1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Boogie Cousins?

Oh wait.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't think that offer would be enough for the Knicks. At least with Capela you can sell a high potential player. Can't do that with a player in decline like Ariza.

3. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Rumor is that teams are calling, but that doesn't mean the Lakers are picking up. Dude put up 19/5 after the break. I don't see him moving unless it's packaged for a star.

4. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Yeah, but Nene would only play when ZBo needs some rest. Dekker can get most of the minutes at back up 4.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

But at that point we would have too many bigs considering that we just play one at the time, Nanu is also going to get some minutes next season (i guess)...Nene plus Z.Bo would be too much, not enough minutes and salary cap for both of them imo

6. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

I agree that they need someone who can play the 4 and the 5 but there isn't a good option there besides Ibaka.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Millsap wouldn't be bad too, i mean, personally i'd take Millsap any day over Ibaka, but i'd also take Ibaka over Anderson fwiw.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Simmons is already 27, he's not gonna break out into some star

throwing a lot of bread at a player because he played well in the playoffs is risky, that's how u end up overpaying guys like Solomon Hill

arabrocket likes this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Trade our two 2nd round picks for the highest 1st round pick we could get. Then, trade that new 1st round pick, Ryan Anderson, Trevor Ariza, Bobby Brown (if needed), and additional picks (if needed) for Melo and Kristaps. Then use remaining cap space to resign Nene, and another big/another PG if possible.

PG: Harden, Bev
    SG: Gordon, Lou
    SF: Melo, Dekker
    PF: Kristaps, Harrell, Wiltjer
    C: Capela, Nene

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmp4ncl

ESPN trade machines says it checks out salary wise.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

No chance ;)
    :(

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

My absurd plan.

I think two guys we should really go after are KCP and Otto porter. Unfortunately both are RFA's and will likely command max or near-max deals and even then are likely to be matched.

Furthermore , we don't have the cap space nor the playing time for either without making trades . Finding a team to take salary is tough , not to mention the fact that if you strike out in FA you've essentially lost something for nothing ( addition by subtraction aside , this is generally not a good thing)

So how do we go about getting those 2 or at least 1/2 . Because I want them . They are young , athletic , have upside and I don't think we are gonna get any of the marquee FA's.

The answer is a sign and trade .

Wait you say !!!!

"I've read Larry coons Faq and RFA's can't be signed and traded."

This is correct IF they've already signed an offer sheet . So to make this work we need to pounce early ... Basically it's a long shot hahaha

With that being said here is my offer . Both guys I wanna sign to the max . And remember this only works if their team doesn't think those players are worth the max and/or like what we offer vs either having the player or losing them for nothing ( in the case they didn't want to match a max)

For Otto porter I'd offer them Ariza and Lou Williams . This arguably makes them stronger in the present. Ariza played with wall before and shot quite well. Ariza<porter .. But they also get Lou to bolster their bench unit which was a weakness. It's at least something to consider for WAS because both of those guys contracts end after next season which gives the wiz more flexibility vs if they matched a max Porter offer. It also could make them stronger in the near term ( before Ariza loses another step)

KCP is even a bit more of a long shot. But we have a guy that Stan might like and they might not want to match a max offer for KCP , if we can enact a SnT before he gets an offer sheet then it's possible to get it done .

What I propose to DET is Ryan Anderson . He's the 4 that Stan wants to play . He can try to recreate his ORL run with Drummond and Ryan ; Harris can move to SF where he is a bigger mismatch... Granted their guard Depth is not the best , so they probably have a preference to keep KCP ... But he didn't take the step that many were predicting this year so maybe DET is down on him .

Again ; these are idiotic scenarios ( not because of the players involved ,but because how precise the timing would have to be) .. Ie . Neither RFA ( if we want them) could sign an offer sheet in order to be eligible for a sign and trade. This goes directly against their interests of making money ... Teams may threaten not to offer as much unless the RFA signs the offer immediately.

That being said . This is theoretically possibly and would make us sick .

Bev/ Gordon
    James/ KCP
    Porter/Dekker
    Harrell/Dekker
    Clint/nene

Of course we would play small a lot with either Otto or Dekker at PF.

But if we wanna play 3 guard ; bev Eric and KCP is better than the lineup we ran out there this year solely due to the massive defensive improvement.

Frankly I wouldn't do the KCP move unless we did the porter move , but I would do the Porter move regardless even though it would leave us thinner ... We need more athleticism at the wings .

I know it's a crazy idea and a long ass post , but it's a fun idea and I'd appreciate feedback .

12. malakas

malakas Member

Porter is going to be matched especially if the s+t offer is some roleplayers. Grunfeld isn't the brightest GM but he isn't that stupid.
    I think there will be teams out there that will offer him immediately max offersheets tbh. Like the Nets.

About KCP he maybe be s+t in the end, because Pistons are not satisfied with the core they have built, but for much more than an overpaid roleplayer.

Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i feel like CF members just propose trades without even thinking before writing. KCP and Porter are BOTH RESTRICTED, and both of their teams are matching any offers.

Reeko likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

your "big epiphany" is" KCP and porter are restricted free agents and their teams are matching."

The second sentence in my post... " Unfortunately ,Both are RFA's and will likely command max or near max contracts..... and EVEN THEN ARE LIKELY TO BE MATCHED"

You felt the need to post that I wasn't thinking, and to illustrate this, you raise an issue that I acknowledge literally right after naming the players. You only read one line.

Why don't you at least try reading the second sentence next time ?

15. fattz

fattz Member

Marjonovic is a big that can roll hard to the basket and rebound at 7M per / 2 more season looks to fit. The Pistons need some offense so

Lou & small filler
    ...For...
    Marjonovic

Pros
    p&r, rebound, block shots, can handle touches and plays smart.
    Cons
    Size --> he going to breakdown if played heavy minutes.

Maybe Herrell's spot if Nene is resigned. Or Nene's if he is not resigned.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I wonder if Sacramento could pull it off.

Caulie-stein or pappagiannis and #10 for D'angelo ? Maybe they could add afflalo(only 1.5m guaranteed) and swallow mozgovs contract.

17. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

This is a big no from me.Trading one of the best scorers off bench in the NBA for a below average backup Center?

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Similar to the whole Parsons debate: be the team that finds the Otto Porter, not the team that overpays the Otto Porter.

I get it: his advanced numbers are off the charts and he's a two way player. All the same, he will never be anything more than a 3&D player. For the price it will require to pry him away from Washington, I think we can do better.

#2998 baller4life315, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Reeko likes this.
  19. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lmaoooooooooo

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Here's what's going to happen this summer, just like every other summer.

Morey will focus all his attention on Stars and even make sure he has cap space to sign them by trading away our players & picks for free.

Then those Stars will refuse to come here like Bosh, screwing Morey and the Rockets in the process. Also, we won't be able to pick up anyone decent because they'll all be gone by then and we'll have to end up overpaying for guys like Ryan Anderson.

goldoil likes this.