1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You don't think he'd run MDmA's offense? He'd have to terminate his option first for this to even be a legit discussion, but I haven't heard that he's uncoachable.

[​IMG]

I also like that story of he and Kobe biking in the canyons night before a game. Guy has work ethic, it sounds like.

2. basketballholic

What is our system?

What does our system call for? Will Blake do this?

What does our system eliminate? Will Blake agree to eliminate this?

What components of our system need to be improved? Does Blake's skill set address those improvements needed?

How much of the above does Blake in his current state help with by playing 4?

Is Blake willing to play a major chunk of his minutes as a 5?

3. shadowsb23

shadowsb23 Member

Blake and Anderson don't really like each other so it would be a chemistry killer

4. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I hope we strike while the iron is hot and trade capela. There wont be another time where his value is this high and he can be the centerpiece you need to get PG. I dont know what we would do without him at C but it is much easier to get a temporary center.Harden made harrell look competent at C for a short period of time.
    Capela+lou+ariza+first round pick can probably work , iam not sure if we would have to take a bad contract away from indiana , we might have to some one like seraphin.

If i had to choose between lou and eg its very easy because one plays defense the other doesent. Its good that lou is an expiring too that will help spike his value.

Ariza should also be on the block if the right trade comes through and so should montrez.

I just dont see how we can unload the anderson contract. I dont think he fits what a championship team needs. his shooting is good but it doesent offset the terrible defense.

basketballholic likes this.
  5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just like when Morey tried to get the chance of scenery high draft picks, I would try it again. A player like Okafor from Philly would interest me. Maybe checking a team that has a overload at a position. They could upgrade the Beverly, Ariz, and possibly Capella spot along with bench.

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Love too see the Rockets go for Kemba Walker. If not I think Rubio would be a solid guard as well to go for, he could possibly thrive here IMO.

Pair that with either Blake or Hayward this team wold be solid for the next upcoming season.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There going to look to form a Trade package around Ryan Anderson. They will probably throw in Lou Williams, because they probably need more of a defensive upgrade in this trade. They will probably throw in Capela if that is for a upgrade at center.

I dont see anyone who would take this unless maybe nuggets would take a bite with Jokic/Faried Package. Houston would probably have to throw in a 2 1st round pick... I would think the nuggets are ready to turn the table and i see some first rounders and steping stones of Anderson and Clint as good way to clean house and start over to rebuild a team.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybz28gau

Houston gets the meat of that nuggets team, better defensively, and still has offensive fire power off the bench with Chandler, and Would love seeing the manimal go crazy with harden on the floor, and jokic straight out balling for the rockets...

#3087 Le$$, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Nuggets aren't dealing Jokic...c'mon man, be realistic

Vivi, BigMaloe and basketballholic like this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Shut up about Blake. Have you watched him play at all this year? He's declined...... alot.

basketballholic likes this.
  10. basketballholic

Here's a short list of realistic Anderson trade possibilities.

1. Atlanta - If Millsap walks away a simple solution for them would be Anderson. Gives Dwight space. And Dwight covers for him defensively.

2. Nets - will have a difficult time attracting top free agents. They want to move on from Lopez and they've got a pick-and-roll defensive minded center. A Lopez/Anderson deal is possible if nothing else materializes and we want to get off Anderson's deal by next year. Lopez is an expiring.

3. Sacramento - his hometown. Would be a nice floor-spreading option for them into their cap space.

4. Mavs - Dirk replacement, but Cuban would probably want us to sacrifice a future first or second.

5. Orlando - organization in upheaval. No telling what they'd do or what they'll do. But chaos should be investigated.

6. Bulls - They need three point shooting in the worst way if they decide to keep Butler and make a run.

7. Detroit - they're another team that needs three-point shooting badly. SVG knows him. He'd gladly give up Reggie Jackson for Anderson. We'd need to find a home for Jackson then.

8. Minnesota - here's where it gets interesting. Because Anderson could be merged with Capela in trade. That puts a while new light on Anderson. A team like Minnesota might even let go of a first rounder for the chance to pair Capela with KAT. And Anderson could be their third big.

When you start looking at Capela/Anderson packages the trade possibilities increase.

mikol13 and Deuce like this.
  11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Nice work
    A trade with Detroit and Minnesota has legs. Both are in winning mode and they need to change something in his game, because they failed last season.

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

We should sign PHO Alan Williams (C) or PHO Alex Len (C), resign Nene, upgrade Ariza and/or Anderson through trade, use remaining draft picks to trade up or stay put to draft more size/shooters and call it a day. Core remains intact, weaknesses improved, and big man depth improves. Boom

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nice post and some interesting ideas. I had to LOL at the line "but chaos should be investigated"

D-rock likes this.
  14. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lmaoooooooooooo

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regarding "sign and trades".....

The current (and soon to be expired) CBA doesn't allow S&T's to give the new team the "extra year" like the old CBA did. Have there been any S&T's of significance since that extra year wasn't allowed?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#12 pick is available for the right price. Wish the Rockets still had Dmo so we could trade him again for that pick. :p

D-rock and HTX Ninja like this.
  17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Great
    it proves that Detroit is in winning mode
    Now Morey has to convince the Pistons to trade the pick for Anderson :)

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Detroit would have a lot of interest in Ryno. They desperately need some more spacing and 3 point shooting next to Drummond. This season they ranked 27th in 3 pointers made and 26th in threes attempted. They were also 28th in 3 point percentage.

Drummond can cover up Ryno's lack of rebounding, and Ryno would provide more spacing for the Reggie Jackson-Drummond PnR as well as just help to prevent the lane from being so clogged in general. Plus, Ryno played for SVG back in Orlando so there's some familiarity there.

mikol13, BigMaloe and Ming The King like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Piston's #12 pick is available.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tobias Harris only started in 48 of his 82 games played this season. He might be expendable for Detroit. He's making 16 mil next season tho. Maybe he could be rerouted to a 3rd team for assets?

Harris and #12 for Ryno. Is that fair for Detroit or nah? Then reroute Tobias.

Maybe u could try to package #12, assets from Tobias, Sam, future picks, and maybe Clint (hopefully not tho) and see if that can get u into the PG sweepstakes. His value can't be so incredibly high right now.

If Clint was traded, then Deandre Jordan could be a primary target in 2018 FA. He's from Houston and was willing to leave LA and go to a TX team before.

You'd be moving forward with a core of Harden, PG, Deandre, and Ego as your super 6th man. There's defense (PG, DJ), and secondary playmaking around Harden (PG, Ego). Harden-DJ would be the deadliest PnR tandem in the NBA. This is probably just a dream, but damn...

#3100 Reeko, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017