1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Thank you! someone that finally agrees with me!

2. AFS

AFS Member

Would Novak be able to bring a better rebounding presence at our 4 position? That's a huge need for this team as aside from Asik, we suck on the boards. We got killed on the glass whenever Asik was out of the game in Sacramento.

At least from what I've seen in Novak's game, he is too one-dimensional in his offense to be the kind of upgrade at the 4 that we're looking for.

3. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

[​IMG]

Really Aldrich??? time to go

4. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Some articles I've read regarding JJ Hickson suggest that his market value is only worth maybe a couple of 2nd round picks. This would slightly upgrade the 4 spot on the Rockets roster, but increasing their rebounding ability. JJ Hicksons deal expires at the end of the season and Rip Hamilton is only guaranteed $1million next season. So it wouldnt hurt our cap.

The Bulls are over the Luxury tax and need to trade a player to get them under the tax. This is somewhat similar to the Memphis/Cleveland trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=av6q9ub

Rockets receive: J.J. Hickson, Rip Hamilton, Lottery Protected 1st round pick via Chicago

Blazers receive: Cole Aldrich, Marcus Morris, 2nd round pick via Houston

Bulls: Give up lottery protected 1st round pick to Rockets. Get under the luxury tax.

5. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Hey guys i had this trade in mind a 4 team trade.

Houston In: J. Smith, J. teague
    Houston Out: Morris, 2 Pat, Lin

Suns In: G. Hayward, 2Pat, Morrow
    Suns Out: Gortat, Dudley

Hawks In: Millsap, Gortat, Picks from Suns (since they have couple first rounders.)
    Hawks out: J. Smith, Teague, Morrow

Jazzs In: Lin, Dudley, Morris
    Jazzs out: Millsap, Hayward

It works on the Trade Machine. what you guys think.

6. Screw

Screw Member

Im just throwing this out there. Iman shumpert?

7. darmor90

darmor90 Member

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

We should try to get Shumpert or Hayward.

9. fattz

fattz Member

trade or cut he is out of here by the trade deadline... (to many youngsters in the RGV--> need looks in the real league) 10 day contracts

10. nykb17

nykb17 Member

Wilson Chandler wants out of Denver. He can be a stretch 4 here ala Marion in his PHX days.

11. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Morey has already passed on Dragic's contract due to the player option. It sabotages the trade value. Nothing has changed about that contract, it still has the same player option. Morey is all about flexibility, he doesn't want Dragic's contract.

12. ooox

ooox Member

Lmao why do people post such homer trades? This isn't even close to realistic. The Blazers and Bulls have absolutely no reason to do this. If the Bulls wanted to get under the cap so bad they would of waive Robinson at the deadline.

13. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Wouldn't really call this a homer trade. Teams trade away players while giving up a draft pick to get under the luxury tax. It's fairly common. The Bulls signed Robinson to a deal that doesn't become fully guaranteed until Jan. 10. That means they can waive Robinson with no penalty any time before that date, an option that always has been under consideration internally. Portland does not seem interested in resigning Hickson who is set to become a FA in the summer. They might as well get something for him. I've heard his market value is only worth a few 2nd round picks. Teams know Portland won't resign him, giving other teams leverage.

14. rogower

rogower Member

When I look at some of the players being suggested by some of you guys, I wonder if you're just writing the names of all NBA players on little pieces of paper, putting all of the pieces of paper in a hat, closing your eyes, pulling out a couple of the pieces of paper, reading the names, and then sitting down in front of your computer and typing up with trade ideas involving the randomly chosen players. There is just not a whole lot of rhyme or reason going on here.

15. rogower

rogower Member

And why isn't Portland interested in re-signing J.J. Hickson? They've been pretty competitive this season and Hickson has played really well. Is there some sort of rule that bars Portland from re-signing him, or from offering him more than x amount of money? If nothing is stopping Portland from re-signing Hickson, then I fully expect the Trailblazers from re-signing him to a deal for something along the lines of four years, $30-$34 mil.

If there is some rule that bars the Blazers from offering Hickson this sort of a contract, I would appreciate it if somebody let me/us know. Thanks!

16. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I've just heard rumors saying hey don't intend to resign him. They have a really thin bench and could get some decent role and bench players for him. He is set to become an UFA, so they could possibly get some value for him.

17. darmor90

darmor90 Member

But from a value stand point we would be getting a better player at a cheaper price. I believe Lin was meant to be a big part of the offense before we got Harden. When we got Harden, Lin's value went down because his talents would be wasted (arguably, he still could have been worse). Getting Dragic back would makes us better by adding his defense, 3 point shooting, besides the fact that he was a monster on transition, which would fit right in with what we're doing. He's a much better number 2 option; and we all know and love him.

18. Postcall

Postcall Member

Lin is as good or better than Dragic in all those categories. Dragic is not a 2 on a top team. Sorry but at best Dragic is a lateral move that would hurt the chance to acquire a second superstar.

19. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Byron Mullens just dropped 25 Pts and grabbed18 Rebs but I do not know what I'm talking about and he did it against the
    Celtics

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

But everybody only wants the bigger names players....haven't we learned this year w/ Asik and other players that if you put in hard work you will exceed.

1 person likes this.