1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't throw Nene into trades. He signed a crap contract to play here. Not even Morey (?) would toss him onto the dung heap like that.

2. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

What Is the obsession with Rudy gay in all the trades here.

He wouldn't fit the mda style. Plus didn't dmorey trade gay for battier because he felt gay wasn't going to be that good Statstiscially ?

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Just checking in to say that I've watched some Kings highlights and DO NOT WANT cousins. Sure, it looks like he's added a 3 ball this year.... but he just doesnt look great. I dont see a top 25 player in this guy. He puts up numbers on a bad team and I dont think his defense is anything to write home for. He looks relatively slow and nonathletic. He's got some skills, but against top competition that is locked it a lot of passes he tried to make will become turnovers.

He can score and he can shoot but I dont know if he can fit into a system and i dont know if he can be a positive defensive player. Do we play him at the 5 ? I dont think he can anchor the defense . Do we play him at the 4 ? He isn't a better floor spacer than Ryan and even though he is much better overall, he's not quick enough to guard small-ball 4's or stretch/athletic 4's. I dont see why this guy is a top 25 player. He may have top 25 talent due to his skills and size... but he's not putting into action. Dont bet the farm on cousins.

4. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

We need a player like durrant that is super tall and can play 2-5. I know we need the alphabet.

To bad he isn't available

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Everyone is so certain Brewer is a negative value and I just don't find that to be the case. At $8m he's about the cost of a bench to a end of bench player under the new cba. He's just not very attractive as a player and is more or less just salary.

Atlanta is in a tailspin. Korver is a shell of himself as is thabo. They ate both expiring and Atlanta may want to seek some type of asset if any that they can get for them. Brewer fills a need after the trade and kj +2nd would be assets for players otherwise you likely aren't bringing back.

As for the rockets korver is and always has been an elite shooter. He would be great of the bench. Thabo isnt the lock down defender he once was and he's a below average shooter but he's a decent end of bench guy. Both players are expiring which is what I think we are looking for.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea Thabo has never really regained the same form since NYPD broke his leg for being black in public.

7. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

The recent whispers of Gentile wanting to come over have sparked my interest in Italian players. I wrote this mostly for myself but figured I would edit a bit and share.

~
    I like Danilo Gallinari, always have. I don't what what his trade value is though, I expect it's fairly high. The only downside is he's never played a full season, always had some kind of injury. Aside from that though the dude can ball. Great size for a 3 or smallball 4. He has familiarity with Mike D'antoni. Overall I think he's a good-not-great fit, simply because he's a starter for sure but our 3 and 4 is already solid. Ariza and Anderson aren't likely going anywhere. Gallo's net rating has never been even or negative, always positive. That's definitely a good thing but what the Rockets have going for them this season is a great chemistry. Is it worth losing Ariza to get Gallo? You make the call.

Marco Belinelli is on fire from deep this year. Playing 25 minutes for Charlotte the dude is scorching 3's at a 44% clip and shooting 6 a game. We aren't the Defensive Anchor+4 Shooters that we tried to build during the Howard era but we still obviously shoot a lot of 3's. Belinelli could absolutely contribute. Finding a matching trade would be tough because Belinelli is a contributor to Charlotte but MDA doesn't run a deep bench. Who could fill Belinelli's minutes? We have no similar players. Even KJ who has a similar PER just doesn't contribute enough to interest Charlotte. I think Marco would be a great get.

That's it for currently active Italian players, though we have a couple of former players I will add.

Andrea Bargnani. He has a decent jumper and decent-not-great rebounding. He finishes 60% at the rim and 40-60% ranging out to 35% from 3. This is fairly decent, actually. Your center shouldn't be taking 3's often anyways, but making 1 in 3 isn't that bad. The downside is his defense is just plain bad. He's never held a positive net rating. He is a legit 7 footer though and you can't teach height. I don't think we have reason to play him over other options, he just wouldn't get playing time.

Luigi "GiGi" Datome. He has an impressive game for a guy you probably haven't heard about. He can shoot, drive, assist but he's always been buried on the bench so we never really got to see what he could do. NBA scouts surely know what he could do though, so I trust their ability and figure he's out of the league for good reason, sadly.
    Here's a quick clip of his start 2 years ago for Boston:
    He just has too small of a sample size to really know what he's capable of. We can look at the Euroleague stats (51/52/95) but they don't translate directly to NBA becuase of NBA talent:
    http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=CCD&seasoncode=E2016#!careerstats
    Ultimately he's happy playing overseas as to being buried on a bench here, so more power to him.

Alessandro Gentile. He's ready to come over but his Euroleague stats are not as good as Datome. He is shooting 49/25/75 and that's against a lesser competition. He's only 24, he can grow, but is now the time to pull the trigger and bring him over? I don't have defensive stats or even advanced defense stats available so I can't comment aside from what I see on youtube. I also don't think you base a decision on a highlight video, you need to watch lots of video of full games to see how he fits in a system. I am hesitant about this one, yet hopeful.

Diego Flaccadori. Up and coming, possibly next draft as DraftExpress has him mocked for pick 57 overall. In fact they have a better summary than what I could put up. He's a few years away from serious contention on an NBA roster imo but he is the only Italian point guard I've found in my search.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Diego-Flaccadori-62869/
    ~

Of all these players I think Marco makes the most sense to not really bust our team or team chemistry while providing a player who is going to contribute. If we make some other trade giving up Ariza then I think trading for Gallo would be a great move, if Morey could pull it off.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

@kwakmeister I absolutely agree with danilo but rather I think he is an absolute perfect fit. He is shooting the corner 3 at a 53% clip and I believe 40% overall from deep (if memory serves correct). I was looking him up myself the other day. He is also pretty decent off the dribble and an ok passer I believe. Average defense, because of length, and pretty much a all around decent type of player.

As for asking price that's though. Last I recall they wanted 2 1st rd picks, which is ludicrous and obviously wasn't met. But still they likely would want a young talent and at least one first. He's also a free agent to be so that could drive his price down.

I tend to think Denver is on the verge of a tank rebuild. I think danilo gets traded for sure and I think they trade faried as well.

I would be willing to trade

brewer/kj/harrel/1st/rights to gentile for danilo

but I'm not sure they take the deal. Maybe possible to work a 3 team deal where ariza goes out and we get something else back in return or keep our pick

kwakmeister likes this.
  9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Paul George

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I hope but doubt it

11. kwakmeister

I do think Ariza would be involved in any Gallo trade but who knows. The only thing I would say is try to slide the rights to Llull in instead of Gentile. Gallinari and Gentile played together on Team Italy, I'd like them to play together. So yeah bring Gentile over after getting Gallo. I'd hate to part with Harrell, the dude is coming along nicely. However it would entirely be based on how the team looks going into those trade possibilities.

12. Chamillionaire

Now is not the time to trade Ariza IMO. He's taken for granted around here. He defends all the best players and is one of the leaders in SPG, shooting more and best % of his career, one of James' homeboys from LA.

Harrell is looking like a steal at the beginning of 2nd round and although he's undersized, his energy translates on the court, and we probably wouldn't get equal value back. But his value is as high as it has ever been. He seems like a good choice if someone were to get traded due to DMo's signing.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. finsraider

finsraider Member

With trade season unofficially beginning on Dec 15 (when recently signed free agents can be traded), I wanted to rehash a potential Cousins deal:

Capela
    Anderson
    McDaniels
    Rights to Llull
    Rights to Gentile
    Rockets 2017 1st
    Denvers 2017 2nd

Listen to my argument before you immediately dismiss it.

Capela is a very hot commodity right now. Outside of Embiid and Towns, he might be THE top center prospect in the league.

Sacramento tried to sign Anderson in the offseason. They (Sac) have had a very difficult time convincing free agents to go there, so getting one in a trade that they just tried to sign would be a win for them. Personally, I think Anderson is waaayy underrated on here. Also, he's from Sacramento.

McDaniels has positive trade value. I don't know how much, but he's the type of prospect a rebuilding team would want.

Collision's contract expires this summer. Again, Sacramento has had a tough time attracting free agents. Llull wants a prominent role in whatever team he joins, and Sac will have the money to pay him. Llull, IMO, is the most proven player in the world that isn't in the NBA.

Sacramento was very forward about wanting Gentile about a year ago. That interest may still be there, and would mean he would have more value to them than others.

The picks are likely to be in the mid to high 20s and 30s, but they're what we have.

Now if I were Sac, I'd want Dekker instead of McDaniels. That's where you'd start to cut into the bones. I really don't know if I'd do it, as silly as that may sound. I love Cousins, but he can only play one position at a time.

So that's it. I believe we are uniquely positioned to trade with Sac based on the players we have. Others have better picks and perhaps prospects, but we can provide a whole host of high level players that meet their needs.

Amel and BigggReddd like this.
  14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

What would we need to do to shoot out Anderson out somewhere in the league and bring back Mirotic?

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Youre way underestimating Cuz

Hes same player as Harden..he is much better than people think.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd like Cousins as much as the next guy on here but that package won't get it done simply because other teams (looking at Boston) have better assets.

If we want Cousins, it's most likely going to involve a 3rd team to get it done.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Dude he's not the same player as Harden . He's like harden that his offense > his defense but that's about where the comparison stops.

For a big , defense is crucial . Especially if he plays at center and has to anchor the defense .

Harden has led our team to the playoffs every year he has been here . In 12-13 Jeremy Lin and Toney Douglass were our other guards . Francisco Garcia and delfino were our go - to vets . Finally parsons hadn't become a bonafide player yet , Omer "no hands" Asik was our starting center , and crappy Marcus Morris , TJ , DMO were our 4 men after Patterson got traded for Trob.

Asik has never had a better season than in 12-13 because harden made him better .

I'd venture to say that 12-13 was Jeremy lin's best year for his career .

Delfino had a good year . And Greg smith hasn't been able to find 10 minutes a game since.

Harden makes his teammates better and has been doing so since 12-13 .

Cousins hasn't led a team to the playoffs yet and I understand he doesn't have much talent to work with YET , since 2012 the Timberwolves , Suns , pelicans , and Jazz have all consistently posted better records than the Kings with comparable talent . **** the nuggets have done it as well .

Sactown is an absolute mess , but cousins isn't doing anything to pull them out of it and frankly if he was " the same player as harden" then they would have had at least one winning season or at the very least finished better than the previously mentioned teams.

arabrocket likes this.
  18. kwakmeister

I listened and I just disagree. At the beginning of the year, I would have done this in a heartbeat. As the Rockets progressed through the season I have found myself against Boogie, after being a HUGE fan of him in Red. The thing is, he's a pick n pop player. We already have that in Anderson. We need a Pick n Roll guy who can finish lobs and is a densive anchor in the paint. People like Nerlens Noel, Hassan Whiteside and Deandre Jordan. But here's the thing, for a fraction of the cost we have Capela who can do just that. His game has grown a lot. Capela is young, we have him on his rookie contract, he's perfect for the system. Let him grow.

Anderson is a great fit too! I thought he would go next level on this offense but he's still putting up great numbers. His contract is huge but he's one of, if not, THE best Stretch 4 in the game. This is important to get out sagging 4's to allow Harden more room to work. I know you know this, im not telling you but rather anyone else reading this.

I can't get behind blowing up the team that's doing so well for Boogie. He's great but he's not great for what we got going. I must say he has really picked up his 3pt shooting, he's almost 40% but I don't think you want him on the outside much. Do you play Boogie at the 4? Probably not. Play him at the 5? Not a great fit in MDA offense. If we could get someone like Ibaka to help him in the paint, then maybe its worth it, but I don't trust his defense enough alone.

Just my opinion, I am sure if it happened I would revert to the Boogie bandwagon. I don't expect big changes until the trade deadline unless we start losing games we shouldn't be losing.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Please no cousins ; this guy is not the star we need . This guy is not a top 20 NBA player .

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Cousins is garbage. Just look at his injury history and play.. He's talented but he doesn't work hard. And he's not worth the team chemistry the Rockets have Anderson and Capela... What a dumb trade idea. Seems like most that post on this thread are simply not true Rockets fans that actually watch the games..