1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Without a major piece moving, or a buyout of someone that we would want, this is about the only thing I can see that would help us now and in the future:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jhbqvye

Would have to add that second for the Lakers, and either another 2nd or overseas stash for W. Chandler. Don't see how we get Gallo with that high of a salary without moving a rotation piece.

Rockets:

Harden/Bev/Brown
    Gordon/Young
    Ariza/W. Chandler
    Anderson/Dekker/Wiltjer
    Capela/Nene/Harrell/Onauku

Would still have a slot available to pick up someone on a buyout or a vet/overseas player to sign outright.

2. FANfrom86toNow

Or if Denver just really wants to be generous, I would glad add them a 1st, 2nd and rights to Llull or Gentile for:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jmn3b63

Harden/Bev/Brown
    Gordon/Barton
    Ariza/W. Chandler
    Anderson/Dekker/Wiltjer
    Capela/Nene/Harrell/Onauku

I would be happy to go into the playoffs with that team, still knowing we aren't favored except to maybe get out of the first round. And if someone like Bogut was bought out, bring them in for that last spot and now you have a real chance.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  3. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

This would be awesome, but I wish it were this easy. Also, I feel as though Barton is a deal-breaker for them.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  4. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z4gmvvt

This is us getting involved in the rumor of Drose to Minny

1. Houston
    Out: brewer/Harrell
    In: Affalo

2. NYK
    Out: Rose
    In: Brewer/Rubio

3. Minny
    Out: Rubio/Rush
    In: Rose

4. Kings
    Out: Affalo
    IN: Harrell/Rush

Can interchange Affalo with Gay - i choose Affalo for his 3-D

Houston does this to get a 3-D and can play face paced. Affalo or Gay would welcome this to boost their stock

NYK - wants out of Rose, Brewer gives them Cap space and they are rumored after Rubio.

Minny - Thibs wants Rose, Gets 21M cap space and Rubio doesnt really fit because they have problems scoring the ball.

Kings - Just trade Cousins need an Up and coming PF/C - Rush is a great 3pt shooter to make up for Affalo production

Add picks to make this trade more attractive.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I cooked this up last night whenever insomnia and insanity were taking over...

Houston trades: Anderson, Dekker, Brewer, 1st rounder
    Houston receives: Gallinari, Redick, Nelson

Denver trades: Chandler, Gallinari, Nelson, 1st rounder
    Denver receives: Griffin, Dekker, Brewer

LAC trades: Griffin, Redick
    LAC receives: Anderson, Chandler, 1st rounder (HOU), 1st rounder (DEN)

Houston does it to get better in the short term, shed Anderson's contract, dump Brewer and roll into free agency this summer with ample cap space. The risks, of course, are both losing Dekker and the fact that Redick and Gallo (assuming he opts out) are going to be free agents. Redick is worth keeping no matter what, so re-signing him would be a priority. Gallo would most likely be a rental unless the fit was absolutely phenomenal and we don't get outbid by some desperate team tossing crazy money at him.

Denver does it to get the best player in the trade and move two disgruntled veterans. Jokic plays most of his minutes at the five. It appears Denver plans on pushing for the 8th seed. This allows them to both do that and part ways Chandler and Gallo.

The Clippers do it to move a player they were probably going to part with, anyway, while still collecting enough muscle in the trade to compete this year. We all know Anderson can pick-and-pop with the best of them and would space the floor nicely playing next to DeAndre Jordan. Plus, the Clippers' interest in Chandler isn't exactly a secret. The Clippers do not have a 1st rounder this year, so the draft incentives are a plus too.

6. FANfrom86toNow

In the famous words of Whitney Houston: "Crack is Whack!"

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Can we do something already. Or can any other team do something. It's getting really boring.

ramotadab likes this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gl98grm

In this scenario the Rockets would send a 1st and a 2nd to the Nets.

If The Pacers really want Brook to make PG13 happy then I hope Morey jumps in and does whatever he can to get Myles Turner here.

I'd offer one of Dekker/Montrezl to The Pacers to make this deal happen. We would need to make a move for another player like Wilson Chandler or Nick Young to make sure we had someone to play at the three backing up Ariza.

Harden/Brooks
    Bev/Gordon
    Ariza / Nick Young
    Anderson/ Dekker or Montrezl
    Turner/ Nene/ Capela

9. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +11.1 ppg, +2.0 rpg, and +3.3 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Brook Lopez
    28 year old, 7-0, 268 lb C from Stanford
    20.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29.6 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Caris LeVert
    22 year old, 6-7, 203 lb G from Michigan
    6.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.1 minutes in 2016-2017
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Ryan Anderson
    28 year old, 6-10, 240 lb PF from California
    13.9 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 30.8 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] K.J. McDaniels
    24 year old, 6-6, 205 lb GF from Clemson
    2.8 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.1 apg in 7.3 minutes in 2016-2017

+ First and 2nd rounders TO NETS.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

And he's complaining about minutes and not starting. And Gallo can supposedly be had for cheaper. If we are going to give up a first, rather a young player who can be elite at something like MKG (defense, finishing). Or a more versatile offensive player like Gallo.

Noel is still my first choice however.

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Lmao Pacers hang up laughing. If they were dumb enough to, the Nets will cut us out so fast your head will spin.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

This! Ajinca and a 2nd for Brewer straight up. Pels need to dump players and especially the bigs who were already getting no minutes BEFORE Boogie was acquired.

basketballholic likes this.
  13. rockets13champs

Only trade 1 makes sense other 2 are gahbage

14. rockets13champs

Hate afflalo he doesnt move the ball

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

pick up Matt Barnes...we need tough dudes and he fits.

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Harden doesn't like him.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

I used to hate Matt Barnes, but I hate Derrick Fisher even more. I'll take Barnes just so he can be in H-Town if he catches Fisher and beats his ass.

I'm sure Harden would be cool with getting an enforcer.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

As long as Barnes isn't still wanting his penis in Harden's Mother's mouth he might be a good pick up.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I'm shocked Morey/Rockets pulled it off w/Lakers. It seemed more logical to use the first rd pick on a taller
    wing like Wilson Chandler. I'm interested to see if further moves are coming.
    Williams is a god awful defender. DRtg of 113. How are these guys going to play together?
    Harden/Bev/Williams/?PF?/?C?.....on defense Bev guards PG?; Lou guards SG?; Harden guards SF? Lou Williams is a less defensive liability as a SG....over playing as PG & SF according to 82games.com
    "Production by Position"

http://www.82games.com/1617/16LAL5.HTM

I'm sure Ennis gets moved; but does Bev get moved as well? Bobby Brown can be cut.
    Can/Will Morey use another future 1st to get a SF wing? Go all out Small-Ball to counter lack
    of defensive center presence? Use 1st on a Center? Interesting? Timing of a couple days before
    deadline makes me wonder if something else is coming?

Morey threw me a curve ball.....but I'm not mad. Happy Brewer is in a better situation (Lakers).

#2499 Jatman20, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Thanks for quoting me. Haha. Didn't predict anything just seemed like a no brained thing you'd do if the Lakers would do it.

They're still going to struggle mighty defensively but I feel it won't be as bad as it seems since you're bombarding the other team with offense.

Jatman20 likes this.