1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Chamillionaire

Corey Joseph can play.

2. ilias

ilias Member

In anticipation of Hayward's FA decision:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycjnnz7p

Ariza + Gordon + 2020 1st round for Hayward (S&T) + Neto

We then use the NGs to sign someone like Nick Young, Trey Burke, CJ MIles, Foye, Afflalo to replace Gordon in the rotation.

DwangBoy likes this.
  3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Ariza isn't going anywhere. But we could do Anderson And NG contracts and picks for Hayward and Favors

4. Embrace the clutch

Nice trade it scares me however because I feel Anderson going to Portland with that backcourt and those wings and nukic would be scary

5. Embrace the clutch

Horrible trade there is no way the rockets could afford that

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I think once Ryno is moved and we figure out who our new 4 is our most obvious needs are:

- Backup guard(besides EG)-- a 9th man in a rotation. 3 & D type.
    - 3rd string C(to rest Nene some). Someone capable of playing 15-20mpg 50-60 games a year, for any other injuries too.

I don't think we can use our exceptions, but I'd like to sign Willie Reed as that 3rd string C. 3rd string PG someone like Tony Douglas who is familiar with D'Antoni, can hit the 3 and play on ball D.

C- Capela-26 MPG/Nene- 22mpg
    PF- Whoever- 31 MPG/Tucker-17mpg
    SF- Ariza 28mpg/Tucker 8mpg/ Harden 12mpg
    SG Harden 23mpg/ Gordon 25mpg
    Paul-32mpg/Gordon-5mpg/ Doulgas-10mpg

It's a deep team, depending on who our 4 is, our 4th option offensively is technically Paul(Gordon is 3rd). Can play small, can play big, we got good balance. With what we noticed last year, cranking back the minutes is a big thing. Paul at 30-33, Harden at 33-35, and whoever our star 4 is(hopefully Melo) we can keep him up 32mpg too.

Finishing lineup is Nene, 4, Harden, Gordon, Paul and sometimes even Tucker at the 4/5 instead of Nene.

7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Trade works.

8. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

wtf he had one of his best season last year while getting limited mins

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Marcus Smart, please.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

can morey please throw in sergio llull's draft rights in a trade to end future threads on the guy

jb86 likes this.
  11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Can we make a run for Marc Gasol?

Memphis lost Randolph, will lose Carter likely, no Tony Allen still. West got way more competitive, he's wasting his last few years.

Something like Capela, Ryno, 2020 1st for Gasol + JaMychal Green(S&T)? Green would fit here well, too. 9ppg/7rpg in 27-28mpg, shoots 2 3's a game at a high clip. Here, he could be a 11/8 guy in 28mpg with 4-5 3s a game.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

It's a Lowry thing.

13. Embrace the clutch

It works because your trade model has kcp getting paid zero dollars..........C'mon MAN!

jch1911 likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Thanks to Hayward's move East... I think there is a 4-team blockbuster that works for everyone (BOS-HOU-NYK-UTH)

Boston: S&T F Gordon Hayward (UTH) + PG Ricky Rubio (UTH)
    Hayward wanted to play with Rubio & wanted to reunite with his college coach = done & done (plus Celts clear needed cap space to get $$$ to Hayward) Celts have a chance to surpass Cavs in East with a little more depth in front court

Houston: F Carmelo Anthony (NYK) + G Marcus Smart (BOS)
    Houston gets 3rd star & solid backup G

New York: F Derek Favors (UTH) + SG Alec Burks (UTH) + F Joe Johnson (UTH) + F Boris Diaw (UTH) + G Terry Rozier (BOS) + Houston expirings (Kelly; Quarterman; Taylor) + C Chinanu Onuaku (HOU) + 2020 1st (top 10 protected) from HOU + 2020 1st (lottery protected) from BOS
    New York is able to shed almost all the salaries to be players in 2018 free agency; Burks could be a solid SG and is relatively young; BOS 1st will be low (plus they still have other picks), but helps the rebuild as does 2020 pick from Htown

Utah: G Avery Bradley (BOS) + F Jae Crowder (BOS) + F Ryan Anderson (HOU) + G/F Courtney Lee (NYK) + F Lance Thomas (NYK) + C/F Kyle O'Quinn (NYK) + 2018 1st (lottery protected) from BOS
    Jazz gets a chance to form a competitive squad (but be real, the West is GSW // HOU // SAS // MN). Starting five of A. Bradley; Lee; Crowder; Anderson; Gobert is scrappy. Bench of Exum, Hood, Ingles, O'Quinn, & T. Bradley gives them a fighting shot at 5th seed in West (OKC, DEN).

I think it works (it was so complicated that TradeMachine froze!)

#3414 jch1911, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Y2JT, rockets13champs, jb86 and 3 others like this.
  15. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

I don't think Utah can trade Rubio that quickly, since they just acquired him. Can you add Minnesota to the deal and make it a 5 team trade to pass along Rubio? Not sure how that works.

16. srrono

srrono Member

What do you guys about signing either Jonathan Simmons or Dewayne Dedmon for depth? What would they cost salary wise?

jch1911 likes this.
  17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I would love BOTH... not going to happen tho. I think since SA missed out on Chris Paul, they are going to match any offer RFA Simmons gets and can offer more $$$ to Dedmon as well.

18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Boston is looking to offload Crowder/Bradley and Smart.

Now i LOVE Bradley and i think hes a positive on any team hes on. Smart im not sold on and Crowder shot almost 40% from 3.

I doubt this will happen but it fits the trade machine (also i doubt we give up Ariza)!

Houston out - Ariza, R. Kelly, I. Taylor, Quaterman and Long
    Houston in - Crowder and Bradley

Ariza is set to come off the books next year, and if Boston cuts all those other guys it will save them about 7-8M.

Im sure Boston will get a better deal and im not sure how much money they need to shave but ild love it.
    Bradley could take Lous mins (and cut into Crowders when Harden plays at SF in stretches), EG and Nene (mostly) keep their minutes and Tucker gets the Harrel and Dekker minutes (and some of Nenes).

Thats a pretty lethal 9 man line up there.

Again wont happen but one can dream.

Y2JT likes this.
  19. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Bring back bobby brown and williams....Keep Jarrod Uthoff trade rest of ngs to Det. for bojan M.

Cp3 Harden Ariza Anderson Capella
    Gordon Tucker Jarrod Uthoff/Williams Ne Ne Bojan
    Brown maybe D. Williams sign for backup pg role our last year second rounder maybe a vet minimum and qhou zi to feel out 15 min roster.... Hopefully Anderson increase his trade value then see what him and Capella could bet you

20. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Net