1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Orlando is blowing things up, Jodie Meeks (6M expiring) might be someone to look at. Good 3pt wing shooter. 40% on 3ptrs. He played under MDA in LA, too.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Will Barton for Brewer is a pipe dream . Barton looks incredible in Denver and plays well with jokic .

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

My dark horse for "a deal out of left field" next week is Blake Griffin. He's the perfect guy to play the Amare role in MDAs offense and LAC has to be thinking about CP3 and Griffin being free agents this summer. If either of them waivers, they might both be gone.

Griffin and Bass for Anderson, Dekker and Harrell

Beverley
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza
    Griffin / Bass
    Capela / Nene

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

As far as depth is concerned, I would like for the Rockets to go after Kyle O'Quinn and Robert Covington.

Not sure what it would take to get, or if either is available, but both would help with defense and/or rebounding.

Depending on what it takes, Brewer's salary should still be available for one more "depth" move. Maybe PJ Tucker.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trading for Covington and Noel makes just too much sense for the Rockets:

Harden/Gordon
    Bev/sign Franklin/York/Fredette/Cook
    Ariza/Covington
    Ryno/Nene
    Noel/Capela/Harrell

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

At the end of this trade dedline, I will be:

1) very happy if we trade for DeMarcus Cousins or Whiteside (both options are not very realistic, but maybe are on the block)
    2) happy with Hezonja, Nerlens Noel
    3) meh with Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Mc Dermott, Tucker
    4) sad with Mirotic, Gibson, Tyson Chandler (unless he comes with a nice pick for taking his contract)

I only include names that are mention in posible trades, of course I will be happy with Lebron, but I tried to post only realistic names.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I really like the idea of adding both Mick young and Lou Williams. Especially if the are willing to take brewer.

Brewer/kj/1st for lou/swag

Maybe add gentile or a 2nd.

Lou give us the backup guard and added playmaking from the guard spot. Swag gives us a huge improvement to brewer and replacement. Contracts are low key and valuable.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  8. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I hope to get one or two of this players in this trade deadline.

Vucevic
    Lou
    Wilson
    Gallo

I don't mind trading Capela if we get Vucevic or Beverly if we get Lou.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

And what if we end up with no trade? :D

Ming The King likes this.
  10. Mr Chuck Norris

I'd rather have Lou or nick over Bev. Bev is hurt again...just so tired of it. I know its not his fault tho

11. Asian Sensation

I love seeing these proposals throwing out KJ as a centerpiece and Brewer as a sweetener in deals that would land us quality contributors. ****ing lol.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd love to get a deal for O'Quinn.

His rebounding, shot blocking and DPM numbers in his limited minutes are great. On espns stats site he's ranked #11 in rebounds per 48 and #1 in shot blocking per 48 among all qualified players this season. He's even ranked #12 among 48 centers in assist per 48 (3.9 assist with a 1.28 A/TO ratio), which isn't too big of a deal but compare that to Nene (Ranked 20th, at 2.5 assist with a .77 A/TO ratio) whom I consider a solid passer for a center and it is impressive.

His finishing at the rim is solid at 67%, his fg% this season is a respectable 53% which is lowered because of his solid mid range J. He makes about 37% of his shots in the mid range area at 41% effeciency(compared to Nene at 22% of his made shots coming from mid range on 42% effeciency) He is also a good FT shooter for a big man (75% this season, career 72%).

He's listed at 6'10 250 which is a solid size, he might be closer to 6'9 but he as a 7'4 wingspan, touted for his strength, has a 30 standing / max 35 inch vert (per draftexpress) he's young and seems to be healthy enough.

Why has he only played 15 mpg over his career? He basically seems like a mix of Nene's strength, mid range shot, passing with Capela's rebounding and shot blocking which seems just too good to be true.

Personally I don't see him going anywhere due to Noah's injuries, but would love him here. Perhaps the Knicks sell him off since it's impossible for them to move Noah, and since Willy is going off. Seems like an ideal backup center for us with his rebounding, shot blocking, mid range J and strength, especially on his contract for the next 2 seasons (4mill per). I think he might even be worthy of spending our 1st round pick on this year (mind you our pick is hopefully going to be in the 26-29 range).

Here's a nice video showing a little bit of everything of what O'Quinn does.

#2352 ThatBoyNick, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    CallMeTheDream and mickey_angelo like this.
  13. valorita

valorita Member

I do think that Rockets are a above average starting center, backup average 3&D, and serviceable 3rd string PG away from being on the same tier as San Antonio.

Which could mean a Draymond injury away from the finals.

We need to pounce on this and not just plan for the future because you never know if this is the best opportunity u will have.

D-rock likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

your gm a team spoiler is really bad man...

15. CallMeTheDream

KJ, Montrezl, a second, and rights to Gentile for O'quinn and Holiday.

16. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Elaborate.

17. rockets13champs

the Twolves... where did you create it.

I dont know if you see it but every post you make has a spoiler and it says
    GM-A-Team and you made the Twolves with Derrick Williams, Klove and Rubio

18. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Oh. Haha. Yeah, I completely forgot that was still there. Yeah, in retrospect that team turned out terrible.

rockets13champs likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't see any reason for Knicks to give up O'Quinn. He's a great complement to Porzingis, younger than Noah and on a great contract. Even Dolan isn't that much of dumbass.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We are 3 role players away from a team that is 4 games ahead of us in the standings after they played a lighter and easier schedule so far? Come on man. If we get those 3 things we are significantly better than San Antonio.

Also consider that to get those 3 things, we have to give 3 things. We are not signing impact players outright. Where are we going to get an above average starting C and a 3&D player without giving up a piece or pieces that were essential to winning at the rate we've been winning?

IMO we will catch San Antonio if we just get a 3rd string guard and a powerful big that can defend and rebound. But even that's highly unlikely without giving up non-Brewer rotation pieces. And if we give up those rotation pieces, we're losing other things we need. So if we trade Dekker, we will then be talking about how we need a more dynamic 4. If we trade any of Ariza or Bev, we will be talking about how we actually got worse at defense despite already being bad. If we trade Harrell without getting a better C in return, we will be lacking energy off the bench.

I feel like the expectations are SO high for this deadline. Maybe there's some news I've missed cause I've been on and off the board past few days, but my understanding is we have to either lose an important piece to get an important piece, or we have to get something worth our poo poo platter (brewer, kj, ennis). The only exception is if we include our draft pick, which is literally the 3rd worst first rounder in the league and unlikely to make a major blip in the quality we'd get in return.

Let's see but damn, I think we're better than you describe, and I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell we improve that much with what we have as assets. I hope everyone is prepared for one real possibility that the GM does nothing or almost nothing to tamper with a team that has the 3rd best record in the league with an uber easy schedule coming up, knowing the team was projected to only dream of getting homecourt. If Morey moves major pieces and this team doesn't win 70% of its games, I will be furious and expecting him to resign immediately.