1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Papa and a 2nd for PPat
    Jones, Dorsey, Prigs and picks for Collison
    Sign Chuck Hayes

Collison/Bev/Terry
    Harden/Thornton/Johnson
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    DMo/PPat/Harrell
    Howard/Capela/Hayes

2. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

thats four first round picks for 2, thats why.. lol

Look Dekker and Harrel could be the next Parson's and Faried, plus you get Jones who is not as bad as everyone around here thinks. I remember when i watched the games where Everyone around here was prasing T.Jones like basketball jones he was taking over games, but since he did bad in playoffs he is chop liver ? give me a break..... Hes just a 2nd year rookie... 1st if very very great as means of finding that player that will lead your team, if your a rebuilding one...

3. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

So why hasn't Seth Curry gotten a legitimate shot in the NBA so far? I haven't seen him play, but his numbers at Duke were good, D-League numbers are good, and now SL are good too. Is there something fundamental with him that doesn't translate to the NBA?

4. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

This ain't 2K son. Jazz would hang up laughing at this trash offer.

5. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

obviously

That why i posted this because exam and gobert is who we need after Howard and james bust out of this hoe... You know why cause GS got a cap on this division. We will be back to eating K.martins cherrios faster than a head spin. Belive me...

6. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Throw Ariza in there with Howard *** it...

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Exum*

And GSW is not in our division.

ETA: But yes, Utah would have to be on some serious drugs to do that deal.

8. newAge_Rockets

Repped. Thanks for the new knowledge, sir.

9. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Ok nice for the intel, see you after 2007 when rockets explode in rebuild :)

10. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

2017 i mean

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You're trolling. You're telling us the Rockets will be stuck with no rebuilding assets when Howard and Harden are gone (uh, ok), but want to take the best two rebuilding assets off of a Utah team that is rebuilding now.

12. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Look at this masterpiece

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q3txla8

Obviously why would Portland do it? In real life, they would be crucified for doing it, but consider this: They will probably be in the lottery for years to come, so why not get rid of your most expensive player, get a potential project in Joel Embiid, and some draft picks to boot.

At the very least this is a fun idea.

Rockets get: Damian Lillard

Blazers get: Joel Embiid, Dennis Schroder, KPAP, PHI 2016 1st Rounder, HOU 2017 1st Rounder, HOU 2018 2nd Rounder

Hawks get: Trevor Ariza and Nick Johnson

76ers get: Chris Kaman, Mike Scott, TJones, Kent Bezemore, Prigs, HOU 2016 1st rounder, ATL 2017 2nd Rounder

Hawks need a wing defender to replace DeMarre Carrol, 76ers want to get any value for Embiid so they can save face and have cap space to make the overall trade work finacially, Blazers want to rebuild completely, Rockets need a playmaking PG.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Papanikolaou, Jones and Prigioni for Chalmers and McRoberts.

Not a flashy trade by any means, but Chalmers is a 3 and D point who has championship experience. His shooting %'s went down this last season because Lebron left, but with Harden creating open looks for him he should shoot respectably again. McRoberts has range and can pass well.

Chalmers is expiring, McRoberts is under contract for 3 more years at 5.5 mill, but with the salary cap rise 5.5 mill will be an easy trade contract.

14. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'm not sure PHI would give up that 2016 1st rounder. Unless it's top 5 protected or something.

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Also, cannot trade consecutive 1st round picks (i.e. would have to be 2016 & 2018 1sts or 2017 & 2019 1sts)

16. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Iggy for Ariza? An upgrade.

Either Ty or Ricky for Jet and/or TJ? A big upgrade!

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I feel Morley have something up his sleeve..... don't be surprise he pulls the trigger on a big move before the end of the summer.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't think the Blazers would consider it with Embiid's current problems and Portland's bad history with injured centers... Walton, Bowie, Oden, Embiid...

Also, I think there's no way that Philly would trade Embiid and their pick for Terrence Jones and Houston's pick.

19. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Yup give up your young rising superstar for a player who can't even get on the court. Makes a lot of sense.