1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Realistic Best-Case Scenario
    Try to dump Lou for a future pick and try to sign Ibaka for around 20 million per season.

Harden//Taylor/Brown
    Bev/Gordon
    Ariza/Dekker/T. Williams
    Ibaka/Anderson/Wiltjer
    Capela/Nene/Harrell/Onaku

Morey could then try to find a 2/3 combo diamond in the rough to round out the roster

More Likely Scenario
    Stand pat and sign a middle income 3/4 or 4/5. I think 4/5 is the biggest need, but there are not that many options that are a clear upgrade to what they already have. A great scenario is Harrell develops his shot enough to play the 4 and they use cap space on a Joe Ingles type player. I just don't think Harrell's shot will ever be good enough for him to play the 4. Maybe they look at a Patrick Patterson type, but that does not help the rebounding problem.

snowconeman22 and viertelasiat like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Paul George isn't a free agent.
    So just pass on the year?

Which is fine, i guess - I mean I'm advocating to trade Harden to get worse before getting better. Just seems like a lot of eggs in one basket to maybe have a guy that clearly wants to play in LA decide to join your team.

Of course, maybe Harden and George have it all planned out??

That best case scenario is depressing. The more likely scenario -barf.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Paul George isn't a FA this summer. He can opt out NEXT summer.

The Rockets do not have enough assets to trade for Paul George this summer.

Reeko likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In order

Waive I.Taylor, Sign Patty Mills to a 4/52 mill deal using our cap space

Trade Anderson, L.Williams and Harrell to the Hawks for Milsap(S&T 3 year max)

Re-sign Nene with our room exception, sign Qi and our two 2nd round picks.

Beverley / Mills
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Dekker
    Milsap / Wiltjer / Qi
    Capela / Nene / Onuaku

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

not bad, I like the idea of signing Patty Mills and I'm cool with doing a S&T for Millsap

Millsap isn't the floor spacer that Ryno is, but he's still a far better offensive player, rebounder, and defender. I like Mills as our backup PG.

Maybe we could also try to get Vince Carter for the vet min and have him be our backup 3 with Dekker as our backup 4.

That team could probably win 57-58 games and make it to the WCF if SA doesn't add a significant FA this summer.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Because of the backcourt depth, there actually wouldn't be any playing time at the backup SF, if everybody is healthy.

Dekker would be a full time PF, Harden would be the full time backup SF, just like they were last season after the L.Will trade. The only reason I listed Dekker at SF was just for the layout to look balanced lol.

7. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

What do y'all think Zach Randolph will get in free agency? Think he will leave Memphis? Think he could be a target for the Rockets? He can definitely get a REBOUND!

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like Z.Bo but at this point i think it would be better to keep Nene for us, i think Z.Bo is also going to cost more...just to be clear, i wouldn't be againts having him (if cheap), but between him at 10x and Nene at 5x (let's say), i'd keep Nene.

9. Fantasma Negro

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lvgpp9w I'd throw in Llull as well. It would be interesting to see if he can turn down playing with his buddy Hernangomez in the largest media market in the world knowing the vast off the court earning capabilities of being an athlete in New York. Then with the mle, I'd sign P.J Tucker.

Starting 5: Harden, Bev, Tucker, Melo, Capela
    Bench 5: Rook or fa pg(or Taylor), Gordon, Ariza, Dekker, Onuaku

10. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

I like that trade but, Melo coming here with D'Antoni already here? Don't know if you can salvage that relationship. Would love O'Quinn here, very underrated and he's not even getting that many minutes plus he has a beard that rivals Harden's. Signing Tucker would be an ideal pickup.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Melo is the highest available talent at the lowest cost. Not saying he's better than George or Butler but just that the input of talent greatly exceeds the output required to obtain.

I wish it could work, and in my mind I try to, but Melo with mda would not work. It failed before and led to resignation already. We have a great organizational and team chemistry right now.

I don't think it's worth the risk even if you could get carmelo/oquinn for ryan/montrez/dekker.

In theory Melo at the 4 is a great great fit. Maybe Melo has grown and is willing to sacrifice after his divorce with both LaLa and NY. Maybe Harden and Melo and mda could meet up and all sacrifice together to make it work.

But I don't believe so and I'm not willing to risk it just because. Too many egos imo between the 3.

12. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

I mean if Phil straight up just bought out Melo, I'd take a chance.

13. Fantasma Negro

If failed because Anthony refused to play the stretch four, he played the pf position many times last season and it led to a couple of wins. Carmelo is 32 now and hasn't sniffed meaningful basketball in years, I doubt moving to the four especially with the freedom MDA gives these guys on the floor would be that big of a hiccup. His body with the wear and tear is better suited to play the four now anyway because he doesn't have the speed to keep up with quicker sf, but he's craftier than most pfs can defend. I'm just imagining him going against Lamarcus

14. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

I was thinking of him more as an addition to Nene. Nene would end up in a Harrell role where he only plays when ZBo needs rest. It all depends on cost and Dekker taking a big jump in his 2nd year.

Harden/Lou
    Bev/Gordon
    Ariza/Dekker
    Anderson/ZBo
    Capela/Nene

15. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

I don't hate the Patty Mills idea. I love Bev, but he made some strange comments after the season that makes me kinda question if he wants to be here. If they could sign Patty and use Bev to upgrade the 3/4 or 4/5, then i think its a win for the Rockets.

#2975 DeathStar, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Problem here is that you know MDA is just not going to play Z.Bo at the 4

17. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Don't even bother with George.

18. omgTHEpotential

A few interesting options, not necessarily via trade:
    - James Johnson
    - Jonathon Simmons (Houston connection)
    - P.J. Tucker
    - Serge Ibaka

malakas likes this.
  19. DMO (DJ remix)

Simmons has A LOT of swagger and i have a feeling he could break out into star, remember when PG was drafted, no one thought he would be this good, he was Granger back up back in the day, but he exploded, i can feel same about Simmons, i would give him 12-15mil easy and i think that's about what his worth and never look back.

20. malakas

malakas Member

D'angelo Russell is being shopped. I'm curious to see what he can fetch.

BigMaloe likes this.