1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Then why suggest a trade in the first place ? Did you think I was gonna carry on reading ? I stopped when I saw both names it's like let's get Lebron but we know we can't kinda trade huh

2. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Milsap would be perfect but he is going to end up getting 25-30 million per season somewhere. The only way the Rockets free up that much space is by either trading Anderson or trading Ariza AND Lou.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's the random trade thread you dumbass.

Otto porter and KCP are in no way the same class of untouchable as Lebron .

Have you replied to all the trade harden threads with your incredible insight ?

4. fattz

fattz Member

Yes he has room to grow and will because of his FIT with Harden. There is a miss between coach and Lou IMO. He is a repeat of there players coach trust more. A solid 7'4" functional player fills a big need for this team.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, and i'd be totally fine with this.

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Omg ur so dumb hahaha

7. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

The only problem is no one with that much cap space will eat his contract.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, that's something i don't really know tbh, we'll see.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Okay just received my bbhollic newsletter. Here is how we make a super team.

Sign dmo
    Trade harden for Ricky Rubio
    Trade Capela for thong maker
    Sing spencer dinwiddie
    Max out David lee

Rubio
    Dinwiddie
    David lee
    Dmo
    Thong

Who says no? And bam instantly able to compete with a winner like Rubio handling the rock

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

We should not get rid of Lou by any means. The man is in the top 3 for 6th Man of the Year next to, oh, our other 6th Man of the Year Gordon. Only ones that need to be upgraded is Anderson and/or Ariza, the starters that should be scoring and/or defending well no matter what situation.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6867071

I would send a 1st to Indiana and a second to Philly, or some similar combination of picks and/or filler players that would fit in the salary exchange.

There is almost no chance that the Pacers keep George beyond next season. This allows them to get something in return rather than having him walk for nothing. I they wait until the deadline, he becomes more of a short term rental for any team who might trade for him, netting a smaller return. While the Rockets are probably not likely to keep him either (since all articles seem to indicate LA seems would be his preferred destination), a long playoff run or a finals appearance could make him think twice. It's a gamble the Rockets should be willing to take.

Philly could take on Ariza as a veteran presence on a young team with a championship pedigree as they take their next step. With only one year left, they could decide whether they want to extend him or let him go to make room for other players they may want to extend. He could also be a deadline trade piece for them.

Will the Pacers get better proposals this offseason? It's almost guaranteed. More than anything, I wanted to know if something like that would work salary-wise. When it came up green, I figured I would share. Just a random trade idea.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

But actually the more I think about it the more I believe he's obtainable and probably not that expensive.

To determine the market you have to consider buyers. It would have to be a contender or pretender. They would also have to be willing to risk losing him for nothing after a rental. Recent type of trade was Ibaka for a late 1st and mediocre player at best to match salary.

Now George is a much better and significant player but the reports of LA should be really scaring teams off.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's what i was thinking too...problem is i don't see Morey taking the risk unless he knows the guy wants to be here...there were rumors about him trying to trade for Dragic even if he didn't want to come back here (per reports), not sure how much they were true though...and tbh i'm ok if he doesn't try, i would love to have PG here, but if it's true he wants to play for the Lakers let him go there or let someone else burn some assets, i would hate to lose picks and/or young players for a rental, even for one hell of a rental. Also, i would still like to know if this desire to go to L.A is true or if it's just a smokescreen to not get traded where he doesn't want to go (Denver, Atlanta etc...).

14. BigMaloe

Oh no morey will def take the risk. He has always shown the willingness and eagerness to do so. He believes in having to have talent.

But what could we offer? After the draft we could trade future 1st(s). I doubt Indy has interest in players like ariza/ bev/ lou/ ego/ ryno. Dekker likely gets a bit of interest, maybe Harrell?

Now ariza bev Lou ego could all be shipped to 3rd teams for likely mid to late 1sts.

But any scenario I see involves a lot of magic. Flipping players for picks/assets and flipping those to Indy.

At that point it's how much are we willing to pay? 2 future first? Unprotected?

After that it's whether other teams are willing to outbid us and take the risk also.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i agree with you, personally i thought a package of picks and young guys built around Gordon (he's from Indiana, good player on a good contract, and they would need a scorer if George leaves) and Dekker could've been pretty interesting for them, maybe Anderson too...mostly cause i didn't see Bird going for the full rebuild and tanking...but with Bird gone i'm not really sure what kind of route they're going to eventually take, i kinda remember @DonatasFanboy (who follows the Pacers i think?) saying something about how Pritchard is and will probably manage the situation in a different way so, maybe they will go for a full rebuild in that scenario, we'll see i guess...on paper Anderson, Gordon and Dekker should all fit with Turner for one reason or another imo, obviously other teams can offer more, but like you said at this point you have to consider how many buyers are out there but also how many teams the player is willing to join, this could mean we're in play if he wants a contender (and if Boston signs Hayward, which is probable imo) or not if he just wants the Lakers...

I was also thinking btw, between this summer and the next one (basically until Capela is not hurting our salary cap) there're a lot of good/great talents out there, free agents or on the move:

Paul
    Hayward
    George
    Griffin
    Millsap
    Lowry
    Holiday
    Butler
    Gallo
    Ibaka
    Cousins
    Westbrook
    Melo
    LMA
    Favors (even though with his injuries i'm not sure i will consider him at this point)
    Lopez
    DeAndre
    Randle
    LaVine
    Bradley
    Smart
    Thomas

...aside the fact that i'm not considering Durant, Curry and Lebron cause they should stay where they are, not saying we should have interest in anyone of these guys, in fact i don't think we should consider half of these guys here but, there're a lot of players with good chance to change team, and i have a good feeling about this tbh, i think we're going to get at least one of these players in a year. I say "at least" cause if we can sign a good free agent i think we should go all in with a trade a bring in another good/great player if possible...like, and again, it's a dream scenario but, if we would be able to sign Millsap, we should definitely try to go all in with say, George, same if for miracle we can sign Hayward, trade for Millsap etc...

#3015 Vivi, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like a little more realistic option on the surface because I don't see the Pacers signing any big time free agents, so they probably need to hit in the draft or trade for players already under contract. Anderson could play a significant role on that team.

I think this is probably the general direction the Rockets need to go to improve, even if PG isn't the target. Transfer the Ryan Anderson contract to an Ariza upgrade and fill the Anderson role through free agency. In the trade above, the Rockets would get PG and still have $18-19M to fill the stretch 4 position with someone like Ibaka, Ilyasova, Dmo, PPat, etc. I think that is an improved team that probably has room to add more.

If PG walked after next year, the Rockets would still have $40M+ to work with ij that offseason.

BigMaloe, eman and daywalker02 like this.
  17. BigMaloe

The more I think and study the more I think Ibaka is who we need to target in free agency. Then try and go all out and sell the "farm" for George.

You gotta get some feelers on what player(s) Indy would want from you and ship out who they wouldn't want for capspace+pick.

For instance: I don't think they would want Lou or ariza. You could get a first for either player after the draft. That gets you to about 20m in space or so to sign Ibaka to something like 4/80-90 first year being 20m.

So after the draft you have late 1st + our future 1sts.

Would gordon/dekker/harrell/future1st/late1st from trade be more than anyone else is willing to pay?

IDK but it's reasonable but also takes a lot of work and luck and magic.

18. toycannon

toycannon Member

Do we need a second All-Star to take the pressure off Harden?

If we do I like Butler or Hayward.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If the Pacers or Bulls decide to move on from PG or Butler, I can't imagine a scenario of us offering Anderson's contract and expect to be taken seriously. We would have to take back some bad contracts too. That's the way these type of moves work.

The only Anderson-for-star scenario I can envision is a deal involving Melo only because this is a rare instance of the other team so badly wanting to move him they would likely accept pennies on the dollar. Plus, with his no-trade clause, I doubt the Knicks would be willing to play hardball.

20. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -14.7 ppg, -11.3 rpg, and +6.3 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Chris Paul
    32 year old, 6-0, 175 lb PG from Wake Forest
    18.1 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 9.2 apg in 31.5 minutes in 2016-2017
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Ryan Anderson
    29 year old, 6-10, 240 lb PF from California
    13.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 29.4 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Sam Dekker
    23 year old, 6-9, 230 lb SF from Wisconsin
    6.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 18.4 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Clint Capela
    23 year old, 6-10, 240 lb PF from Chalon-Sur-Saone (France)
    12.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.9 minutes in 2016-2017