1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I’ve been looking, Saric is the only high draft pick that is currently a buy low, unless you count Josh Jackson. Kennard is 6’5, rather go with Saric at 6’10

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Don’t think they are necessarily looking to offload Kennard. The poster just said teams are making offers for him, which is not surprising given his specific skill set. Detroit likes the kid, likely they hold onto him.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Markieff is the best "relatively cheap" get you can get that fills so many holes. A "legit PF" that can hit the 3, score a bit, defend a bit. He's not a good rebounder, but if Russ ups this part of his game as he says he's going to, rebounding overall might be ok. Not the best from a mental/chemistry standpoint, but you're really not asking him to do a lot.

As for Capela to Boston, Toronto, Orlando. The Rockets are seriously screwed without Capela defensively, from a "big" perspective, etc. Even recognizing he is our most valuable trade asset to get something "home run" back, internally DM has to know he has to be valued even more than that. MDA won't play Harty as is. Chandler sucks. You still have to have a big and defend the rim.

So with those 3 potentially interested, what in your opinion is a "home run" return? I mean if the Celtics want to include Tatum, or Brown, sure, Outside of those two there's not package that makes sense. If Orlando wants to include Isaac AND Gordon (AG as the key piece return is lol... he's not that good, he seems like he should be, and maybe here could be better but he's not that good there and not worth Capela who is limited in ways but fits here perfectly). And outside of Siakim, no clue what makes sense Raptors wise. I guess Ibaka plus ... but plus what... their forward aren't that great either other than Siakim who they are not trading.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Capela "home run" type deal to address the forward spot but not sure what's really out there...

How about Russ/Capela/Tucker for Embiid and Horford.... lol

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fair enough, i like Kennard more (mostly cause of the upside) but i like Saric too.

Now i also remember cyberx saying we tried to get him last season or two years ago at the deadline, fwiw.

lionaire, 13BeardsIN1 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

What about AG and Bamba? I also believe that AG could provide the same offense (and more) than Clint since Rockets love to play small ball.

AG does not provide same rim protection but he is much more advanced perimeter defender.

AG is better defender on AD and Draymond type centers. Clint better defender for Gobbert and Joker type 5's.

But Mo Bamba is true 7 foot with 7'8 wingspan.

DeBeards likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Probably just Morey doing his due diligence and beating every bush. Unlikely Kennard offloaded unless Detroit gets near all star back.

DeBeards likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Woo Hoo! @Codman "signature season!"

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's what i'm saying too about moving Capela, i need a to get a big name or a substantial upgrade on the roster overall to move him, people still think about Draymond but we have also to play against legit centers like Gobert, Jokic, Davis/Cousins, possibly Embiid in the finals...i think on paper guys like Holmes and Noel would fit well here, but compared to Capela they're much smaller/lighter, and there's no guarantee on how good their chemistry on pick & roll with James would be either so, saying you can easily replace Capela with one of them i don't know...that's a gamble imo.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Noel and Russ have proven chemistry already.

DeBeards and Codman like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

On what sample and with what results though? Russ mostly played with Adams, James never played with Noel, and regardless, Noel is much smaller then guys like Gobert/Jokic, i don't know how well he would be able to run them down the court, play over them and guard them without being easily pushed...everytime i see Noel i can't stop thinking he looks super thin and small for a center.

mikol13 and Codman like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

jonasXV likes this.
  12. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I could see Mike Scott coming to Houston if Philly make a trade for Rose. They’re eyeing him according to the reports and Pistons wouldn’t need Scott, but he probably has to be outgoing for salary matching

D-rock, Deuce and Codman like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

40% 3pt shooter at volume. Could be be a younger JJ Redick type player? Would seem like a good fit in the Rockets system.

Like, hey, the Rockets 3pt shooting team goes out and gets.....a good 3pt shooter!

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree that Noel and Giles are undersized, but they are very scrappy and stronger than they look. Further, Noel is better rim protector as well as an elite perimeter defender for a 5.

As for chemistry, Adams missed lots of games last season plus Russ helped recruit Noel to OKC.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com...oel-to-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-free-agency/

DeBeards and Vivi like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

@D-rock i like Noel don't get me wrong, i just wouldn't bet he will eventually work as Capela or well enough.

D-rock likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Detroit receives:
    Zhaire Smith
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Nene
    Houston 2nd Rounder
    Philly 1st Rounder via OKC

Philly receives:
    Derrick Rose

Houston receives:
    Markieff Morris
    Kyle O'Quinn

That, to me, looks like a fair trade all around.

joshuaao likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah. I guess I'm just in the Capela is way undervalued department. I get that when we go against teams with really good, true bigs, he might struggle, or amazing smalls, he might struggle. I'm not calling him an all-star. That's going to happen. Capela against the GSW dynasty will have hit or miss moments....

BUT the guy gives you 14/14 with 2 blocks on amazing efficiency while knowing his role and being an overall very solid rim defender. I don't think there's a better C for the price, which is important given how much $$ is sunk into Harden/Russ.

But whether you value him as highly as I do, or not, everyone has to agree that creating a gaping center rim and paint defender hole would be a HUGE problem. They could trade him straight up for say Devin Booker and its still a roster with problems. Which isn't to say you don't make the obvious get better trades, but that you better have a plan to fix that position/hole at that point, if the trade itself doesn't do it.

I'd consider this.

18. jb86

jb86 Member

We should through in another 2nd round pick for Thon Maker

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

BOSTON receives:
    Clint Capela
    Ben McLemore or Danuel House

MINNESOTA receives:
    Marcus Smart

HOUSTON receives:
    Robert Covington
    D. Theis

Draft picks here and there, if needed?

This would actually add slightly to our luxury tax bill, but I think Morey could offload a player like Green (who won't see the court this season) into somebody's cap space with a 2nd rounder and some cash or something.

Unless Ainge after seeing "The Blind Side" said that he, too, wants a black son athlete and Marcus Smart is that guy, "no way I'll part with him". (Ainge would part with anyone if he had to but he and Morey would probably try to out-**** each other in a deal.)

#899 ROXTXIA, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Add Robert Williams incoming to Rockets and I love it.

DeBeards likes this.