1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I was thinking about somethin like this last night actually.

I don't really like Josh Smith the player much at all, but I do like that Howard and Smith are good friends.

I don't know if I would gamble Patterson on that though. I would look to move Scola in a smith trade in Pat's place.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i would trade scola and keep patterson

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Sure wished I could believe the "light bulb" comment but it came from his agent, for crying out loud.

4. davestrate

davestrate Member

Good point but I do remember seeing Morris make the Melo comparison of himself, in order to make such a bold statement I'm thinking he's got what it takes.

5. davestrate

davestrate Member

Yes that would be my dream scenario too but there's no way Atlanta is going to take Scola's salary and Hill's and Dragic's for the sake of getting rid of Smith. Their issue I think was having or wanting to shed salary, the addition of Scola would prevent them from doing so.

6. joesr

joesr Member

3 team!

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Houston trades: Luis Scola, Marcus Morris, Budinger, Jordan Hill,
    Houston receives: Iggy, Robin Lopez

Philly trades: Iggy
    Philly receives: Morris, Budinger, Hill, Pietrus ($5.3M expiring), Phoenix 1st rounder

Phoenix trades: Pietrus, Ro-Lo, 2012 1st
    Phoenix receives: Luis Scola

Why for Houston: Shore up the defense by letting go of Scola and bringing in Iggy. Take a chance on a young 7 footer while his value is at an all-time low.

Why for Philly: Let go of a disgruntled Iguodala for an infusion of young talent and expirings

Why for Phoenix: Give Nash some better talent to spend the twilight of his career with. Scola will thrive in the PnR with Steve and be a nice front court complement to Gortat.

Lowry/Martin/Iggy/Patterson/Chuck
    Dragic/Lee/Williams/Motiejunas/Ro-Lo

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I like this for the rockets. Maybe then sign nene if possible?

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yeah, if we could amnesty cut Thabeet and sign Nene, I think that would be a really good team.

10. Garner

Garner Member

Who was it...Marcus Thorton who the other day said he's the next Michael Jordan?

Regardless of who Morris ends up being and at what position, he will not start over Budinger to begin the season.

11. Garner

Garner Member

anytime you have to use infusion to sell your point, that team is probably saying no.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

A soft "veteran" that plays like a rookie, has no D, flawed passing and tons of games where he jacks up shots and doesn't make any? Chase is an one-dimensional shooter wtih athleticsm and that's it.
    Sorry but Morris is an upgrade and has 10x more potential than Bud.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, true, but it could be true, don't you want to find out?

DD

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Go look at Clutchfans front page and check out his last game, or how the team did with him as a starter.....you are simply wrong.

DD

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I can find monster Luther Head or Sebastian Telfair games too, heck, even Adam Morisson or Kwame probably went bonkers sometimes. A few games mean nothing.

And just admit that most of the times it was terrible to watch some of our guys play defense, I hope McHale can turn this around.

16. joesr

joesr Member

I love the "I know how our rookies will react in the league without playing a NBA game Clutchfan postings"!

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Please don't interpret my statement, I didn't say Morris would pan out great.
    My point is that Bud is a one-dimensional player who plays to score and run up and down while being below mediocre at passing and defense.
    Morris has a more allround-game and a better body to be a valuable 3 on both ends. Therefore I see his upside being bigger than Bud's.

18. joesr

joesr Member

and just to add Yung T, for someone who didnt make any shots, shooting 42.6 percent for the season is kinda, well, not-not making shots.....

is this slang for something???

Just fyi to save you time:
    Kmart shoots 43 percent
    LJames shoots 46 percent

and just fyi, his game started getting better since he started after the Battier trade, shucks, who knows, maybe his offense was a small or big contributor to our winning more games after the trade dead line /shrug who knows, just saying.

19. joesr

joesr Member

again, from this statement, I am getting the same I know how he will react in the NBA before playing type statement.

How do I interpret this and the prior statement then? Because this and the prior one sounds like you know how he will turn out. Your already stating he is a better player then a player we have seen played in the NBA and even start in 22 games.

I think we all know he is one dimension but then again it seems ever since Radelman, we have been going for offensive minded players.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't think 42.6% or 43% are efficient, this is Iverson level(and 90% call him a ballhog and say he shot way too much). And consider that 82% of Bud's FGs are assisted, 42.6% fg and 32.5% 3pt are not exactly what I call a great scoring option or deadly shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.