way to save them money.

Anyway, in principle I like the idea of them getting Andersen, I think an Andersen-Ibaka frontcourt might be interesting.

But I think valanciunas is a better asset, he's younger, much healthier, on a better contract, so i don't believe that they'd do it unless they get some nice youngster or nice pick too somehow (and save money).

17. fattz

fattz Member

Do you think it is time to move Capela knowing we can't play him in free agency after season's end?

DonatasFanboy likes this.
  18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Crazy 4-team trade between Knicks, Blazers, Suns and Rockets.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yafakla9

Blazer trade away Aminu, Davis, Leonard and a protected top-25 pick to get a lot of shooting with Anderson and Dudley, and Shawn Long. Had to give a give away a pick to get out of Leonard's deal.

The Suns give up Bledsoe, Chandler and Dudley to get Noah, Lee, Aminu, Davis and the Blazers' top-25 protected pick and the Knicks' top-8 protected pick. Figured that the Suns might take Noah if a good 1st round pick is included but Noah + 1st for Chandler doesn't have to happen. Since they lose Bledsoe, Lee is a good back up combo guard.

Knicks give up Melo, Lee and possibly Noah and a top-8 protected pick to get Chandler, Bledsoe, Leonard, Quarterman and a 2nd round pick from Houston. Getting out of Noah's contract should be enough of an incentive to give up a top-8 protected pick. They also get Bledsoe, the veteran PG they have been looking for. They also clear up about 11M in cap space, hence why they only got a 2nd from Houston rather than a 1st.

Houston gives up Anderson, Long, Quaterman and a 2nd for Melo and filler.

da_juice and JamalP. like this.
  19. Embrace the clutch

Nice!! Would hate to give Portland all of dat shooting tho

20. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Jonathon Simmons should be on the Rockets radar.