1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Kicking this can... oh well. I thought he was a great fit but financially it would have been a strain to keep him.

2. basketballholic

Yule C is history. Didn't get it done. Tried.

3. YuleC

YuleC Member

I'm still here bro.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It makes a difference in rebounding at the 5. That's the only reason I'd do this. Sometimes things won't be going well and it's usually our defensive rebounding that takes the wind out of our sails.

5. H-Town Rockets Guy

Either way this will improve our rebounding and Rim protection. Get it done Moreeey

6. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

A combination of PJ Tucker + 1 of Alexis Ajinca, Alex Len, or Kyle O'Quinn would be nice.

DonKnock and HTX Ninja like this.
  7. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yule C would have been a better fit in what would have been an even higher high octane offense with Houston.

Instead he goes to Dallas. Maybe Bogut coming our way (reports Philly looking for 2nd rd pick)?
    Or buy out

8. basketballholic

Agree with bima. Don't see bogut here at all.

Louka likes this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You are always wrong?

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Ennis and a 2nd for Robert Covington....get it done Morey

basketballholic likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Just a few more minutes and this bad boy can be tucked away....

Von Rafer likes this.
  12. micah1j

micah1j Member

cleared out 2 roster spots. Maybe picking up some Euro league or Chinese league players

elmotsangtt and D-rock like this.
  13. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

RIP, hopefully we get Bogut and others after buyouts.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm very sad, but on to the next guy, we have a championship to win. Maybe we can poison pill Cuban next season. :D

kwakmeister likes this.
  15. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I don't know _holic. Looks like Rockets placed themselves in position to go after released guys.
    Bogut being one of them. If Dunleavy asks for buy-out, Morey will pounce. Not sure if Dunleavy is unhappy
    or Hawks need to clear guys?

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

For the record, I said I seriously doubt the Rockets TRADE for Bogut (and his $11 million cap figure). I figured that he was a prime buyout candidate and have no issue with the Rockets looking at him in that market. He'd certainly help the team's interior defense.

17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

For the record I want people to know I have pushed for trading for Nerlens or WCS contracts....but I'm
    fine acquiring Bogut by way of buy-out pick up.

The Rockets in the playoffs can have 12 active players with 3 inactive. Rockets at the moment are 14 roster
    spots with one available. If the Rockets somehow bring in 2 guys (say Bogut & a SF); the Rockets could cut
    Bobby Brown. As of today the inactives would probably be Bobby Brown/Wiltjer/Chinanu.

Apparently the Rockets are saying they have the most money available of all contenders to direct towards
    FA's or buy-out guys.

Edited Later: Throw in Huertas as Cut Bait (Bringing Rockets down to 13 roster spots.

P.S. WCS would have been great with the Rockets. Now that Cousins is gone.....WCS will do well
    in what appears to be an uptempo team; but I digress.

#2737 Jatman20, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Tha_Dude and DonKnock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is there a way, or a chance, Morey would poison pill a RFA like Nerlens Noel next offseason?

Tha_Dude and Jatman20 like this.
  19. ch44

ch44 Member

No, because it would be matched and the Mavs aren't facing a huge tax bill. It only works for players that people don't really want to pay a lot of money for.

D-rock likes this.
  20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The "poison pill" you are referring to (which isn't even the "Poison Pill Provision" commonly referred to in the CBA) relates only to restricted free agents with one or two years of experience, under the so-called Gilbert Arenas Rule, which allows for some funky contract structures. Noel is a first round pick who'll be coming off his FOURTH year in the league. The Arenas Rule would not apply to him.

On a related note, the new CBA has adjusted the Arenas Rule to allow a player's prior team -- IF it is sufficiently below the salary cap at the time -- to avoid the "poison pill" contract structure. It won't save a lot of teams from those sorts of deals, but it will save some of them.