1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

A lot of people just enter in fantasy mode, think that something new is exciting and for some reason better then it really is, give them a few weeks if not games and they would regret doing some of the trades i read here. Just look at what happened with House, he was amazing, a must signing last season, now that they're used to him, with his highs and lows, he's just another meh guy they would ship for Kyle Korver...just to watch Korver getting abused on D a couple of games and b**** about it.

In my view there's no way i trade Capela unless i get back a better player. I might think about swapping him for a couple of players that are not as good as him by themselves, but they would've to be good fits in terms of game style (not guys who "might be able to do 90% of what he does"), age, contract, with no injury history...so, yeah.

#641 Vivi, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Shipping out the pro-proper fit that is CC is just a silly thought, short of a franchise moving swap. And that ain’t happenin’ unless JH13 decides he wants to hit the road, Jack...

Vivi likes this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Trade winner = championship
    All other 5 teams have more avail assets to deal.

trade thabo and nene and picks right away.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

0.13 mil dollars to reach tax.

morey likes tax saving more than improvement.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Salaries are not even close.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You spelled "Tillman" wrong.

PhilCollins, mikol13 and Corrosion like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was about to correct him too ....

mikol13 and D-rock like this.
  8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I know what you mean. But what if PJ were to sustain a significant injury? He nearly outplayed(for his role) everyone on team during last year's playoffs. If he goes down our defense at the 3/4 may be horrific to put it mildly.

Clint is having an incredible season. But the lack of proven wings on the roster haunts me I guess. MDA does prefer small ball in his heart of hearts anyway lol.

I'm thinking about the playoffs. We don't really know if any of our forwards will be ready. PJ is the only one I trust. I know what we are capable of during the playoffs without Clint on the floor. Our best lineups at times were when Clint was sitting.

The Lakers, Bucks and Philly have huge rosters. Clint may be needed more this year. But if he again becomes unplayable or disappears would it still be worth keeping him at the expense of upgrading our 3/4 or 4/5 spots? I guess the real question is how much do you trust House, Thabo and BMac vs elite post season competition. House has very minimal and not very impressive playoff experience, and Thabo is over the hill. BMac could be a guy that shows up. I like McLemore a lot but again no post season experience.

I honestly don't believe that any major trade will happen this year for obvious reasons. Most of us in this thread are just playing fantasy GM.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Hawks land Thabo and cash

rockets land glen Robinson iii, 40% 3 pt ,better than house on everything

GS land a 2nd round pick

Rockets save 0.5 million on tax room.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Jonah Bolden is probably going to get cut by the 76’s and would be a really nice pick up for us. If we can pick him off the waiver wire because his contract is nothing. Injury and loaded front court is why he is available. He is from Australia and played all over the world our next coach may put him in the rotation—>
    nbadraft.net report on him:
    Strengths:Versatile player, who – under the right conditions – can be play in all front court positions… Great size and lentgh for a power forward…. He has really long arms and a very good wingspan (measured at 7-3 feet)… Smooth athlete, with very good jumping ability off two feet when he has room to gather… Team player, who plays inside the system… High basketball I.Q… He runs the floor extremely well for a big… Really light on his feet… Impressive ball handling for a player his size… Can start the fast the break as the ball handler and do the coast to coast if he finds room… Great on transition, really knows how to fill the lanes… Stretch-4 potential… He has a nice looking shooting stroke… Can Shoot the ball well from the perimeter, going all the way up to 3-point range… His mid-range game is really solid… Excellent on Pick and Pop situations… Can Play the Pick and Roll as the screener at a very good level… Solid on creating his own shot… Has a good Pull Up Jump shot as a counter move… Can play above the rim… Likes to finish strong at the basket…. Puts the ball on the floor and attacks closeouts thanks to his athleticism and solid first step… Very good passer…. Posseses great court vision and sees angles that are rare to be seen by bigs… Moves well without the ball… Very good rebounder, who is not afraid to bang bodies… Relentless on the offensive boards, puts a lot of presure on the opposing team… Great lateral quickness… He can switch on a perimeter player while defending the Pick and Roll with ease and hold his ground…. He is a great shot blocker, with good instincts… His length, defensive instincts and above average athleticism make him a good rim protector… Covers a lot of ground on defense with his length and athleticism and contests shots… Has active hands on Defense, which helps him make a lot of steals… Very good weakside defender…

Weaknesses:He really needs to add strength, especially on his upper body… Very good, but not an elite athlete… The fact that he needs room to gather before jumping can be a problem at the next level… He might play inside the system, but this could make him look passive at times on offense… He needs to learn when to step up for his team… His free throw shooting was bad in 2016/17 season (below 60%), which is kind of bizzare considering he was shooting in the low 40’s from 3-point range… He doesn’t go to the line as often as you would expect from a guy with his skillset… Has the tendency to settle for mid-range and long range shots instead of going all the way to the basket… Has problems creating his own shot against athletic defenders… Seems to prefer to Pop out after he sets a screen rather than Roll hard to the basket…. He doesn’t establish position in the Post and can’t really exploit any miss-matches… His Post game is just average and doesn’t have enough counter moves… At times he tries to do too much with his ball in his hands, either by forcing a difficult pass or make one more dribble than he should, which leads to turnovers… There are moments he puts his hands down when he tries to block a shot and as a result he commits bad fouls… Holds his ground in the post on Defense, but he can’t really contain strong, physical players… Can lose focus on defense, and be too concern looking at the ball…

Overall:The rare combination of Stretch-4 potential and rim protection is what makes Jonah Bolden a really intriguing prospect. The Australian forward can become a “jack of all trades” kind of player on both ends of the floor, but for this to happen he has to be in the right system and continue to work hard.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe a Clarkson-esque move could have torpedoed the squad to a better record.

12. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Bolden would definitely be an intriguing player. Would definitely be a solid backup and provide us the length that we need.

fattz, D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love Bolden, but why are 6ers giving up on him so soon?

treyk3 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Give 6ers SRP and sign Kenny Wooten.

3 way trade with Capela going out, Aaron Gordon & Robert Williams coming in.

3 way trade with FRP House, Nene, filler going out to WAS, Bertrans to MIN, Covington to HOU.

Russ/Rivers/Clemons
    Harden/EGo
    Covington/Tuck/McLemore
    AG/Bolden
    Hartenstein/Wooten/RWilliams

treyk3 likes this.
  15. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

You spelled "Tilman" wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly does not mind, why should you?

17. fattz

fattz Member

Accordingly to Rotoworld;
    Jonah Bolden was a DNP-CD on Thursday against the Celtics.
    It's certainly possible the 76ers are going to cut him to clear room for Norvel Pelle, whose two-way deal runs out in five days. Leave Bolden on the wire.

Jan 9, 2020, 9:44 PM ET

treyk3, BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

6ers also looking at signing options like Langston Galloway and Jeff Green.

19. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

House, nene, sefolosha for Jae Crowder or Al Faruq Aminu

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Houston sends out House, Hartenstein, Thabo, Nene, Memphis 2020 2nd Rounder, Their Own 2020 2nd Rounder and Their Own 2020 First rounder.

Houston receives Robert Covington and Jonah Bolden via TPE.

Philly receives Nene (to be waived) and Rockets' 2020 2nd Round Pick.

Philly sends Jonah Bolden to Houston.

Wolves receive House, Hartenstein and Thabo and Memphis 2020 2nd Rounder and Rockets 2020 1st Round Pick unprotected.
    Wolves send RoCo to Houston.

Rockets new nine man every day rotation. Bolden has the ability to be the 4/5 off the bench that this team severely lacks and Covington provides more consistency to the SF position. Still lacking in an overly deep bench but the result is that we still have Capela and Eric to package if a star should become available in the next few seasons.

Russ/Rivers
    Harden/Eric
    Covington / McLemore
    PJ Tucker/ Bolden
    Capela

D-rock likes this.