1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Rocketsfanguy

Rocketsfanguy Member

Terrance Jones was just released maybe pick him up for a playoffs push

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo and D'antoni can not coexist. Melo is not gonna accept being a stretch 4. He does not fit in here. Melo wants to iso and loves to operate in the mid range area. He also doesn't like to run the floor, he prefers a halfcourt game.

3. dmoneybangbang

Good point on Porter.

I'm sure Morey will make his pitch to Paul George and Hayward, but I started keeping up with Joe Ingles since you brought him up. I really like his game despite him being 29. His age is a concern but he's not been a high minutes guy in his 3 year NBA career (25 mpg this year) and international play isn't nearly as grueiling as NBA play. He defends well, shots the 3 ball well, and he can pass above average for wing in my opinion. Wouldn't mind overpaying slightly for him, especially if we can get a good deal on re-signing Ariza.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

People keep saying this, but I don't believe it. The Melo you see in the Olympics, aka with a well-functioning team is vastly different from what you see in New York, where he suffers from a mediocre roster and doesn't trust his teammates.

Put Melo on a high quality run&gun team and there's no reason to believe he wouldn't play as the same kind of high efficiency, offball stretch that he plays for Team USA.

BigggReddd likes this.
  5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Morey can have a quick trade for josh smith, boozer or Terrance Jones to replace Sam

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

This teams needs a player like AK-47 was in his prime. Is it safe to say Draymond Green is the modern AK-47?

As much as we all hate Draymond Green, if he was next to Harden, this team would be insane.

Is it possible?

Williamson and YaoMing#1 like this.
  7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Would they be playoff eligible tho? If not, then what's the point?

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Houston can get into western semi finals, we should think about vs Spurs and Warriors. Existing players cannot beat them and it already demonstrate before playoff. I think houston has a chances to win the final. I really hope Morey can buy some potential players for backup epecially the power forward with Sam injury, so that houston can at least reach the western finals

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ak-47 would be perfect for this team (or any team). He would have made so much more money and his game would have been respected much more had he began his career 10 year later.

He was a decade to early.

The guy would have been an allstar.

I don't know who fits the mold besides draymond green. He's so good defensively. He's Honestly not a very good offensive player, he's just okay at at everything.

Ppl talk about his court vision but if you watch it's nothing special. Sam dekker could make those plays. He understands we're his shooters are going coming off screens and hits them. Most of his assists come with him at the top of the three point line in a triple threat position waiting to make the elementary pass to curry or klay running off a screen.

He's a great defensive player that gets elevated to allstar level because of the team he's on and the players around him.

Frankly there is a lot of guys in the NBA who can do what he does offensively it's the other side of the court that he is unmatched.

Imo harden has a harder time with green on him than when Kwai Leonard is on him which is saying something about green.

We need to find somone like green to split the minutes with Ryno at the 4 and it's possible you can find that player in the later part of the draft.

Besides sf we really need a guy who Can split time with Ryno at the 4 while still bringing that stretch element that Ryno provides.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My dream is that the Clippers get swept in the 1st round and the front office decides to blow it up. CP3 and Blake leave in free agency and we swing a trade for DeAndre. I really think the Rockets need a defensive anchor center like Deandre or Rudy Gobert. There is no scenario in which Gobert becomes available anytime soon, but I think DeAndre is possible. That said, it's tough to swing a trade for DeAndre without sort of gutting the team. I think the Clippers would be looking for young talent and picks so I suspect Capela and a draft pick or two would need to be included. But for salary matching purposes they would either have to include Ryan Anderson or a combination like Gordon and Ariza or Gordon and Lou Williams. It is difficult to replace a stretch 4 like Ryno and we've all seen the difference in our offense when he isn't able to play. I could potentially see the Rockets deciding they can part with Ariza and Lou if they believe enough in Dekker or Troy Williams (doubtful?) as the small forward of the future AND if they see another scorer off the bench that could be available on the cheap. But that's a lot of ifs. I doubt it will happen, but that's my dream.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We'd be nuts to get rid or Ariza or Anderson. Anderson is our best 3pt shooter and free throw shooter. Ariza gets more steals than anyone on the team, and is one of our best defensive players who can also hit the 3. Anyone else could be an option, but I would hate losing any of them. I have grown to really enjoy our starters and bench players.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't know how to make it happen, but I would be willing to trade a lot for John Wall.

13. don grahamleone

Astros win just in time!

14. Williamson

Why? Wall needs the ball in his hands. Harden needs the ball in his hands. Doesn't make much sense to me for our two best players to be point guards.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  15. Williamson

I like Ariza too and I made mention of how valuable Ryan is to the team. However, if we are to upgrade it's likely some starters are going to have to go. And Ariza is probably the most likely of the vets to go as he's not getting any younger.

16. don grahamleone

I get what you're saying, but uh... this is John Wall and James Harden. Neither has proven to be inflexible.

17. basketballholic

Would love to poach Hezonja this summer during the Orlando upheaval.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If Bird is willing to deal, Morey needs to do all his can get PG here. Even packing Bev and Sam Dekker (Morey's Harrison Barnes).

Bev is loved by many here but PG would put us over the top, especially if we can get rid of Ryan Anderson for a Milsap or Ibaka.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sounds like he'd be a great fit for the triangle.

Oh wait...

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

GSW/OKC should trade Klay Thompson for Oladipo and Adams.